Turn your PlayStation Classic into a fantastic emulation machine

The one that's recommended in the first post of this topic (>>  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MUF-128AB-GBFit-Flash-Drive/dp/B07FD878SJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_6). Granted, it's a USB3 one, but other people seem to use it as well, and haven't reported any issues.

Do you reckon I should switch to a USB2 one instead?

Mind you ever since having removed the Tomb Raider ROMs, it hasn't crashed anymore. Even after a three-hour session - typically it would crash around the 40-minute mark.

Maybe aye. I've been using the Cruzer 64GB drive from the opening post and it's worked perfectly so far (I did have one notable crash but I think that was the PS classic overheating and shutting down as I had been running it full tilt all day/ good chunk of the evening).

Any wireless pad recommends with analog? Don't want to waste any money getting something that doesn't work (preferably near instantly)

On 05/08/2019 at 12:43, Keyboard Koala said:

The one that's recommended in the first post of this topic (>>  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MUF-128AB-GBFit-Flash-Drive/dp/B07FD878SJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_6). Granted, it's a USB3 one, but other people seem to use it as well, and haven't reported any issues.

Do you reckon I should switch to a USB2 one instead?

Mind you ever since having removed the Tomb Raider ROMs, it hasn't crashed anymore. Even after a three-hour session - typically it would crash around the 40-minute mark.

Yeah, I ordered the USB 2 one. It was more expensive, which made me slighty suspicious, so I went for that one. I should update the first post with this new info.

I'm using a, well I can't remember. It's an 8gb stick of decent branding. 

Anyway, games like Wipeout 3 have frame rate issues when running. The FPS counter is showing mostly 30/60 but not smooth constantly in gameplay. 

Could this be the stick? 

16 hours ago, SuperDan X said:

So are you saying the 3.0 Samsung one I bought from the link in the first post is no good now? I haven’t got around to hacking my mini yet. 

I am saying maybe. I got the stick recommendation from a friend and ordered the USB 2 one as it was priced higher and had no issue. I don't have a usb 3 stick to make a comparison.

I am sorry if you feel you have wasted your money.

EDIT: It seems like the usb 2 isn't available anymore. I can remove the stick if people have issues. Honestly, the OGT mod is so easy I'd just do that. And after that, you'll have no power issues at all, so I would recommend everyone do it regardless.

8 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Most likely the emulation. It’s certainly not perfect. Also is the wipeout3 pal version? You’ll have issues with a game designed for a 50Hz refresh rate mapping into hdmi spec 60Hz. 

No Japanese version. I thought it was likely to be the emulation but worth a check. I'm running Autobleem 

Are you sure you guys aren't running hi-res mode? I had problems when running Silent Hill in hi-res. Also, with retroarch you can choose which core you want to use to run any game, so if it doesn't run at all / very well, on one, move onto another core...

17 hours ago, SuperDan X said:

So are you saying the 3.0 Samsung one I bought from the link in the first post is no good now? I haven’t got around to hacking my mini yet. 

No; I think my problems were due to some roms causing crashes rather than the stick. Don't worry about using it :)

2 minutes ago, Tomdominer said:

Are you sure you guys aren't running hi-res mode? I had problems when running Silent Hill in hi-res. Also, with retroarch you can choose which core you want to use to run any game, so if it doesn't run at all / very well, on one, move onto another core...

How do you disable it? Somewhere in the menu I take it?

26 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

How do you disable it? Somewhere in the menu I take it?

I am not sure, as I use retroarch. But, with retroarch, its select and start to bring up the quick menu, and then from there you choose "core options" and I believe the hi-res option is in there (going from memory). if you can bring up a autobleem menu when running the game, then I would check through that.

1 hour ago, Tomdominer said:

Yes I am because it looks so good with it. Is there another way to make it look good?

15 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Yes I am because it looks so good with it. Is there another way to make it look good?

Eeeerrr, well, I suppose you could try the shaders and see if the filtering options there make it look better? But yeah, if you use hi-res mode, expect slowdown on some of the more demanding titles.

On 05/08/2019 at 13:53, Ran said:

Maybe aye. I've been using the Cruzer 64GB drive from the opening post and it's worked perfectly so far (I did have one notable crash but I think that was the PS classic overheating and shutting down as I had been running it full tilt all day/ good chunk of the evening).

Any wireless pad recommends with analog? Don't want to waste any money getting something that doesn't work (preferably near instantly)

Well, I've had the Cruzer one crash on me as well today. But could it be overheating then? It was after about 3hrs. of playing, which doesn't really seem that long...

Nah; tbh I think it's the ROM that's a bit iffy. I don't get a completely clear picture in that game from time to time either. Besides, I remember that I played through the entire Policenauts game with just one crash.

The price you pay for getting free ROMs I guess, although I already own FF VIII both on pc and my PSP.

In conclusion, I think it's safe to say both the Samsung and SanDisk thumb sticks recommended in the first post of this topic perform equally well.

I was wondering if someone could check something out for me:

R-type delta constantly crashes in Bleemsync. I’ve tried a few ROMs. It happens the most when I choose the tentacle option and I’ve beaten level 1 and level 2 is about to start.

bit gutted as R-type delta is one of my favourite ps1 games 

Anyone come across this issue?

I tried to boot retroarch from a USB and got a red flashing light, presumably the usb drawing too much power.

I've got a message on my machine now saying "Can't recognize controller" with or without the USB plugged in.

19 hours ago, beakbeak said:

I was wondering if someone could check something out for me:

R-type delta constantly crashes in Bleemsync. I’ve tried a few ROMs. It happens the most when I choose the tentacle option and I’ve beaten level 1 and level 2 is about to start.

bit gutted as R-type delta is one of my favourite ps1 games 

I'm not using Bleemsync, but I haven't had any issues with R-Type Delta - played through the first two levels just fine. I would recommend utilising Retroarch - it definitely has the best emulation (but at the expense of a nice interface!)

1 hour ago, MW_Jimmy said:

I'm not using Bleemsync, but I haven't had any issues with R-Type Delta - played through the first two levels just fine. I would recommend utilising Retroarch - it definitely has the best emulation (but at the expense of a nice interface!)

It’s a weird bug. It only seems to happen when you die and don’t continue and let the clock go down to 0. 

I do really like the interface on bleemsync though....