Deathloop - Tales from the Loop

Mr Do 71

27 minutes ago, bm said:

There's nothing to stop them from sticking it straight into PC Game Pass, is there? 

Dunno. Is there also some epic store exclusivity?

50 minutes ago, bm said:

There's nothing to stop them from sticking it straight into PC Game Pass, is there? 

Death Stranding didn't come to PC until later. That might be because of the size of the team developing it (being able to fully focus only on one version), but after the PC version was accidentally announced Sony sure was quick to remove any and all mention of PC shenanigans. It sure looked like they wanted temporary exclusivity across all platforms including PC, so that might also be the case in the Deathloop deal. Who knows.

6 minutes ago, footle said:

Can I stream from my PC to my Xbox yet?! :-D

Or just use your smart TV and download the steamlink app and pair your Xbox controller to your TV. Tried this in my ageing Sony TV in the lounge and worked a treat. Although best using wired network connections although to be fair worked well enough on 2.4ghz WiFi.

13 hours ago, MattyP said:

Or just use your smart TV and download the steamlink app and pair your Xbox controller to your TV. Tried this in my ageing Sony TV in the lounge and worked a treat. Although best using wired network connections although to be fair worked well enough on 2.4ghz WiFi.

(I have a steamlink lying around, and my PC is currently plugged into my TV: it was quite tongue in cheek).

• 5 weeks later...

Alas, this has been delayed:

Here's hoping the "while ensuring the health and safety of everyone at Arkane" means "we're pushing back the launch date to avoid crunch"!

Aw man, that's fairly disappointing. I basically spent the first quarter of the year desperately scrabbling about for a PS5 so I could play this. 

:lol:

But yeah, hopefully as Wiper says this means a better working environment for the employees. And I can just about wait another couple of months if it means people actually get to see their families. 

It’s a story we will hear again and again thanks to COVID. 

it’s been hell, imagine all the coders working at home with young kids and the like. If it’s anything like my lockdown, I’ll be impressed if it even compiles. 

give them the time. 

So many games are being released buggy and broken at the moment, that it's difficult to be upset about this. It looks like a game that they have to precisely balance the difficulty and design if you're going to be maddening to play through scenarios again and again.

I nearly pre ordered it last night because I’ve decided to go on an Arkane binge to see if I can find the genius so while I had this down as a purchase for may I don’t mind waiting. Glad I didn’t pre order.

• 1 month later...

Another preview but I thought this did a really good job of explaining the idea, and fully confirmed those of us who don't get on with time pressure games are entirely catered for here.

• 1 month later...

I decided to simply wait until this comes to game pass for "free" with a more comfortable controller, but I can already feel my resolve crumbling even before the big preview is out :(

The Xbox game that Arkane is working on turning out to be some L4D co-op shenanigans didn't help either. That makes Deathloop the only way to get new classic Arkane goodness for the foreseeable.

I needs it 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I decided to simply wait until this comes to game pass for "free" with a more comfortable controller, but I can already feel my resolve crumbling even before the big preview is out :(

The Xbox game that Arkane is working on turning out to be some L4D co-op shenanigans didn't help either. That makes Deathloop the only way to get new classic Arkane goodness for the foreseeable.

I needs it 

If it’s any consolation, I’m sure being able to point to good sales figures for Deathloop when they’re in their next meeting with Microsoft will mean they’re allowed to keep doing what they’re best at. 

6 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

If it’s any consolation I’m sure being able to point to good sales figures for Deathloop when they’re in their next meeting with Microsoft will mean they’re allowed to keep doing what they’re best at. 

Oh they most likely won't need to do that. The co-op game was conceived under Bethesda's reign. If anything I assume that being part of Microsoft's game pass they'll have more freedom and more budget than before to make what they want to make.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Oh they most likely won't need to do that. The co-op game was conceived under Bethesda's reign. If anything I assume that being part of Microsoft's game pass they'll have more freedom and more budget than before to make what they want to make.

Yeah it‘s still a business though. Better sales will always help them fight their corner for years to come.

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Deathloop - Tales from the Loop