IGNORED

Marvel’s Avengers: A-Day

HarryBizzle

I think it's quite telling that it's all obviously in-game footage that's been cut to look like a cinematic. The bit where he shoves the goons' heads into the floor and webs them the webs just appear, as they most likely would if you performed that move/finisher/whatever in game. It looks dialled in to fuck. Which is zero surprise. 

It's a pretty rubbish trailer, yeah, but for those that do occasionally dip in (like I do), I think the character will add something different to the others on the roster. Of course, I'm a PC player so I'll never see him anyway and it does make the whole decision to have him Sony exclusive even more dumb, because nobody is buying a PlayStation for it, and I doubt many would now be buying the game specifically for him either, especially when he'll be worse than in his own dedicated games.

I wonder if there's any additional content coming for non-PS players (and I don't mean some recycling of the current 'special' events they have)?

Honestly, whilst I realise this was locked-in a long time ago, the awful decisions made on this game continue to amuse.

12 minutes ago, Gabe said:

It's a pretty rubbish trailer, yeah, but for those that do occasionally dip in (like I do), I think the character will add something different to the others on the roster. Of course, I'm a PC player so I'll never see him anyway and it does make the whole decision to have him Sony exclusive even more dumb, because nobody is buying a PlayStation for it, and I doubt many would now be buying the game specifically for him either, especially when he'll be worse than in his own dedicated games.

I don't think it's a decision Crystal Dynamics, even Marvel can make. I'm pretty sure Sony now exclusively own Spider-man and everything to do with him. I may be wrong, I mean we did have Spidey games on the Xbox 360 back in the day. 

@Thor Oh yeah, I know it's a Sony property in this scenario to do what they want with, but SE still made the decision to pursue that license knowing what it would mean for the game - so it's still a stupid choice. With so many other characters to choose from that could be accessible to all platforms, it would've been cheaper and not annoyed a large portion of the potential fanbase before the game even launched to ditch going for Spider-Man. Doctor Strange could be interesting in terms of mechanics, for example, if the impetus was there.

The old X360 Spider-Man games were back in the days of Activision holding the license.

48 minutes ago, Gabe said:

The old X360 Spider-Man games were back in the days of Activision holding the license.

Somy don't own an exclusive license on use of Spider-Man, they have a license to make a Spider-Man game for their platform. Same as Sony making a Wolverine game and he's also appearing in Firaxis' multi platform strategy game.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Oooh! Never mind then. Fuck CD/SE and Marvel after all. :lol:

While Sony only owns the movie rights, they obviously have an agreement or at least good standing with Marvel. And any exclusivity deal will have been a matter between publisher Squeenix and platform holder Sony. CD is just the dev trying to do their best with the terrible hand Squeenix dealt them.

I finally got round to continuing with the campaign after abandonding it earlier this year. Turns out I wasn't far off the end as I have now finished it. The story was ... okay. The final levels were visually quite spectacular. But meh, not one I'm in a hurry to go through again for the story (unlike Guardians of the Galaxy which I have finished four times since it came out).

This game needed more Thor. :coffee:

Great news, guys! The Spiderman expansion won't contain any of those boring story missions that everyone hates. Instead, Crystal Dynamics have concentrated on the stuff that everyone enjoys like

*pulls out folded piece of paper from pocket, reads from it*

audio logs and illustrated cutscenes unlocked through completing challenges in multiplayer missions.

*turns over piece of paper, finds it to be blank*.

Those are all the things that people enjoy.

55 minutes ago, Thor said:

Yeah, I read that earlier. Utterly pathetic. Before I uninstall the game, are the Hawkeye and Wakanda missions any good?

The Wakanda content is good but quite brief (but does feel like continuation of the campaign and has new locations). 

Both the Hawkeye DLCs feel more like quests from the rubbish Initiative live service stuff but both the characters are quite fun to play.

If you enjoyed the main campaign it’s all worth a spin

9 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I’m right at the end and I’ve found the bullshit gating items that prevent you continuing the story. I’m going to finish it, but God damn is it difficult to like after the first third. Kamala is the only decent character. Everyone else is a tool. 

To be fair, I only had to to do two side missions to clear that.

Spoiler

Black Widow, and Cap. 

After that it was back to the campaign for the home run.

What makes the lack of Spiderman story worse is that literally two months back they said “it will have cutscenes and story for sure”, which all the news outlets reported as ‘story missions’. Of course, CD didn’t bother to correct them.

Surely they must have known at that point they wouldn’t have any story missions, so why set yourself up for another PR fail? Unless at this point they just don’t care any more…

Well I want to thank Spidey for saving me sixty quid, as I was totally going to get this at launch last year.

But since Spider-Man is my favourite comic hero and only having a  Series X when it launched , I was well pissed off with the exclusivity deal and so refused to buy on principle.

By the time I got hold of a PS5 it was obvious the game was a turd,  so I ended up eventually playing it when it came to Gamepass.  

It was shite after the first half hour or so.