Marvel’s Avengers: A-Day

HarryBizzle

When you get to endgame you can feel powerful - but it's pretty boring.

I had a Cap build and a Thor build that were pretty effective - but one was takedown spamming and one power spamming. Didn't necessarily feel strong/powerful as a player as result and wasn't exactly engaging gameplay.

46 minutes ago, Hexx said:

When you get to endgame you can feel powerful - but it's pretty boring.

I had a Cap build and a Thor build that were pretty effective - but one was takedown spamming and one power spamming. Didn't necessarily feel strong/powerful as a player as result and wasn't exactly engaging gameplay.

I think @shirubagan describing it as "aggressively tedious” really hits the nail on the head.  The game gets very samey during the actual story but at least there are new characters being thrown in, character specific side missions etc.  As soon as you get to the endgame its all just the same few things over and over again with very little variety or real feeling of progression.  Doesn't help that large bugs still get in the way of this a year after release and that as a GAAS game, they have totally forgotten to actually provide a Service

Tried the Hawkeye dlc. A little into the first mission and I'm surrounded by enemies with skulls above their heads, clearly the game wants me to grind to a higher level.

Get. Fucking. Fucked. The gameplay is nowhere near good enough to warrant that. I'm uninstalling. Glad I cleared the main campaign, but I'm done with this shit now.

I'm pretty sure the skulls just mean they are elite characters, not that you are underleveled (everything is about the power level in the endgame, and I think the campaign missions just match to your level anyway)? I don't expect that fact to change your mind, but I think you are wrong. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Tried the Hawkeye dlc. A little into the first mission and I'm surrounded by enemies with skulls above their heads, clearly the game wants me to grind to a higher level.

Get. Fucking. Fucked. The gameplay is nowhere near good enough to warrant that. I'm uninstalling. Glad I cleared the main campaign, but I'm done with this shit now.

27 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I'm pretty sure the skulls just mean they are elite characters, not that you are underleveled (everything is about the power level in the endgame, and I think the campaign missions just match to your level anyway)? I don't expect that fact to change your mind, but I think you are wrong. 

Yeah you don’t need to grind the Hawkeye stuff (as inevitably your new character is a positive ingenue).

Its middling to okay though, the Wakanda stuff is a lot better (but still weaker than the main campaign).

I recently finished the Campaign which I found to be OK. I pissed about doing some extra missions, and levelling Iron Man, but deleted after realising I was sinking time into the same old missions night after night. There is some fun to be had, and worth a blast because its on Gamepass, but otherwise a massive missed opportunity.

Also the only game to legitimately make my Series X sound like a jet engine. No other game before or since has done that! Seriously WTF Crystal Dynamics?

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Oooh, I see, well they mullered my Iron Man very quickly.