Deathloop - Tales from the Loop

Mr Do 71

14 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah it‘s still a business though. Better sales will always help them fight their corner for years to come.

Yes, but as part of game pass the critical acclaim part of the equation is suddenly a lot more important than it was before. MS is in it to build the library, and being able to do so with critically acclaimed games is more important than Dishonored selling as much as GTA or whatever. Whereas before with Bethesda there was always the fear that they would eventually be put to work on Elder Scrolls DLC before being dissolved, unless they produced a big money maker at some point. Instead of "just" games that receive huge critical acclaim and a cult following but do merely okay to good sales-wise. I'm extremely optimistic about Arkane's future prospects and output after Redfall now :)

But cor Deathloop eh? Looking good! 

Good news everyone! So I was saving up for the Switch Pro in case the rumours were true and I could enjoy Switch games with a decent framerate later this year - but it turns out the actual thing is not an upgrade at all! So that money is now just sitting there doing nothing... which made me think what if I used that Pro money to buy Deathloop on PS5 instead? Fuck waiting a year until it's "free"! Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/07/2021 at 17:54, Mr. Gerbik said:

Good news everyone! So I was saving up for the Switch Pro in case the rumours were true and I could enjoy Switch games with a decent framerate later this year - but it turns out the actual thing is not an upgrade at all! So that money is now just sitting there doing nothing... which made me think what if I used that Pro money to buy Deathloop on PS5 instead? Fuck waiting a year until it's "free"! Brilliant!

As if you would have waited even if you did buy the new Switch! I don’t think anyone else on this forum loves Arkane as much as you. 

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

As if you would have waited even if you did buy the new Switch! I don’t think anyone else on this forum loves Arkane as much as you. 

*cough* 😉

20 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Straight to GamePass so it goes in my Buy in a Sale list, them’s the rules. Although it looks quite cool it’s probably not the sort of game I’d pay around £50 for anyway.

It’s got timed PlayStation exclusivity, so it won’t be coming to Gamepass for a while.

Why will you only buy things in the sale if they’re on Gamepass though?

15 minutes ago, JPL said:

It’s got times PlayStation exclusivity, so it won’t be coming to Gamepass for a while.

Why will you only buy things in the sale if they’re on Gamepass though?

I tend to think if I’m so interested in those games I’d be better off buying an XBOX and GP. For now there’s not enough games on GP that interest me so instead I’ll just minimise spend on those.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2021 at 19:35, scoobysi said:

I tend to think if I’m so interested in those games I’d be better off buying an XBOX and GP. For now there’s not enough games on GP that interest me so instead I’ll just minimise spend on those.

If you have a decent PC you could get GPU and get it on there, would probably play better with mouse + KB as well.

15 minutes ago, Giddas said:

If you have a decent PC you could get GPU and get it on there, would probably play better with mouse + KB as well.

Yep that’s true, my PC is perhaps not good enough though but either way I have more than enough games to play on PS4/PS5 and Switch. I don’t really game much on PC these days, it tends to be purely for SIM Racing.

On 20/08/2021 at 13:55, Giddas said:

It’s noticeably not been announced for GPU on PC.

On 28/08/2021 at 13:35, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wait a year and it will come

I'd expect PC games that are pending going on Game Pass to plummet so will probably just buy it at a knock down price

This looks tailor made for me ("What if Dishonored/Prey, but Outer Wilds?" Christ!)

I really should give them some money because it's definitely going to bomb, it's an Arkane game with a 60s motif. I'm not sure where to buy it though.

I don't really care about the deluxe edition, but the deluxe edition is £48 on Steam from CDkeys, which is cheaper than the base version direct from Steam.

The base version can be had from CDkeys for £33, but only via the Bethesda launcher, which I'd forgotten existed.

The base PS5 version can be had for about £45, and can be sold on before it arrives on gamepass/bombs and tumbles in value, but Arkane games are typically not brilliant on controller. But the added trigger-stuff is usually good fun and I won't get to experience that any other way.

Decisions, decisions. I should probably just pay the £33 as it'll be on Gamepass the second the exclusivity window is up.

Damn I'm pure wounded at not being able to play an Arkane game at launch. Down with this accursed semi conductor shortage or whatever it is. I might just buy it anyway to support The Ladz. 

Just received an email from ShopTo that my pre-order for this has reached their warehouse.

I'm annoyed with myself as I meant to cancel this pre-order as part of my "buying no game in September" thing.

£50 I didn't want to spend

31 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Just received an email from ShopTo that my pre-order for this has reached their warehouse.

I'm annoyed with myself as I meant to cancel this pre-order as part of my "buying no game in September" thing.

£50 I didn't want to spend

Long distance selling regs are your friend.

Absolutely baffling the online rage this game generates, people were seething that there was a trailer at the PlayStation event for the only major PlayStation exclusive coming out over the next few months.

I thought the trailer looked really good and sold me on the game in a way previous ones didn’t - the time loop looks fascinating.

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Deathloop - Tales from the Loop