Circuit Superstars (w/Forum Time Attacks)

R0b

34.014, which means nothing here but is now a good 3 seconds ahead of my son. I can't quite work out why going wide-right on the final straight adds time, surely it's adding distance?

Whoever started this needs to find Jesus.

1 minute ago, CheekyLee said:

34.014, which means nothing here but is now a good 3 seconds ahead of my son. I can't quite work out why going wide-right on the final straight adds time, surely it's adding distance?

Whoever started this needs to find Jesus.

Going wider gives you a higher entry speed for the 2nd last corner. If you were to compare two runs you might be ahead earlier on that straight by taking a tighter line, but you'd be behind at the corner apex.

You don't want to use the full width, there's no need. Just use whatever track width allows you to attack the 2nd last corner at full throttle.

15 hours ago, Meatball said:

Why did nobody tell me there was some leaderboard time trialling going on :blah:

Why did I look in here...got too many games already, I don't need any more new ones, but I don't know if I can resist some racing leaderboard action.

Save yourself some money @Meatballit's a shit game and you wouldn't enjoy it!!!

I'm slow but more consistent without a ghost when TTing - I find the ghost either makes me take liberties to try and catch it up if I'm behind, or stresses me out if I'm ahead that it's a good lap.

14 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I'm slow but more consistent without a ghost when TTing - I find the ghost either makes me take liberties to try and catch it up if I'm behind, or stresses me out if I'm ahead that it's a good lap.

I'm exactly the same, hate ghosts.

image.png.6a3708c95891e11781e764d621e78fe8.png

6 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Times like this need a screenshot.

Yeah, ill get a pic, or maybe wait till the weekend and try and go faster and get a pic of that, cant be bothered constantly posting pictures, dont mind getting the odd few though. Its a shame there isnt a global/friends leaderboard in game so we can just see each others times.

1 hour ago, spatular said:

Yeah, ill get a pic, or maybe wait till the weekend and try and go faster and get a pic of that, cant be bothered constantly posting pictures, dont mind getting the odd few though. Its a shame there isnt a global/friends leaderboard in game so we can just see each others times.

Oddly, there are both in the Weekly time trial, but not in this. Bit of a strange oversight, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Sureshot said:

Found a few hundredths due to realising that I didn't have to brake for the first corner... if you are still doing that, don't do that.

image.png.4793cb0c2f213a505f8ec532816e5540.png

Nice.

You also dont have to stay on track for the first section (Crooner Curve), I gained a car length on my best ghost earlier by just straight lining it over the grass and past the house/fence, before re-joining before that first proper corner at Willson.  No track limit penalty - legal!