rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Dr Mario - Mobile - July 10th

Nintendo you fools.... Release a new Dr Mario on Switch. 

I cannot see this working well on mobile if it keeps the same gameplay mechanics. 

Unbelievable. They decide to release Dr Mario instead of Tetris Attack/Puzzle League on mobile?

I hope this means we’ll get Mobile Tetris Attack/Puzzle League later in the year.

5 hours ago, Qazimod said:

No Chill, no sale:

Fucking hell. Add that to a long list of game tunes ripped off by late 80s early 90s house/dance music creators. I have no idea of the name of the ersatz tune that ripped it off but listening to that for the first time ever (in its original form) gave me a flashback to some club or me mooching about with my aiwa in ear buds, one of the two. So wish I'd married the two back in the day. Video games and dance music at that time seem so interlinked in hindsight. The future. Tonnes of music creators must have been massive gameheads. Wish I'd bought that Megadrive when I'd made a few bob back in 91. Synergy. Ignore me, just wishing I'd embraced one of my two favourite things a little earlier than I did.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, NEG said:

The worst puzzle game lives on. :(

U wot m8???

Day one purch here. I hope they change as little as possible about the SNES version (it's also one of the handful of essential but absent games I added to my SNES Mini). Also, I hope they don't saddle it with in app purchases. Just charge me up front and be done with it.

The worst puzzle game. Lol. None of the gamergate trash you've ever posted has made me think less of you than that statement.*

image.png.b313b02a93e05513772e7d8ba9826328.png

*just kidding, but you are totally wrong.

• Upvote 3

I thought someone would have updated it within a day of the actual trailer being released. What a rubbish thread, stick with this one! 

2 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I thought someone would have updated it within a day of the actual trailer being released. What a rubbish thread, stick with this one! 

I've merged the threads :hat:

Onto the game it looks decent, I got bored of Mario Run pretty quickly but do like my puzzle games.

Having never played a Dr Mario game unlike the look fo the gameplay. But then there's time refilling energy and consumables to purchase. So fuck that unless it has a one off payment to remove the energy concept entirely.

3 hours ago, Capwn said:

Why is nobody talking about this? 

Because it’s a mobile game.

• Upvote 1

It's also not Dr. Mario; it's more like Puzzle Bobble now? With exorbitant monetization?

• Upvote 1

The heart icon for 'energy' is a bit 2009 mobile era isn't it? At least it kind of makes visual sense in the context of DrMario.

Is it just me or is this really twee?  Not like the usual Nintendo twee, which is charming and infectious but actually, annoyingly twee?

• Upvote 1

On 18/06/2019 at 10:04, Capwn said:

Why is nobody talking about this?

Because it has IAPs up to $69.99, a pox on mobile gaming mechanics. 

• Upvote 4

Yeah I haven't explored too much but all the usual gimmicks seem to be there, health and currency and extra currency that you can buy to purchase power ups. 

It will probably outstay it's welcome very quickly. 

The gameplay is shite, let alone the crap surrounding it. This is far removed from what a Dr Mario game should be. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Is it just me or is this really twee?  Not like the usual Nintendo twee, which is charming and infectious but actually, annoyingly twee?

Only played for a bit but it feels nothing like a Nintendo game at the moment. As you say, annoyingly twee.

• Upvote 1

On 31/01/2019 at 23:29, Qazimod said:

No Chill, no sale:

The first 20 stages have been nothing but Fever. And it's free-to-play.

Finished the first 20 stages. While it's good fun for what it is, the addition of all the items that you pay for that basically make the game a damn sight easier is incredibly cynical. I won't spend a penny on it, I'd rather figure out the levels for myself, even if it takes a lot of goes, but the structure of the game is a basic cash grab. I don't play mobile games much because of all this crap that just clutters what could be a perfectly good game. I know I'm not the target audience, but I really hate the aggressive monetisation which I believe the mobile MK is rife with as well.

• Upvote 2

It's great.

I'm really enjoying moving the half sized bits when they break off a capsule. The multiplayer is fun also, the matches being really quick and fun when you turn the tide away from certain doom.