Love Island

samthefootball

2 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Also unsure what this ‘she’s a plant’ means, pls confirm?

she's been "planted" in the show, by the production company, to spice things up

Think Chloe is my favourite too. She doesn’t seem to hide anything good or bad from anyone.  

I think Jake can’t admit it himself that he just isn’t really feeling things between him and Liberty. 

Faye would be a nightmare and will clearly kick off this week about the couple’s compatibility thing but focus all her rage on one poor sap when it took more than one person to vote. 

Liam pretty much got away with murder after the other house and is having his cake and eating it. Millie seems fairly balanced and kind although I suspect she tactically (socially speaking) keeps out of any conflict in other couples.  

Priya was quite frankly horrible after that dinner date despite Brett being a bit dull. I wish he had finished things the next day just to turn the tables a bit. 

This show is so boring and predicative I despise but will be tuning in tomorrow. 

Priya threw everyone under the bus by telling Faye they didn't vote for them, so only 4 other couples and Faye now knows 3 of them voted for her and Teddy. 

She went round telling everyone how pissed off she would be, proper bulky tactics. 

1 hour ago, RK1D said:

Priya threw everyone under the bus by telling Faye they didn't vote for them, so only 4 other couples and Faye now knows 3 of them voted for her and Teddy. 

She went round telling everyone how pissed off she would be, proper bulky tactics. 

5 other couples.

Liberty and Jake

Mary and Aaron

Millie and Liam

Kaz and Tyler

Chloe and Toby

Proper awkward when Faye was explaining her thoughts, and Liberty and Millie were right there next to her. They knoooooow a storm’s coming!

It will shock you all to the core to hear this, but I don’t think that Jake is in love with Liberty.

2 hours ago, RK1D said:

I wonder if that it's because she's scared of Faye? I bloody would be.

There's pictures of Mary before/after facial surgery. Man, I had no idea so surgery was so prevalent.

12 minutes ago, McFly said:

I wonder if that it's because she's scared of Faye? I bloody would be.

There's pictures of Mary before/after facial surgery. Man, I had no idea so surgery was so prevalent.

Every single girl on this show has had surgery (and I imagine quite a few of the boys too). At the bare minimum they have had (terrible looking) lip work and fillers done because Snapchat filters and Instagram have given so many people complexes about having 'thin lips'.

It's so tragic:

image.png.cc3ee9ae52fa1c3b13dc0ed803f0e718.png

image.png.3e40f30ba994c8d5207087a96f5367c3.png

image.thumb.png.a25b9d5df6288d6c2811627f13b83281.png

image.thumb.png.721978b9338cc1234442e93acccf6585.png

31 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Every single girl on this show has had surgery (and I imagine quite a few of the boys too). At the bare minimum they have had (terrible looking) lip work and fillers done because Snapchat filters and Instagram have given so many people complexes about having 'thin lips'.

It's so tragic:

image.png.cc3ee9ae52fa1c3b13dc0ed803f0e718.png

image.png.3e40f30ba994c8d5207087a96f5367c3.png

image.thumb.png.a25b9d5df6288d6c2811627f13b83281.png

image.thumb.png.721978b9338cc1234442e93acccf6585.png

:( Look how skinny Faye is, Shannon (iirc 2nd bottom), looked better before.

On 16/08/2021 at 10:05, SpagMasterSwift said:

It's weird that Jake is getting so much heat for not being genuine on a TV show especially when Chloe is sooooo clearly a plant.

Don't really get what you mean by saying shes a plant. They're all planted there by the show to make the most drama as possible. Chloe just has a bit more of an interesting personality than the usual contestant. 

I think "professional actor" is what's meant?

But if you watch the credits there's a "director of scripted" and a separate "director of unscripted". So actors being used isn't a surprise

They won't have a "professional actor" who is playing a character and liaising with production but obviously would have picked big personalities to spice things up - I'm pretty sure as this has a cash prize they have to be "fair" to the contestants and their chance to win.

The two directors will be for the "reality " sections where they are just sitting around and the more structured sections with the host.

I would presume the director for scripted would be for the all the sage way bits where they are usually dancing around with a wine glass before an evening.  

Faye is obviously very reliant on validation from others but she brings misery to everyone. I don’t think Aaron and Mary would have reacted the way they did if they hadn’t seen Faye’s reaction. 

I think Jake and Liberty handled it quite well really. 

Chloe’s talent show was the best - generally made me laugh. Faye’s was the worst as I think she was trying to stir things up again for everyone.  

5 hours ago, Triple A said:

is a somewhat sinister character I think.

Do not be fooled by the big eyes and well enunciated words!

Pretty Patel.

That's reaching a little...

Though I have met a few like her before. Med Student/Doctors (especially good looking ones) can often be extremely arrogant and narcissistic. 

54 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Awww poor Liberty, but was gonna happen eventually - just glad it’s happening in front of the cameras!

Will probably last 30 seconds just like all the other times. Like it or not, she loves that twat.

I dunno, as much as I respect her for sacking it off in the final furlong, I feel like she knew what she was doing.

All the 'I've got to be true to myself, if he loves me he should fight for me, ain't nobody going to change me babes' is hugely clichéd. I feel like she knows the cloying 'day one sweethearts' love-in is played out and decided to play the long game. Fair play to her. 

55 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

I dunno, as much as I respect her for sacking it off in the final furlong, I feel like she knew what she was doing.

All the 'I've got to be true to myself, if he loves me he should fight for me, ain't nobody going to change me babes' is hugely clichéd. I feel like she knows the cloying 'day one sweethearts' love-in is played out and decided to play the long game. Fair play to her. 

I mean, I’m glad she dumped Jake, but the whole ‘I won’t change for anyone’ thing is bullshit. Relationships partly exist to improve us. I really don’t think that deciding to become less messy would be a terrible thing for her or a subjugation of her as an individual.