rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Jumanji - The Next Level

There was absolutely no reason for the first one of these to be as good as it was. Bring it on.

• Upvote 2

Actually lol’d several times during the trailer. Count me in!

The first was great fun and Johnson and Hart look to be having even more fun than last time. Brilliant!

”Is that Barbara’s boy?” :lol:

I'm up for another, but I'm surprised at the love for the last one. It was ok, but pretty forgettable and not a patch on the original or Zathura. It felt more like a vehicle for Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart's bromance rather than a decent adventure film.

I thought it was great just like the original & Zathura.

“Huh?”

Had no expectations for the first film, turned out to be hugely enjoyable, so yeah, sure gimme more. The Rock could pretty much splash around in a puddle for 90 minutes and make it entertaining. And sexy.

It wasn't that long ago I saw the first one, and then I watched Baywatch last week, so I'm on board with more stupid The Rock comedy.

Final trailer. I'm posting it, but I think I'd actually recommend not watching it. I think it gives too much character stuff away.

Spoiler

Saw this today with the kids and we all really enjoyed it.

More of the same, but with added Danny Glover and Danny DeVito so as the first was really good then this is good stuff, plays off the first one nicely and is very funny.

Spoiler

The Rock and Hart doing DeVito and Glover just cracked me up throughout.

• Upvote 3

I thought this was absolutely cracking, much better than the first and much much better than the trailer suggested 

I really enjoyed this. Smiling throughout, and a bizarrely powerful vehicle for acting. 

Spoiler

Whoever played Ming was incredible. Perfectly captured everyone she played.

ALSO: 100% in for Jumanji: Endgame. 

Was really looking forward to this, but it didn't quite live up to expectations.

The film started off well, however I just think that the Rock/Kevin Hart playing Devito and Glover got old fast. Like, it was funny for 5 minutes and then got real annoying. Thankfully,

things got better when they changed back to their "original" characters later in the the film.

However, i did actually think 

Spoiler

Ming played Devito really well. Infact she was actually pretty good throughout.

Story wise, it was a little familiar. I really wished the puzzles had a bit more solving as everything was a bit fast paced and I was surprised how many swear words/genitalia talk there was for a PG film. Even some of the deaths were kinda brutal.

Spoiler

I thought it was a bit weird that the original game was 4 players, and now this sequel is 7 players?! And one can be a horse? The movie is as far removed from the original as it can be really.

Was pretty neat to see that Nora from the original (Robin Williams) movie was running the cafe.

Overall, if they make another (and i am sure they will) i hope they do what is shown in the mid-credits scene.

Plot hole:

How did the game update itself for the addition of the extra skills, and extra players? Was it in fact a

different Jumanji game cartridge from the previous film? If so, where did Spencer get it from? Etc, etc...

• Empathy 1

On 20/12/2019 at 17:15, Protocol Penguin said:

Plot hole:

Reveal hidden contents

How did the game update itself for the addition of the extra skills, and extra players? Was it in fact a

different Jumanji game cartridge from the previous film? If so, where did Spencer get it from? Etc, etc...

Uh...

Spoiler

the same way it changed from a board game to a video game?

Saw this yesterday. Fun, maybe not as much fun as the first (new) Jumanji. Awkwafina knocks it out of the park in the latter half of the movie. Most definitely MVP. 

Most its good stuff is Devito-related but that was enough for me, although I genuinely found the cafe discussions completely engaging. Not sure how they're going to pull off a third without more stunt casting.

Yeah I thought this was great. They've cracked the video game movie formula, just take the piss throughout!

You can tell that the main cast were having a great time too.

1 hour ago, Fireproofradiator said:

Most its good stuff is Devito-related but that was enough for me, although I genuinely found the cafe discussions completely engaging. Not sure how they're going to pull off a third without more stunt casting.

Given the ending, they could:

Have the 'real' game characters (eg. the actual Bravestone) come through into the real world for a while and interact with the teens. That would be fun, although they will obviously have to somehow be taken over by the teens again at some point. It's an interesting franchise because while I fully associate the teen characters with their avatars because of the great work by the two sets of casts, the actual movie stars (the Rock, Gillan etc) will have to take centre stage in the next film as they're the draw for the public coming out to see it. This is despite the most obvious story for the third one (if it's based on the second one's ending) being teen-centric. So that's a problem the writers will have to deal with if it's set in the real world, which wasn't an issue in the Robin Williams film as he 'was' the character who came through!

I really enjoyed this. It's more or less the same plot as the first but with added old people. But that didn't matter at all to me as it was great fun. 

I agree with you too @Eighthours

Spoiler

I think we'll get the avatars out in the real world, which will be great fun seeing them interact with the young adults. They can have some proper laughs with the avatars too because we don't know what their characters are actually like as they've always had someone else possessing thier body. I full expect Bravestone character to be a total dick lol. I think there's loads to play with, with this idea though i.e. the video game characters out the in the real world won't be able to use their powers and abilities, Bravestone's smulder and strength won't work etc.

• Upvote 1