Deathloop - Tales from the Loop

Mr Do 71

Still annoyingly early on in this after having to commute into central London all week thus losing me precious gaming time. Do you lose access to the beach after a few runs or am I being thick? It keeps spawning me in and just taking me straight to the "choose location" screen?

18 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Still annoyingly early on in this after having to commute into central London all week thus losing me precious gaming time. Do you lose access to the beach after a few runs or am I being thick? It keeps spawning me in and just taking me straight to the "choose location" screen?

Nah, you lose access to it and gain a really shoddily encoded brief wakeup vid for each loop instead. 

18 minutes ago, Minion said:

So if I leave a gun in say Updaam noon, will it still be available when I go back into the tunnel - I'm assuming not if it's not infused, however infused stuff is?

If it's infused, it'll be in your loadout whenever you access it. Definitely for each new day even if you chuck it, and almost certain it's there between each day's time blocks if you drop it during a mission. 

Just now, Kayin Amoh said:

If it's infused, it'll be in your loadout whenever you access it. Definitely for each new day even if you chuck it, and almost certain it's there between each day's time blocks if you drop it during a mission. 

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, StephenM said:

I really love this but crashes on PS5 are starting to be irritating. It’s always when I try to exit the menus back to a level, I still have cursor control but it hangs forever. 

If it’s hanging leave it for 30 seconds.

i haven’t had a single problem since mine hung on Tuesday.

Seems very stable overall.

19 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

If it’s hanging leave it for 30 seconds.

i haven’t had a single problem since mine hung on Tuesday.

Seems very stable overall.

Oh it was probably a crap description of what happens — game doesn’t close the menu properly. Some UI remains, other bits don’t. But it thinks I’ve closed it, so I’m stuck. 

Hanging made it sound like a performance thing, which it isn’t. 

Seems to be a fairly common thing on Reddit etc - I’ll just avoid menus while I’m out exploring!

43 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Oh it was probably a crap description of what happens — game doesn’t close the menu properly. Some UI remains, other bits don’t. But it thinks I’ve closed it, so I’m stuck. 

Hanging made it sound like a performance thing, which it isn’t. 

Seems to be a fairly common thing on Reddit etc - I’ll just avoid menus while I’m out exploring!

There's a few types of 'crashes', and your one does require a restart. It's the one where you're left controlling the circular cursor thing you select stuff on the menu with, right?

Other problems include a 45 or so second freeze and one where the UI Menu elements remain on screen after you leave but the cursor's gone so you can play - albeit with your screen obscured by icons.

3 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Hide contents

Isn't it the afternoon? Noon and Afternoon are two different timezones. 

Also, you have to find their bunker from the image, then do another questy thing to get in. The image part is one of the few that doesn't automatically lead you all the way there.

Reveal hidden contents

It's along the shoreline on the right of where you enter.

2Bit can't be commanded in the same day as you get a quest for him. He's really only used for one thing regarding

Reveal hidden contents

Aleksis

as I recall, maybe something small after that.

it says it’s happening at noon, I definitely went there at noon. I’ve been through a couple of days loop now, what do I do with 2-bit?

9 minutes ago, Strafe said:

it says it’s happening at noon, I definitely went there at noon. I’ve been through a couple of days loop now, what do I do with 2-bit?

Give me a minute, I'll boot it up and edit this post soon with a clearer answer for you.

As for 2Bit: 

Spoiler

At some point you'll learn that Aleksis invited the Visionary who can clone herself to his party in the evening, but she told him to piss off. You need to get a voice recording of Aleksis, the path towards which the game'll guide you through until you can open up a package in Updaam containing an item with his voice on it. Take that to 2Bit, then tell 2Bit to send out an invite along the lines of 'give her what she wants' and she'll show up at the party in the evening.

2Bit's another character who can recall events from previous days, so you don't have to do this every time.

Edit: No, the meeting between those characters definitely doesn't happen at noon. It's in the afternoon.

Spoiler

If you don't see the two of them on the icon for Fristad Rock during the afternoon, there's a step missing along the way. Naturally, if you're going and killing Charlie at Noon in Updaam, he's not going to show up there later. Just in case you've been heading there every time and wiping him out.

2 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Ah ok, thanks. It gives me the lead to follow at noon but I must have missed a section!

My best guess would be that there's something in either of their areas that's been missed. I'd guess that Updaam at Noon's the one you're after if it's the one the story thread's pointing you towards - probably ransacking the place looking for a message or memo would be your best bet if it's leading you there now.

Spoiler

There's a little shed / portakabin thing out the back on the top floor (or nearly top floor) of his game that he runs out of that might be what you're looking for, or a little storage area with a computer in it in another room fairly close by. Do you have the photo they took together yet? That should lead you to the next location, though there's some work still to do before you can access it.

30 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

My best guess would be that there's something in either of their areas that's been missed. I'd guess that Updaam at Noon's the one you're after if it's the one the story thread's pointing you towards - probably ransacking the place looking for a message or memo would be your best bet if it's leading you there now.

Reveal hidden contents

There's a little shed / portakabin thing out the back on the top floor (or nearly top floor) of his game that he runs out of that might be what you're looking for, or a little storage area with a computer in it in another room fairly close by. Do you have the photo they took together yet? That should lead you to the next location, though there's some work still to do before you can access it.

I’d missed the photo! Thanks

6 minutes ago, Minion said:

Ok so it's night, if I go and do a level and finish does everything in my inventory go, i.e shall I break down everything I don't need before entering a level at night?

You get a chance before morning, with the option to infuse anything you have on you right before the reset.

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

I’d missed the photo! Thanks

No problem, glad to help out!

Question to people who have finished it. Does the game get harder, ever? I don't really know where I am progression-wise but I've got all the slabs (I think) and all the upgrades (I think). I've got a silenced LIMP-10 rendering every other weapon in the game completely meaningless because it can one-shot headshot people from the other side of the map. I'm picking up hundreds of trinkets which effects don't make sense to me. "Enemies take damage over time!" Why? They all die instantly no matter how sloppy I am. There are no puzzles to figure out (yet), no specific challenges which require anything particular of me (yet) and I haven't died in about ten hours. And I've got multiple lives!

The really depressing part is I'm not figuring anything out myself. Colt keeps rambling about how he's figured out a plan but I'm just clicking the next objective, emptying the map of people with zero issues and then pressing a button or reading something. Then he figures out another part of "the plan", usually without bothering to explain what that even means. And then I'm off to click on the next objective.

Occasionally Julianna appears and stands still somewhere until I kill her. Then I get a slab or upgrade, so I don't even have to repeatedly kill the visionaries to get those. As I said, I've really got no idea if I'm near the end of the game or not, but I haven't seen a single new enemy type or been asked to do anything I didn't do in the first hour of the game in about 12 hours. It's a real bummer. I'm completely mystified by all the high scores. Some of the reviews were gushing, but you can tell something isn't right when Eurogamer calls these baffling hodgepodge of menus "startlingly intuitive". 

Edit - This

This is great at first until you realise that a) you haven’t really worked out anything yourself and you’re already five hours in and b) the game is kind of easy, especially given how quickly you become overpowered and how dumb the artificial intelligence is. As the time ticked by (in real life, not the game) I began to realise that I wasn’t really doing anything but following the instructions the game was giving me, even if I was picking from a choice of a few different goals each time.

I get killed in the mansion every time, but I’m generally trying to wipe it and haven’t really followed the clues much. There are a few other visionaries who are occasionally a pain to kill, but aren’t if you deliberately counter them. If you end up with multiple visionaries in one place, I imagine it might get harder rapidly.

Yeah. I've stopped infusing anything except the slab upgrades purely to collect them. I'm taking one gun with me, I'm equipping no slabs or trinkets. It's still stupidly easy. Like, "a game made for little children" easy. Practically all of the guns are absolutely horrible, take up half the screen even with a wider FOV and have so much muzzle flash you can't see anything unless you hip fire. And then you've got the LIMP-10 which is completely silent and can kill the entire map in a couple of magazines. I'm pretty convinced they simply didn't playtest this on M&K. At all.

I've been having a lot of fun unravelling the mysteries in this, but it's been plagued with technical issues. I've had a ton of crashes and fail states as people have mentioned above and lost quite a bit of progress as a result. I've fallen through the world a number of times near cliff edges which has led to my death and more wasted time. There are annoying things which seem like bugs, like your reload animations on rifles getting reset when you look down sights which is incredibly frustrating. The voice mix is really poor where its very hard to make out voice lines except from Colt and Julianna which has forced me to turn all subtitles on.

The multiplayer invasions is a good concept, and when you are faced with a Julianna it usually works ok as you can approach it how you want and you get nice rewards if you down the other player. Playing as Julianna though is a complete clusterfuck half the time, with horrible lag - which is not only annoying but has got me literally killed by water a few times. The game design can break down too, where if the enemy Colt wants to be sneaky or just ignore you or wait you out, its boring as fuck and basically forces you to camp antennae or tunnels. One guy I spent 20 minutes hunting down, he wasn't even killing enemies and I figured he was hiding waiting for me to quit out of boredom. I finally found his hideyhole and he just disconnected. What a joke. Some Juliannas just charge you with the machete for a one shot kill, which is stupidly OP. When it does work and you have a player with no lag where you can duke it out/stalk it out, it can be very fun - unfortunately for me thats been about 20% of the time. I've started turning it off a lot as it gets tiresome, and won't be playing as Julianna until they sort out the lag problems.

Thankfully despite these setbacks the game has been pretty compelling and I love the imagination in some of the scenarios, and the depth in the world building. It also gets a lot more enjoyable as you unlock more powers, weapons and perks. Its the unravelling of the environments and detective work that I like the most and I have been playing it pretty solidly, getting nearish the end I think and I will have more thoughts then. For me its not a 10/10 but I would definitely give it an 8 or 9 so far.

Hmm, starting to think this is bullshit. I infused nexus and Shift yesterday, just swapped them out for Havoc and Aether as didn't have those and Julianna was holding them, now Shift and Nexus are no longer in my inventory, am I missing something? Also Moz is right about the difficulty I can just run around shooting everything so easily adn I'm on a controller, starting to regret a digital purchase of this.

Edit: Oh so reddit is saying they're gone till the next loop, that's just dumb and annoying, kind of like this game, yet I continue to play. 

I was wondering about the mid-day loadout, thought they'd have been available again before the daily reset but wasn't 100% sure.

I barely used them anyway. I had an SMG that heals me and a sniper rifle that shot rockets, so I was a superhero even without the Slabs.