IGNORED

Ghostwire: Tokyo - Tango Gameworks' latest - March 25th

Keyboard Koala

• 4 months later...

Supposedly this is coming out on the 24th of March and we should expect previews of it on the 4th of February. 

I'm sceptical of the release date news but if it's true then I guess we should see the game on State of Play this week. 

I’m definitely more interested in this now, it looks pretty cool. For some reason I’m not a huge fan of first person games where you shoot things out of your hands instead of a gun but this could be pretty cool. I think it’s open world but no mention of how big it is. I mean, have they recreated the whole of a Tokyo or a slimmed down version?

The visuals look good, despite some hefty looking pop in at points (hopefully to be fixed by release) and they’ve taken the deathloop method of sticking all the enemies in masks to save on character detailing. The neon drenched rainy city will be fun to explore and the wire looks like a lot of fun to use. 

7 minutes ago, jonamok said:

The design is fantastic, but the magic melee combat, while pretty, just looks slow, with loads of tedious hand animations.

I did think that at first but I think it’s just going to add an extra layer to your tactics by different abilities having different casting times/windups which could be cool if done properly.

Like your one shot weapons in Halo with a lengthy reload or charging time. Ish.

Those ghost wire string things look really cool when you pull them with your fingers. 

Will be keeping an eye on reviews for this. It‘s coming out at a terrible time though as there’s so much else being released. Probs be in a sale by the time I get round to it. 

This does look brilliant. 

As I've committed to only buying a game a month for the year, and Kirby is earmarked as my March game, I may play the system a little and ask for this as a birthday gift...

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sane said:

This looks great. Really makes me wish I had a PS5. 

It will come to game pass eventually if it's qny consolation. I don't know if I'll be able to wait though, I do have a PS5 and the game does look great. On the other hand, I bought Deathloop day one based on all the hype abd that turned out to be my least favourite Arkane game yet so...

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

It will come to game pass eventually if it's qny consolation. I don't know if I'll be able to wait though, I do have a PS5 and the game does look great. On the other hand, I bought Deathloop day one based on all the hype abd that turned out to be my least favourite Arkane game yet so...

Ah that's good news, I thought it was an exclusive. Yeah you never know until it's out and people have actually spent some time playing it, but something about it is just incredibly appealing. It's so colourful and atmospheric and I like that it seems to do something new gameplay wise. Of course it has to be seen if it actually is, but it sure looks fun.