rllmuk
gospvg

Football Thread 2019/2020

2 hours ago, glb said:

Actually... yeah... they’ve not cooked it, have they?!

It’s (somewhat-famously) a frozen one that’s started defrosting.

(Carbone had been with us for a year when that was taken too, it’s not a double-signing.)

He’s actively linking himself with the Wednesday manager job too, so clearly he didn’t mind it. 

Eriksen wasn't at his best last season and if he isn't going to sign a new contract they should get shot of him. I like Dybala but how the fuck did he get a contract worth £300k at Juve? They really are chucking money around with the best of them over the last few years. 

I love Eriksen, but Spurs need freshening up. It's basically been the same team now for the last 4 seasons and as good as we have been, the fact is we haven't won anything during this period.

So if Eriksen leaving means we can get a few fresh faces in, I am quite happy to see him go.  

11 hours ago, Rev said:

He’s actively linking himself with the Wednesday manager job too, so clearly he didn’t mind it. 

Almost frozen pizzas all round!

Probably still won't taste worse than the taste Bruce left behind.

Danny Welbeck has exchanged the Arsenal medical centre for the Watford one - fortunately for him they are right next door to each other at London Colney.

Mr Chelsea, David Luiz now apparently wants to go to Arsenal?? Be interesting to know what Frank has said to him to push him that far.

Chelsea have some policy where they won’t give players over 30 contracts of more than 1 year, from memory. Luiz’s contract is up at the end of the season, so he probably fancies a bit more security. 

EDIT: Oh, hang on, Chelsea broke that policy and gave him a new 2 year deal in May. Dunno, then. 

Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham for £25mil rising to 30. I hope the lad does well but it’ll be weird not seeing him in a Fulham shirt. 

Arsenal set to become the first top-flight team to record 3-2, 4-3, 6-4 and 7-5 wins and losses in the same season.

• Upvote 3

On 07/08/2019 at 06:18, spork said:

Man Utd also agreed a fee for him. The next step is Levy balking at the huge wage, agent and image right demands :eyebrows:

Sounds like he might not have balked :lol:

2 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

This thing with Dybala's image rights is mad. This third party who own them is holding up his career. 

I think it'd be less of an issue in other leagues, but there's not been anything from other European teams yet apart from a passing rumour of PSG taking interest. 

Danny Drinkwater to Burnley on loan seems like a good move as long as he can stay out of trouble. It always seemed odd when he moved to Chelsea and whenever an English midfielder does it always recalls Steve Sidwell who looked amazing for Reading for one season, moved to Chelsea on a free and he never had such an upward trajectory again.

So Zaha put in a transfer request, at a moment that was a massive "fuck you" to his club as they wouldn't have been able to replace him in time, and then he ended up going nowhere and will have to report for training tomorrow?  Awkward.

45 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

So Zaha put in a transfer request, at a moment that was a massive "fuck you" to his club as they wouldn't have been able to replace him in time, and then he ended up going nowhere and will have to report for training tomorrow?  Awkward.

Perhaps he can go and train with the Anderlecht U21s.

It is just me who was amazed Anderlecht were willing to let Lukaku do that? I'd imagine the insurance repercussions if he got injured could have been huge.