IGNORED

Glastonbury new for 2022 (includes 2019 chat)

Stanley

I've dipped in and out of the CBs' oeuvre over the years, and often it's not really risen above 'solid', but this is a just ridiculously good live show.

Do they ever drop in anything from Exit Planet Dust these days, or is that too ancient history? (Still their best album!)

1 hour ago, timdp said:

Everyone should watch Kate Tempest. It needs your full attention though, no dual screening. 

She’s awesome. Not convinced on the new single but Let Them Eat Chaos is genius.

28 minutes ago, hmm said:

I've dipped in and out of the CBs' oeuvre over the years, and often it's not really risen above 'solid', but this is a just ridiculously good live show.

Do they ever drop in anything from Exit Planet Dust these days, or is that too ancient history? (Still their best album!)

They did play Chemical Beats. I will forever associate that track with Wipeout.

Was watching this with a group of pals last night and some fat woman appeared with an all in one bikini that was clearly about 6 sizes too small. Sounded like absolute shite as well. Can't believe this is what Glastonbury has stooped to now. Think today's may be more my taste with The Cure headlining and I think  Babymetal are on at some point too. 

3 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Was watching this with a group of pals last night and some fat woman appeared with an all in one bikini that was clearly about 6 sizes too small. Sounded like absolute shite as well. Can't believe this is what Glastonbury has stooped to now. Think today's may be more my taste with The Cure headlining and I think  Babymetal are on at some point too. 

Isn’t part of the appeal of Glastonbury the fairly wide variety of music on offer, meaning that you can usually find something you like?

And, re: Lizzo (I assume that’s who you are referring to) who gives a fuck what she looks like?

42 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Gotta be honest Janet Jackson was crap, very disappointing.

Agreed, she seemed to be just going through the motions, did not look particularly happy to be there, unlike many of the other acts for whom it seemed to be a real honour.

4 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Agreed, she seemed to be just going through the motions, did not look particularly happy to be there, unlike many of the other acts for whom it seemed to be a real honour.

I reckon she was miming, the mic was live for her to talk but something seemed very off about her whole performance, a real shame.

Best so far was Jungle, though they're probably more about vibe and sound, their songs aren't very memorable.

Janet Jackson was definitely miming, but apart from that what a curiously dated and out of step performance. I was really interested to see if she'd still be doing that whole crotch grabbing, overtly sexy stage act at 53 and I felt a bit uncomfortable for her. She was sweltering and clearly having a bad time of it when the video screen showed her up close.

Worst so far was BabyMetal, absolutely unlistenable garbage, but Kylie Minogue is about to start now so that is up for grabs.

Overall pretty bland lineup and performances so far,  nothing genuinely challenging, shocking or remotely controversial. Feels safe and corporate.

• Stanley changed the title to Glastonbury new for 2022 (includes 2019 chat)