NFL 2020!

Just now, jonathanhoey said:

I wouldn't say the worst. He's a perfectly fine singer. It was just an unremarkable show. 

Agreed. Was not offensive but very blah. The sound quality didn’t help. 

I was reading the other day that The Weekend put 6 or 7 million of his own money into adding some glitz to make it a half time show to remember.

Either the NFL planned a really dull one or he spent it on coke and hookers for all those dancers!

Has the superbowl been losing viewers? All the Nickelodeon stuff feels like they're desperately looking for a young audience, and although I'd be the first to admit I'm out of touch with pop culture, The Weeknd seems like it's aimed at a younger crowd than the usual act.

If that’s the case, maybe they can get Disney back for the halftime show. They were really memorable 

(for being utterly awful)

Chief’s really needed more than 3 there.

My gut-feeling was clearly indigestion. Buccs have dominated, likely will from post-to-post barring the kind of miracle even Hollywood would deem far-fetched.

Seven Super Bowl rings for Brady. Remarkable any which way you slice it.

Just incredible from Brady. He now has (or will have) more rings himself than any other franchise has. 

Mahomes has shown some real grit tonight tho. His toe is obviously bothering him and he’s been running for his life all game and still done some outstanding things it just hasn’t been his night. 

The Chiefs must have about twice the number of offensive holding calls as points!

Maholmes was the only one that turned up and he can’t win it alone. Can’t help but feel 31-9 is harsh but at the same time the Buccs barely put a foot wrong.

Can’t wait until Sept when it starts all over again!

Really enjoyed tonight’s game. I kept thinking Chiefs will kick start but it never happened. My mate had a fiver on 31-27 @ 100/1 to Bucs so a bit unhappy they didn’t make it interesting 

Shame it wasn't a closer game in the end. But as the first NFL game I'd watched in about 2/3 years it was fun. I skipped out on the 4th quarter and glad to see I didn't miss some amazing comeback.

Really enjoyed the BBC coverage running joke about the amount of advertising the US has funnelled down it's throat. As much as adverts are terrible in themselves the US is horrible where each stats screen or camera is sponsored by someone and the commentators have to remark as much. I fear this happening in the UK and the Sky F1 commentary has started to do it (pointless stats from AWS).

I came in with not a lot of context but felt bad for Mahomes in the end. Guy took a beating and was throwing from all kind of angles whilst being tackled, and occasionally in mid-air, and nothing really went for him. Obviously Buccs deserved it though. Shame it wasn't more of a game.

Mahomes was doing a really outstanding effort, despite being flattened seemingly every play. As you say, from mid-air mid tackle. And throwing it well enough that a lot of time you were blaming the receivers for dropping easy catches. But they really did get steamrollered by the Buccs.

But there is a little trend with the Chiefs where they haven't worried about conceding points and relying on Mahomes to spearhead a comeback. And if you "just" keep hammering him, perhaps that's the way to beat them.

KC losing their left tackle before the Bowl really affected their ability to protect Mahomes. Tampa were putting him under pressure from minute one, and he was running for his life, visibly limping with that toe injury. I can't believe that receiver let the ball hit him in the facemask after Mahones throws it while being tackled in mid-air.

Taking nothing away from Tampa though, they were fantastic.

1 hour ago, BabelRich said:

But Trevor Lawrence...

(I know it’ll take a bit more for the Jags to start competing)

From what I have read from people who watch a lot of college football, Lawrence while obviously a good prospect has been rather overrated by the media.

• 1 month later...

Man, this Deshaun Watson situation, seems to be panning out grimly. 22 separate allegations from massage therapists and different lawyers, and apparently they're getting abuse and deaththreats :hmm:

The amount of personal staff he has or had is insane, 13 barbers, 30+ masseurs, double digit throwing coaches, etc. Something is way wrong.

Just now, McFly said:

Man, this Deshaun Watson situation, seems to be panning out grimly. 22 separate allegations from massage therapists, and apparently their getting abuse and deaththreats :hmm:

The amount of personal staff he has or had is insane, 13 barbers, 30+ masseurs, double digit throwing coaches, etc. Something is way wrong.

If he’s found guilty there’s no way he should play again, but then the NFL let murderers keep playing and even induct them into the Hall of Fame.