rllmuk
Mike1812

EFL Championship 2019/2020

Proud of how we did there in the circumstances, seven of the first eleven out and zero starts between the bench this season. If we'd converted one or two of the absolute gobbers we'd have been in with a shout.

Yeah I'd say you were the better team for the majority of that game. Leeds ground it out, as they have a few times this season. 

• Upvote 1

Wednesday were woeful against a very composed and well organised Brentford side. Not sure what happened at half time, but it was like two different sides in the second half. Fletcher scores another brace and it is the first time in over two years that we have won after going behind.

7 I the bounce for Leeds. 11 points clear of 3rd. I look forward to the new and exciting way we find to fuck this up. 

Watch Pat Bamford clear off his own goal line and appear seconds later in Hull's box to take a shot on goal.  I had my doubts about him but he works his arse off. 

• Upvote 1

Two though away games for Cardiff this week in Brentford and Leeds.

3 wins on the spin for Harris, but we made extremely hard work of it on Saturday.  I don’t think we’ve really played well at home all season, but only lost the one.

Fulham are straight up shit. It's insane that we were 3rd at any point. Straight up shit. 

Thanks for your time. 

• Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mugman said:

Fulham are straight up shit. It's insane that we were 3rd at any point. Straight up shit. 

Thanks for your time. 

Brentford at home can absolutely outplay anyone on their day, but that said you are really underperforming this season.

On 14/12/2019 at 16:57, Mike1812 said:

How did we throw that away? <_<

Ive never seems such an odd Cardiff team - we play shit for most of the game, I haven’t seen is put in a decent home performance this season (but we’ve only lost once), but our ability to come back from the dead is uncanny.

On 08/12/2019 at 16:33, Butters said:

Any Barnsley fans on here? If so, what are we getting in Daniel Stendel as new Hearts manager?

I'm a Barnsley fan unfortunately. 

I know Stendel hasn't had the best start with you guys but if he has a bit of time, I think he could do a decent job.

He wasn't really given chance to turn a bad start to this season around so I'm not exactly sure if he is up for the job at Hearts right now but we did play some fantastic, free flowing and high intensity attacking football with a very young team last season. Hopefully he'll be given the chance to replicate that up in Edinburgh!

• Upvote 1

Pretty incredible turnaround for Barnsley lately, they looked all done a few weeks back although even then they seemed to pull out the odd weirdly good performance against strong teams so maybe the signs were there. I'd love to see you stay up.. Well, so long as it's not at our expense at least!

Yeah, we've certainly got some hope again. 

I just hope we aren't set for another fire sale in January. Woodrow has been saying the right things but it wouldn't surprise me if he was sold. 

23 hours ago, kyletherobot said:

I'm a Barnsley fan unfortunately. 

I know Stendel hasn't had the best start with you guys but if he has a bit of time, I think he could do a decent job.

He wasn't really given chance to turn a bad start to this season around so I'm not exactly sure if he is up for the job at Hearts right now but we did play some fantastic, free flowing and high intensity attacking football with a very young team last season. Hopefully he'll be given the chance to replicate that up in Edinburgh!

He's inherited a team that has stagnated for a few seasons now, with little fight, creativity, or goal threat.

Hoping he'll be able to make changes in the January break, including bringing his assistants in. Because if we stick with the players we have, we're in real trouble.

• Upvote 1

Well that was wonderfully unexpected. The Wednesday win two kill away at Leeds after 3 straight league defeats. Leeds slightly wasteful in the first half but felt we were the better team in the second. Back up to sixth.

Its the hope that kills you.

Not looking forward to derby day tomorrow - Jacks won in Swansea, neither team has ever done a league double so pressure is all on us at home and we are playing rubbish.

I’d happily take a terrible 0-0 draw right now, but I’m having visions of their new Liverpool loan wonder kid tearing us to shreds.

And I’m in the bloody family stand so I can’t relive the stress with foul mouthed shouting.

19 hours ago, Ork1927 said:

Not looking forward to derby day tomorrow - Jacks won in Swansea, neither team has ever done a league double so pressure is all on us at home and we are playing rubbish.

I’d happily take a terrible 0-0 draw right now, but I’m having visions of their new Liverpool loan wonder kid tearing us to shreds.

And I’m in the bloody family stand so I can’t relive the stress with foul mouthed shouting.

Turns out it was a pretty entertaining 0-0. Could have gone either way.

So it looks like we have kick started Scott Hogan's career again ^_^

Just in time for him to go back to villa next season and help them get promoted again.....

That said, the Juke and Hogan partnership is flourishing. If we could sort out the leaking of silly goals and kept hold of Hogan next season could be tasty.

Ah nevermind, maybe we'll swap Bellingham for Messi, Pique and Rakitic for next season :lol: