rllmuk
Nick R

River City Girls - pixel art scrolling beat 'em up by WayForward/Arc System Works

I know it’s a different game but the style and subject matter of the last few posts is similar.. does anyone if there’s going to be a physical (Switch) release of Blazing Chrome??

2 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Just to make sure: limited run games doesn't offer physical copies with EU box art?

There is no EU box art is there?

4 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Box art typically intended for European countries?

tired-businessman-desk-with-laptop-searc

You know, the ones with the pegi rating instead of the esrb ones?

But there is no box art because until they created it, there was no physical version.

I've ordered from PlayAsia.  I quite like the box art in the thumb nail - if it ends up as the same, I'll be happy.

riv.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice. Had no idea there was an ArcSys-published physical release in Asia. Will get the Switch version.

I'm confused about that Limited Run do. I thought they released games that otherwise wouldn't have a physical release? Or do they also cover games that were released in other territories?

20 hours ago, Camel said:

I'm confused about that Limited Run do. I thought they released games that otherwise wouldn't have a physical release? Or do they also cover games that were released in other territories?

They cover games that don’t get a physical release in America. Not everyone imports and it’s certainly a lot more expensive to do so now. They also obviously do different box art, which is a big deal for some collectors. 

Yep. Limited Run only ever secure the publishing rights in the US.

Wonderboy: Dragons Trap had a different publisher.in each region (Arc System Works/Limited Run/Nicalis)

Another thing they do is that they immediately hand the rights back to the developer after publishing - this means that there is nothing stopping the developer republishing the game with another label in the future.

Daft question. I've been playing this for a short time. I've bought a double Merv for godai but I missed what he said to do next. I'm stuck! (Which is probably ridiculous). 

Just now, iknowgungfu said:

Daft question. I've been playing this for a short time. I've bought a double Merv for godai but I missed what he said to do next. I'm stuck! (Which is probably ridiculous). 

Give it to him?

Ha ha. Of course I've gone back to give it him. I missed whatever he says afterwards due to a nosey two your old of mine  hitting buttons randomly. 

It doesn't highlight where to go as far as I can see. The mission objective shown is to give the burger to the dude which is now ticked. And no idea where to go next. 

I'm certain I'm being a simpleton. 

On 18/09/2019 at 16:50, gizmo1990 said:

I know it’s a different game but the style and subject matter of the last few posts is similar.. does anyone if there’s going to be a physical (Switch) release of Blazing Chrome??

Didnt see a reply to this but you probs already know that Limited Run have a preorder for (the wicked) Blazing Chrome. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve been off it for a bit but I think you have to talk to the guy in front of the mall next, it’s not too far from Merv Burger. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geldra said:

Didnt see a reply to this but you probs already know that Limited Run have a preorder for (the wicked) Blazing Chrome. 

Yep, I managed to track down that they were doing one. I’m saving my pennies to put a pre order in in time. Thanks for the extra heads up tho.:)

This has finally arrived.  Loving it so far - I enjoyed it right from the off when the principal ordered the other students in detention to beat up the two girls trying to leave.

I also like the music very much.  I got two soundtrack cds - will keep one and stick the other in trading.

A great companion to the Kunio Kun Collection.

Just done the first hour of this. Am I right in thinking there's basically no penalty for dying? You restart the current screen but with full health, so why bother buying refills or trying to reach the next level up without dying?

• Upvote 1