Microsoft Flight Simulator

tronied

Downloading the update. Are there more updates once that update has updated? 

Looks like I'm not playing tonight anyway. 

It seems the Azure servers they're using are being slightly overloaded at present. Half the time I am just seeing "Please wait..." before downloading a tiny bit then going back to that message again 😔

image.thumb.png.ef199fac340d08dec5594701847c4f5b.png

Installed all updates, inc world updates, flew over my house, and then through London (pretty dystopian, no?!), uninstalled.

At least I can say that I loved every second whilst playing the game.

(Joking, of course).

I do think the servers are being hammered, though. There was lots of pop in, low textures etc. But, I was flying low and being nosey. From 4k feet and above it's stunning.

I eventually got in, it was very slow but I flew for a couple of mins over a generic looking London.

The content packs say UPDATED which I thought meant they'd downloaded, they hadn't, so I've now set them all off and will take a look back later.

2 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

Do I have to do anything special to make the controller circle thing appear?  Can’t seem to be able to navigate through the some menus at all. 🙄

The game appears to be a bit broken at the moment. Might be worth giving it a few hours.

Just to say, whenever updates have been launched on PC I’ve always left it a couple of days as downloading them on release is painfully slow. 

This experience is a fight sim update experience, not a ‘dodgy Xbox version’ experience. 

While we are all here, Any other PC users find the installation manager starts large files then craps out? The only way I ever have any success is using a VPN to add latency/throttle: this has been consistent across two different ISPs, two different broadband technologies and two different network adaptors.

and also not related to launch day after an update.

22 minutes ago, spanx said:

Yes I fear I may be playing something else this fine evening :(

A double pack of previously unavailable in English Ace Attorney games came out today. Perfect accompaniment to a downloading bar.

My son is in, flying around Tokyo and other places. The map thing is a great idea. 

Holy shit, this is pretty. The first time we have crappy weather here, I'll be hoping on this game to see how it renders any super cells in the area.

46 minutes ago, anders limpar said:

Very zen splash screen here, been about ten minutes. Love a good loading bar. 

9D218130-C4DF-477A-BFDB-CF859A74C191.jpeg

Leaving Dreamies out like that is a risky move! 😂

You must have a very reserved cat! ☺️

I've done the obligatory try and fly over my house but think I may wait a few days until there are some good Xbox tutorials out there. It's absolutely stunning even on my Series S but my God is there a lot going on!

12 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Completely overwhelmed with menu options, I just need to change the right stick camera controls to inverted! I’m not talking left stick plane controls.

Found out how to do this, the most over complicated system I have ever encountered.

https://www.polygon.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-guide/21404006/invert-look-camera-cockpit-drone-thumbstick-controller