Rllmuk Fantasy Premier League 2019/20

today is the madness day, when you look at your team endlessly searching for that last minute perfect change, then realise swapping out 1 midfielder triggers a knock on need to swap out half the team to make it affordable - then when you've done that you look at the team and hate it even more.

my first look at the team today saw me swap out a striker and keeper, triggered by a Michael Cox article on the athletic, the keeper was a sacrifice swap to get the striker I just needed the extra £500k for.

I've just gone to join, but turns out I'm already in. I lost interest not long after Christmas last time, I'll try a bit harder this time.

I've gone with Salah and De Bruyne in midfield, so I've had to speculate up top - Jiminez is a fairly safe choice, and Kean at 7.0 looks a bargain. Joelinton at 6.0 probably isn't worth a punt, particularly after checking his scoring record on Wikipedia, but I've had to scrimp somewhere, and an opening day match against Luiz and Mustafi might be worth a couple of goals.

Top of the league (just the rllmuk one, obviously!)

I’m sure it won’t last, so will enjoy it while I can :)

Unusually, I benefitted from v last minute changes - getting Sterling, Dunk and Ryan in, for example, 5 mins before the deadline. 

25 minutes ago, skittles said:

Mahrez with 3 assists. Was quite surprised he took b silvas spot in the squad. Value at 8.5? 

I imagine he's one of those Man City players that will be rotated frequently. Sterling, De Bruyne, Ederson (Laporte too perhaps) are the ones most likely to retain their starting places, I reckon.

60 points for me, just below average. No goals from my strikers (Moise Kean didn't even start), but Alisson getting injured hurt the most. Not only have I had to replace him - McCarthy on the cheap, I'll use Heaton for now as Villa look to have a fairly good run of fixtures - but I reckon he'd have saved Pukki's goal, which would have got me clean sheet bonuses for him and Robinson.

On the plus side, Salah as captain netted me a decent return, and De Bruyne looked good again on Saturday. I'm tempted to use my wildcard and swap the whole team about, but surely it's best to wait until the international break at least.

9 hours ago, skittles said:

81 points last week and... wildcard played. LOL

Pretty drastic action! Who are you looking to bring in?

I got 82. My main concerns in my team are no Sterling and no Man Utd attackers, but I'm going to try to hold out until the international break before tinkering.

16 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Pretty drastic action! Who are you looking to bring in?

I got 82. My main concerns in my team are no Sterling and no Man Utd attackers, but I'm going to try to hold out until the international break before tinkering.

Drastic. 

Brought in martial and pogba for perez and kean. 

Dropped Alexander Arnold for van dyke. 

Got 4m Rico in for Bournemouth over the 4.5m Bournemouth guy. 

Dropped King for some 4.5m striker that doesn't play. 

Bang average in GW1, 65pts. Should probably have had a weaker bench in order to have Sterling instead of KDB. Dunk on the bench was vexing when Zouma got a -1.

The only player I’m really annoyed by is Kean. I’d have sworn he’d played in pre-season and was ready to start, but apparently not. Also a bit worried about Bournemouth, who sounded rather crap on the radio - I have Fraser and King. The Villa match should be telling. 

Still, as long as you get at least 50pts a week you’re doing OK, so no disaster. Just shuffling the deckchairs this week though, and saving my free transfer.