Baldur's Gate 3 - ceremorphosis from Larian (TBA)

Has it been confirmed that it's only turn based? Surely there will be an option for either combat style like in Pillars of Eternity 2 or whichever game that did it recently.

That gameplay demo is so flavourless compared to the dense detail of previous BG games. Still, a lot of 3D RPGs look that way so I won’t write it off yet. Still think keeping the Baldur’s Gate branding is likely to backfire on them. 

It looks and sound lovely.

But, that first protracted fight and eventual defeat to three trash mobs by someone who knows the game inside and out, where the newly added D20 rng fucked all of his sensible planning and half an hour of focused effort, is exactly why I’ll never be playing this.

Life is too fucking short.

1 hour ago, jonamok said:

It looks and sound lovely.

But, that first protracted fight and eventual defeat to three trash mobs by someone who knows the game inside and out, where the newly added D20 rng fucked all of his sensible planning and half an hour of focused effort, is exactly why I’ll never be playing this.

Life is too fucking short.

Sounds like perfect D&D to me :D

• 7 months later...

Really looking forward to this game, but I always skip early access as I find myself burning out on a game before it's finished. Or just can't be arsed starting all over again once release day rolls around. Moreso with deep, story and system-heavy RPGs. But I'm of course going to keep a close eye on this thread for early impressions from all of you adventurous types :)

1 minute ago, skittles said:

When is the actual release date?

Imagine a day when the 3080/3090 are available everywhere with one-day delivery.

It might be before that happens...

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

Imagine a day when the 3080/3090 are available everywhere with one-day delivery.

It might be before that happens...

:quote:

Google is saying its out today. Annoying.