Professor Layton is coming to Switch | Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy

bradigor

There are 6 main games before this one, plus a mobile one and a Phoenix Wright crossover.

They were all great on the DS/3DS, this one is the only one I didn't play, but nice that Switch owners will get to play it. Not sure how great it will be in TV mode though, I think it's a game that is massively more suited for a portable system.

12 hours ago, Vorgot said:

it's a game that is massively more suited for a portable system.

Agreed, especially given its a touchscreen game! 

But a mobile one?! *goes to app store*

9 minutes ago, robdood said:

Agreed, especially given its a touchscreen game! 

But a mobile one?! *goes to app store*

I think Curious Village was remade for mobile but there was another one as well, Layton Brothers? I tried it but it's different mechanically from the main games.

31 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I think Curious Village was remade for mobile but there was another one as well, Layton Brothers? I tried it but it's different mechanically from the main games.

There's a bunch on the Android store... this one (Millionaire's Consipracy) is £17.99.. Might be a better platform for it tbh!

13 minutes ago, Sprite Machine said:

Was the latter any good, it's still silly expensive?

As a fan of both series, I got a kick out of a lot of the fan service, but the story was ridiculous. It's worth your time if you just want to see the characters interacting with each other. 

I would note that for fans of this, there is an anime available (yes, really), that goes into the back story about why Prof Layton is missing etc.

All 50 episodes available on youtube with an English sub

Episode 1:

2 minutes ago, andys said:

I would note that for fans of this, there is an anime available (yes, really), that goes into the back story about why Prof Layton is missing etc.

All 50 episodes available on youtube with an English sub

@Professor Puzzles kidnapped, murdered and disposed of him. It's the only logical answer. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...