IGNORED

Glastonbury new for 2022 (includes 2019 chat)

Stanley

12 minutes ago, footle said:

McCartney’s full set was broadcast, just with an hour delay.

Oh, get Mr "I stay up late" over here!

Jarvis pure class, really enjoyed his set. Definitely will investigate his solo stuff after that.

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Oh, get Mr "I stay up late" over here!

Jarvis pure class, really enjoyed his set. Definitely will investigate his solo stuff after that.

i only lasted to “here today”, which has to be ranked amongst the most annoying McCartney songs to listen to live. 

1 hour ago, Girth Certificate said:

I feel bad slagging her off but Diana Ross has completely lost it. Damn

I’m glad her people insisted on her topping the bill, and even more glad how she was described.

CF7AA5BA-E650-474D-9F61-B71269875C2D.thumb.jpeg.9fc40a535cccf76fc50ad713bbcd58df.jpeg
I’d be delighted to be described as a Teatime Legend. 

3 minutes ago, footle said:

i only lasted to “here today”, which has to be ranked amongst the most annoying McCartney songs to listen to live. 

You got further than I would've. Grohl and Springsteen, no thank you.

Diana Ross giving one of the worst vocal performances I think I have ever heard on a professional stage. 

Honestly worth a watch just to see how bad it is. :(

11 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Diana Ross giving one of the worst vocal performances I think I have ever heard on a professional stage. 

Why do so many of these artists sound SO bad when watched live on TV?   I think its a little unfair to say its probably because they cant sing.  I cant help but wonder how much of the vocal quality is lost from the translation of a live event to being broadcast into our own living rooms.  I am no sound engineer, but I expect there has to be compromises made which affect the end result.

Sadly, have to agree. She can't hit any vaguely high note, and was basically just barking out the lyrics. Also seemed to be relying on teleprompter for lyrics. A shame.

Gonna watch a half hour of Courtney Barnett, then PSB, then bed.

2 minutes ago, marcus said:

Why do so many of these artists sound SO bad when watched live on TV?   I think its a little unfair to say its probably because they cant sing.  I cant help but wonder how much of the vocal quality is lost from the translation of a live event to being broadcast into our own living rooms.  I am no sound engineer, but I expect there has to be compromises made which affect the end result.

Sadly, it's usually down to heroin.

4 minutes ago, Graham S said:

This is fair, but there's been plenty of reviews of her own shows saying she's been pretty bad (as well as it being very short).

Highlights for me, Kendrick aside (we’ll see), is Khruangbin/Leon Bridges, Eilish, Idles and Confidence Man I think. Seems like a really strong and diverse line up this year. Not too much indie grok. 

McCartney’s set is now up.

sometimes the singers sound shot because their voices are. As anyone who’s ever heard Dylan live will attest.

liked lorde.

47 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Well I caught 5 minutes of Haim yesterday and they were miming so at least she ain't fucking miming. I enjoyed it regardless as she has so many bangers.

It’s literally just Neil Tennant standing on his own singing along to apparently just a backing track… bizarre. I know Chris Lowe always looked like he couldn’t be bothered, but thats really taking the piss!