IGNORED

Mizzurna Falls - PS1 fan translation now available

MW_Jimmy

The fan translation is available here:

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/4887/

I know very little about this game - but the description is intriguing enough for me wanting to give it a whirl. Very Deadly Premonition sounding:

Mizzurna Falls was one of the first 3D open world games. It was released a month before Silent Hill, and even featured vehicle driving, much before Driver did it similarly. It’s a bit clunky, but it’s quite unique, with its Twin Peaks inspired atmosphere. It features a more or less real time clock, with NPCs having their own daily routines, similarly to Shenmue. This game certainly deserves a place in gaming history.

4887screenshot2.png

4887screenshot3.png

4887screenshot4.png

I played through some of this in Japanese a while back. It’s a pretty terrible game. There’s an in game clock and the event timing is beyond unforgiving. It’s from that era when some ps1 devs thought making you play their game 5 times to eventually see the “correct” ending etc through trial and error and being in the right places at specific in-game times was somehow fun. Anyone who completes it without relying on a walkthrough has my respect.

Will be interesting to see what people say, this game has been hyped up to be something it’s not over the years (the ps1 Shenmue/a good game) by people on the internet.

Apparently this patch is an absolute mess - creating bugs and glitches all over the place.

However it looks like somebody is going to work on cleaning up the code. @partious comments don't fill me hope that this game will be remotely good but still interested in trying it out briefly regardless.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Wonderm said:

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6027/

There is a new translation of this & sounds like they fixed a few of the issues previous patch was causing. I always wanted to try & finish this so going to try & give it a go on the 350 now that it might make a bit more sense? 

Seemed really broken last time

I played it a bunch on my PSP and it some things werent translated, and the bar was glitchy if i remember, and sometimes the gamespeed would vary between 1-3x. Not sure if that was device emulation doing that or the hack.

i still loved it for what it was, right from the opening song and credits I knew it would be my cuppa t