Circuit Superstars (w/Forum Time Attacks)

R0b

• R0b changed the title to Circuit Superstars (w/Forum Time Attacks)

I hit my time relatively quickly and thought “haha! I’m a prodigy, I’m going to top the table soon!” and then failed to get very close to it again for the next 15 minutes of trying. That chicane is a terror.

Some nice improvements this morning, and a new challenger!

image.png.de81f68ca8f9576eab639e1c9f922548.png

Is anyone else starting to wonder if something is up with the game's timing though?  (and this isn't just sour grapes at having been elbowed out of 3rd by Sharky!)

I just did a race against JimmyBroadbent's '29.834' ghost lap.  I was ahead for a chunk of it, stayed within the lines to not get any penalties, crossed the line a mm behind him (my car was in his ghost) and was therefore *certain* I'd have improved on my personal best - and it said my lap was a 33.251.  WTF?!  How can that be correct?

3 minutes ago, Valver said:

Some nice improvements this morning, and a new challenger!

image.png.de81f68ca8f9576eab639e1c9f922548.png

Is anyone else starting to wonder if something is up with the game's timing though?  (and this isn't just sour grapes at having been elbowed out of 3rd by Sharky!)

I just did a race against JimmyBroadbent's '29.834' ghost lap.  I was ahead for a chunk of it, stayed within the lines to not get any penalties, crossed the line a mm behind him (my car was in his ghost) and was therefore *certain* I'd have improved on my personal best - and it said my lap was a 33.251.  WTF?!  How can that be correct?

I suspect there's something buggy about the way penalties are applied. I'm pretty sure that if you get a penalty and then reset to start the lap again, the penalty is still applied at the end of the new lap. 

42 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I suspect there's something buggy about the way penalties are applied. I'm pretty sure that if you get a penalty and then reset to start the lap again, the penalty is still applied at the end of the new lap. 

Yup this. Exactly what I thought this morning when having a quick spin against my ghost. Beat it and the time was then wrong. I don't think it clears penalties properly when you reset to track.

29.802 now! Definitely lost at least one faster lap than that to the 'penalties from the lap before' applying to it. I guess it's fair enough when they're from the last corner since you can get a bit of an unfair start doing those. This time I was still quite bad on the chicane compared to what I have managed.

image.png.11501c948935dbb63d301440174b212f.png

edit:  @SharkyOBYou are right about the penalties. I just tested it.  If I collect a 3 second one  mid lap and then reset and start a new lap it immediately adds the time on to the new lap.  Annoying as that has wrecked a few faster laps for me I suspect.  But now I know I'll just quit and restart any time I get a penalty...

I haven't got back on since yesterday and my time seems very inadequate now - I sense a session where I'm cursing the damn thing just trying to get myself off bottom spot

I tried that Rally TT yesterday and the thing that really stood out (despite the U shaped wall bend) was how different the car felt again from class to class, 

2 minutes ago, M3gacorp said:

Someone tells me on youtube the WR is 29.211 for Top Gear Track.

You are pretty close to that, sounds like you need to play a bit more and take it ! Is that the real world or in game record ?

I expect the time is getting harder and harder to find in a lap now