Jump to content

Microsoft Flight Simulator


tronied
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know, it looks incredible doesn’t it, I’ve got

so many little sight seeing trips planned - my daughter wants to fly over the area where the Titanic sank (she’s being doing it in school) and asked if this is possible - I don’t know, is it? Suppose it must be! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I know, it looks incredible doesn’t it, I’ve got

so many little sight seeing trips planned - my daughter wants to fly over the area where the Titanic sank (she’s being doing it in school) and asked if this is possible - I don’t know, is it? Suppose it must be! 

 

 

Just fly over a random bit of the North Atlantic. She'll never know! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Did it sink on planet Earth? Just Google the GPS coordinates.

Can you just put coordinates in and spawn a plane there? That’s awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you think it will be possible to use the hotas and Xbox pad at the same time? I remember in Elite Dangerous it was one or the other, and whilst the the flight controls are transformative, cockpit controls etc were a bit of a faff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stanley said:

Do you think it will be possible to use the hotas and Xbox pad at the same time? I remember in Elite Dangerous it was one or the other, and whilst the the flight controls are transformative, cockpit controls etc were a bit of a faff. 

 

I flicked thru some 6h stream of somebody playing on xbox yesterday and he spent ages showing exactly this - seems on the preview build it's a bit scruffy with the blokes general view you use a pad for the menus and the HOTAS in flight but even then some controls get a bit messy - he could have been a spanner but does appear both are optimal (or essential)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah thank you for that, otherwise I’d have to connect a mouse and keyboard, although I still haven’t ruled that out. 
 

I’m actually going to start by just using the Xbox pad I think, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had a very pleasant few hours joy riding this afternoon. First a flight over the pleasingly hilly Naples, around the summit of Vesuvius, and back over the city. Then up to Zurich which, to be fair, was less exciting. Edinburgh fly over next with a few dives under the Forth Rail bridge but not the road bridge as that seems to have an invisible barrier down to the sea surface. 

 

I ended up island hopping around the beautiful Outer Hebrides with the only aggravation being that the Callanish standing stones were ruined by a random AI tree cluster right in their centre but otherwise it was all beautiful white beaches and wild country. Finished the session up with a landing on the  beach air strip at Barra too:

 

image.thumb.png.0a2243376e0f7667915a2dca0001ba55.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

 

I flicked thru some 6h stream of somebody playing on xbox yesterday and he spent ages showing exactly this - seems on the preview build it's a bit scruffy with the blokes general view you use a pad for the menus and the HOTAS in flight but even then some controls get a bit messy - he could have been a spanner but does appear both are optimal (or essential)

 

I'm watching that stream now:

 

Watched about three hours of it. Looks absolutely phenomenal on the X. Just beyond any game that's ever been released before, the scale and scope of it is completely ridiculous. Love that you can stick it on autopilot and just enjoy the views and weather, so many options and settings to play around with.

 

Looks way more gamey than I thought. The presentation and tutorials make it look really accessible and easy to get into.

 

The live weather, traffic, city lights at night, it's truly mind bending what they've achieved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t think anyone’s really examined it enough to say but overall it looks pretty smooth in the footage I’ve seen with, maybe a drop here and there, but nothing too noticeable, and that’s on Series X and Series S. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Check Argos but it depends where you live, they don’t seem to deliver so it may have to be click and collect. 
 

Or

https://www.techinn.com/en/thrustmaster-t.flight-hotas-one-pc-xbox-one-joystick-throttle/137477002/p

 

That’s all I could find, nothing at Amazon, for example. 

 


Yes Argos, a few stores nearby have stock on Thursday or Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

How have they done the clouds in this? Hard to believe what I am seeing in these vids.

They talk about it a bit in this. It's pretty impressive. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

How have they done the clouds in this? Hard to believe what I am seeing in these vids.

 

There are times when the clouds and the lighting are so realistic it is almost unbelievable. 

 

London in that video you linked to looks odd though and not at all as well finished as I recall it last time I flew over the city. I'm sure it was improved a fair bit with the UK world update a while back although I do have the third party London pack installed so maybe that is why it looks so different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

 

Shitting crikey the graphics


soothing. I just drifted off to that and dreamt about being stuck in a sewer with rushing water…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Mike S said:

 

There are times when the clouds and the lighting are so realistic it is almost unbelievable. 

 

London in that video you linked to looks odd though and not at all as well finished as I recall it last time I flew over the city. I'm sure it was improved a fair bit with the UK world update a while back although I do have the third party London pack installed so maybe that is why it looks so different.

It looks pre U.K. world update. That’ll annoy everyone on console if they’ve got all those to download separately too (and they probably do have)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, footle said:

It looks pre U.K. world update. That’ll annoy everyone on console if they’ve got all those to download separately too (and they probably do have)

 

 

Yeah, it certainly looks like that.

 

I assumed the base game would just include all the released world updates and so on but maybe not so that will be a fair chunk of extra data for new players to download. 

 

On topic, I expect it is too much to hope that MS/Asobo might have streamlined the content manager a little for the console release as it is currently a bit of a PITA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went the down the rabbit hole of watching Squirrel’s YouTube channel, great videos, including one where he updated his studio recently - that guy has some serious gear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.