IGNORED

Microsoft Flight Simulator

tronied

7 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Assume the PC patch is 4pm as well? 🤨

Yeah all of it is 4pm.

I don’t know how anyone else feels about it, but it does seem like a bit of a soft launch. There’s little to no fanfare from MS despite it being demonstrably the most next gen game we’ve seen from them so far, and it’s certainly the biggest first party title to hit Game Pass in ages. You’d think they’d be shouting about it from the rooftops. 

Perhaps once all the peripherals are available in the Autumn they’ll go for a bigger push with it then, with bundles etc. 

There’s not even a physical version yet as far as I know. 

I'm currently editing a toy ad that has an incredibly tight turnaround. There is no way I'm not taking a break at 4pm to fly a digital plane over the exact flat that I am supposed to be editing a toy ad in that has an incredible tight turnaround. 

Just now, metallicfrodo said:

Loving those Squirrel videos, his voice is so relaxing, really blends in well with the lovely scenery. Looking foward to giving it a go at 4pm.

I wonder if he got his PPL because of his love of sims or the other way around. When you watch his actual flying video and flight sim one it’s incredible how close they are. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Yeah all of it is 4pm.

I don’t know how anyone else feels about it, but it does seem like a bit of a soft launch. There’s little to no fanfare from MS despite it being demonstrably the most next gen game we’ve seen from them so far, and it’s certainly the biggest first party title to hit Game Pass in ages. You’d think they’d be shouting about it from the rooftops. 

Perhaps once all the peripherals are available in the Autumn they’ll go for a bigger push with it then, with bundles etc. 

There’s not even a physical version yet as far as I know. 

It’s a flight sim that’s been out for a year on PC, it’s had exactly the appropriate amount of fanfare. This is not a mass market game and the vast majority of people who download it on Game Pass will not be playing it by next week. 

Forza Horizon 5 is the big ‘next gen starts properly’ title for the Xbox series.

11 minutes ago, Flanders said:

It’s a flight sim that’s been out for a year on PC, it’s had exactly the appropriate amount of fanfare. This is not a mass market game and the vast majority of people who download it on Game Pass will not be playing it by next week. 

Forza Horizon 5 is the big ‘next gen starts properly’ title for the Xbox series.

We’ll have to agree to disagree, and whilst it may not be considered a “mass market” title it’s available for everyone on Game Pass now, well apart from Xbox One players, and if nothing else it’s a demonstration of what the hardware can do. It’s also a first for consoles so it’s difficult to gauge interest I would say. 

To celebrate console folk joining us in the sky I treated myself to a new plane!

It is the perfect sight seeing plane for those of us not in a hurry and not wanting too much to worry about when airborne .

Max airspeed is ~60mph and it floats about at much lower speed for us proper scenery gawkers. There are two gauges - speed and exhaust temp, a couple of starter switches and a small panel that tells me the air temp but does have a couple of switches that make the display change to something else (of unknown purpose or use). £8 well spent!

Here it is in some stormy weather over the USAAF Aircraft Boneyard, east of Tucson:

1167405584_MicrosoftFlightSimulator27_07_202115_49_26.thumb.png.e0eb3c2f388d08c0364e8a93b743567b.png

Sorry, the forum wouldn't let me upload the rotated version of the image.

Just now, Uncle Nasty said:

27.8 GB update here, series X. Had 90GB installed already. Sake.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I can't play until after work but set it downloading already.

If your Xbox is set to sleep mode (quick boot, or whatever it's named), I believe it should download the patch while you're away for those that can't access the console?

Interested to hear about performance issues. I know it's stupid, but I'm really precious about my consoles and stuff, and I'm worried the game makes it overheat or explode lol.

1 minute ago, Lupin Central said:

If your Xbox is set to sleep mode (quick boot, or whatever it's named), I believe it should download the patch while you're away for those that can't access the console?

It probably should but it rarely does. I think it's very unlikely for this as I believe auto update only really looks at games you have played recently, so for a game that no one has yet played that doesn't seem to have happened.