IGNORED

12 Minutes

bradigor

Was fully announced at the Xbox Conference, but I was made aware of it in 2015 when Giant Bomb did a Quick Look with the developer. It looked wonderful then and it looks wonderful right now. 

Unsure of final platforms, but obviously Xbox for sure. 

Trailer:

2015 Quick Look:

3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

This looks very interesting, on their website it mentions PC & consoles. So hopefully coming to PS4/Switch.

http://twelveminutesgame.com/

Xbox and PC according to their own dev blog: http://twelveminutesgame.com/2019/06/official-trailer/

In this experience, you take the role of a husband, on what should be a romantic evening with your wife. The night turns into a nightmare when a police detective breaks into your home, accuses your wife of murder and beats you to death.

Only for you to find yourself immediately returned to the exact moment you opened the front door, stuck in a TWELVE-MINUTE time loop, doomed to relive the same terror again and again…

Unless you can find a way to use the knowledge of what’s coming to change the outcome and break the loop.

An interactive narrative that blends the dream-like suspense of THE SHINING with the claustrophobia of REAR WINDOW and the fragmented structure of MEMENTO.

I’m also very excited to finally be able to share that I partnered with Annapurna Interactive, to make sure we will make this experience the best it can possibly be. We are planning to release the game in early 2020, on Xbox and PC and if you want to keep up to date on the project,  please subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of the MAIN page.

As a final note, this project is the work of several talented people over many years. If you want to know more about them, please have a look at the TEAM page.

Of everything that was shown off last night in the Microsoft Conference, this was one of the things that stood out for me the most. The fact that it looked different to everything else really helped, and I'm looking forward to finding out more.

This looks brilliant. 

Possibly odd observation, but the vibe I got was one of the really old point and click adventures, where each environment had quite a limited scope. I think I'm thinking of Future Wars on the Amiga, although obviously the game content bare little resemblance.

"An interactive narrative that blends the dream-like suspense of THE SHINING with the claustrophobia of REAR WINDOW and the fragmented structure of MEMENTO."

I do get a bit claustrophobic when everyone clogs threads with Star Wars puns.

• 2 years later...

I'm willing this to be excellent but I'm cautious. Annapurna publishing is usually a good sign but Maquette was a bit shit and it's easy to see how the structure could end up getting repetitive. Fingers crossed they pull it off.

This looks great. I remember seeing it a while back briefly and forgot all about it till now. Reminds me of that film on the train where there’s a continuous loop going on and a bomb based on that initial video at the top. Talk about this being an Xbox Exclusive though would mean probably not playing it for a while if ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm intrigued by this but not worked out from a couple of trailers yet what makes it a game as opposed to a frustrated filmmakers attempt at making a game which I get to watch and occasionally interact with an object to progress the story as they require.

Related to discussion we were having in the Marvel What If thread I wonder how much value add they'll actually get out of paying big bucks for name actors instead of getting professional voice actors who would would most likely do at least as good a job (and likely actually much better based on past releases) for a hell of a lot less.

28 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I'm intrigued by this but not worked out from a couple of trailers yet what makes it a game as opposed to a frustrated filmmakers attempt at making a game which I get to watch and occasionally interact with an object to progress the story as they require.

It definitely looks more story driven than mechanics driven. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as long as the story is compelling. My main concern is how contained it is. From the trailers it looks like it's all set in one tiny flat, so I hope it doesn't get too familiar and boring.

1 hour ago, Gotters said:

Maybe it's a bit like a point 'n' click adventure.

9 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Related to discussion we were having in the Marvel What If thread I wonder how much value add they'll actually get out of paying big bucks for name actors instead of getting professional voice actors who would would most likely do at least as good a job (and likely actually much better based on past releases) for a hell of a lot less.

I think it's more of a marketing thing. I imagine people on a games forum would be more interested in the concept, but there may be people drawn to it because of Professor X, Rey and the Green Goblin.

In the case of What If, the Marvel brand alone is probably doing the heavy lifting there. People will watch it for that, then wonder where the big names are later.

Oh I don't doubt that's the reason they're doing it. I just question the actual effect it has on sales in reality. There was period where developers were stuffing their games with celebrities and that practice has largely stopped, presumably because they realised the expense wasn't worth it. Personally I doubt there's that many people who will go 'Holy shit, James MacAvoy in a computer game? Preordered!'.