rllmuk
Pug

Nintendo Switch Lite

16 minutes ago, museman123 said:

So no seamless transition of saves between 2 consoles even with the same account ?

As I understand it...if the game supports cloud saves then, yes, your cloud saves are available on both consoles. If the game doesn’t support cloud saves then the save data is locked to one console. Most games support cloud saves.

Cancelled my yellow preorder and went with a grey. The yellow looks a bit too fisher price in the flesh to my eye and a lighter casing means the screen doesn’t pop out as much. Had this first world problem when I bought a white PSP. 

On 05/09/2019 at 14:16, The Mighty Ash said:

That's a really good price. My only concern is how well Shopto deal with faulty consoles.

They haven’t responded to (deep breath) a support ticket, two emails, a tweet, a one star trust pilot review and phone calls (no one answers) about a missing digital code so I would, to be perfectly frank, fuck them right off. 

So for all you people like me who are getting a Switch Lite even though you already own a Switch and intend on keeping both and switching between them... this YouTube video sums up the quirks quite well. 

Pardon the thumbnail, also it's 15 minutes long because of course it is. 

2 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

What are the headlines (can’t watch right now)? As someone planning to do this, is it a silly thing to do?

You have to set one Switch as Primary and the other as Secondary. 

The Secondary Switch needs to check-in online so I'll be keeping my OG Switch in the dock as secondary and the Switch Lite as Primary. 

You can seemingly switch your Switches to and from primary and secondary as much as you like if done via the Switch UI. If you "deactivate" with Nintendo web browser it can nuke everything.

Cloud Saves work well. Some games don't support cloud saves but you can wirelessly move saves between two machines so it doesn't really matter.   

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

what happens if you scrape away the plastic so it can be jammed into a dock?

Nintendo calls their lawyers

20FBzYTc-600x338.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

You have to set one Switch as Primary and the other as Secondary. 

The Secondary Switch needs to check-in online so I'll be keeping my OG Switch in the dock as secondary and the Switch Lite as Primary. 

You can seemingly switch your Switches to and from primary and secondary as much as you like if done via the Switch UI. If you "deactivate" with Nintendo web browser it can nuke everything.

Cloud Saves work well. Some games don't support cloud saves but you can wirelessly move saves between two machines so it doesn't really matter.   

Looking at that video, and perhaps I have missed something, cloud saves seems a bit fiddly.  Basically, having to manually download the latest save film when switching from one Switch to another?  Preferably it would always automatically sync up when possible. 

On 17/09/2019 at 19:24, Strafe said:

They haven’t responded to (deep breath) a support ticket, two emails, a tweet, a one star trust pilot review and phone calls (no one answers) about a missing digital code so I would, to be perfectly frank, fuck them right off. 

Is that for Overwatch on the Switch? I ordered a couple for my kids and haven't had them yet, I'm guessing because it's a preorder and the codes aren't available from Nintendo until nearer release.

18 hours ago, McCoy said:

Looking at that video, and perhaps I have missed something, cloud saves seems a bit fiddly.  Basically, having to manually download the latest save film when switching from one Switch to another?  Preferably it would always automatically sync up when possible. 

While preferable, this will at least avoid the possibility of sync errors sending you back in time on one device, and then the old save syncing back and overwriting the newer one. <_<

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Is that for Overwatch on the Switch? I ordered a couple for my kids and haven't had them yet, I'm guessing because it's a preorder and the codes aren't available from Nintendo until nearer release.

Yep

• Upvote 1

@Strafe Let me know if you hear back from them. The order confirmation email said the code would be available within 12 hours but seeing how hopeless they are I guessed that they haven't accounted for pre-ordered digital items within that. I did check CDKeys who say they release digital codes for pre-orders 24 hours before release, so it's probably the same for Shopto. Won't use them again though because their customer service is terrible.

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Strafe Let me know if you hear back from them. The order confirmation email said the code would be available within 12 hours but seeing how hopeless they are I guessed that they haven't accounted for pre-ordered digital items within that. I did check CDKeys who say they release digital codes for pre-orders 24 hours before release, so it's probably the same for Shopto. Won't use them again though because their customer service is terrible.

They eventually responded to the tickets a week or so later saying it wasn’t there because it wasn’t ready for release yet but communication up until then was non existent (and it still doesn’t show in my order history, either). They haven’t replied to me asking when it will be available.

And same!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Strafe said:

They eventually responded to the tickets a week or so later saying it wasn’t there because it wasn’t ready for release yet but communication up until then was non existent (and it still doesn’t show in my order history, either). They haven’t replied to me asking when it will be available.

And same!

Thanks! You should be able to see your order in the pre-orders section further down the navigation. Not sure why they need to segregate orders and pre-orders, mind.

On 19/09/2019 at 13:47, Kevvy Metal said:

I’ve set mine up as the second switch and it was all relatively painless.

How do you move saves wirelessly? That will come in handy for animal crossing and splatoon.

1 hour ago, cohen205 said:

Sooo... just ended up buying one of these with Zelda, even though I already own a normal switch.

That curry’s deal was just too sweet to pass by.

Which colour? I’m gonna guess Turquoise.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cohen205 said:

Sooo... just ended up buying one of these with Zelda, even though I already own a normal switch.

That curry’s deal was just too sweet to pass by.

Same here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gord said:

Same here. 

lol - the youngest's birthday present (turquoise one) arrived and it is very cute indeed.  Words almost fail to express how excited he is to get his hands on it in the morning...

I however have an excuse for having 3 Switches in the house now - what's yours? ;)

13 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

lol - the youngest's birthday present (turquoise one) arrived and it is very cute indeed.  Words almost fail to express how excited he is to get his hands on it in the morning...

I however have an excuse for having 3 Switches in the house now - what's yours? ;)

I'm weak.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

3??!!!

I thought I was Lord Switchington having 2 :lol:

• Upvote 1

To those who have one, what’s it like? What colour did you get and how does it compare in the flesh to the ads etc?

Is the weight difference apparent? How’s the screen? Does it feel smaller, or do you not notice? And does the screen look/feel ‘warmer’? Any thoughts on battery life?

So many questions!!

The screen is noticeably smaller when compared side by side but having played a little Yoshi on it tonight (shhhh don't tell the boy daddy played on his Switch lite before he did) you don't really notice once you start playing.  Screen is very sharp.

Its slightly more comfortable than the original but still going to give hand cramps after a while - I'd need a grip for longer sessions I think.

Screen is maybe a little warmer but nothing really significant - it looks lovely in motion.

Battery life seems similar -- an hour of Yoshi used maybe 25%?

The youngest chose Turquoise and I approve of this.

Its very very cute looking

• Upvote 2