Little Nightmares 2 - 11/2/21 for PC & last gen / 'Later' for PS5 & XSX - Demo available now!

Brilliant game.

Great art direction overall, it just looks lovely in places like some twisted mix of Alice Mcgee and Tim Burton. Plus it helped it reminded me of Silent Hill too in places, but yup the story was solid too for a follow up. 

Finished this the other day. It's great!

I was a fan of the first game and I'd say this is even better. The amazing visuals, the creepy creature design, some genuinely unsettling/scary sections, another intriguing piece of storytelling through visuals alone. Having a companion adds a nice little twist. The devs' imagination is on full display again and its really immersive. There are even more memorable horrors to face this around and the game is a few hours longer than the first - never overstaying its welcome and constantly adding new ideas. The puzzles are still quite simple but there are a few which require a bit of thought. The story is quite ambiguous yet again, I'll need to stew over the ending especially. Hopefully a second playthrough to find all the secrets and the secret ending will shed a little more light (although knowing the devs, probably not!).

My fears about the gameplay turned out to be unfounded, in fact the most frustrating sections are near the start of the game. After that, yes you will die a fair amount, but the checkpoints are extremely generous and loading times very fast. In the original game dying was a pain in the arse because loading times were long. This time around dying isn't much of a hinderance. The perspective isn't a big issue most of the time either, there's the odd bit of platforming jankery and lining up attacks can be tricky but overall its fairly plain sailing. Even the addition of a companion is no hinderance as you don't need to worry about their safety, and in fact they are used to lead the way and provide hints without breaking the immersion. There are a bunch of new ideas which evolve the gameplay beyond hide and seek or run away as well.

My only takeaways for a sequel would be to shake up the chase sequences a bit as they feel a bit overused now and not as scary as in the first game. Lock character movement to one plane for linear platforming sequences. Make the story a little less opaque. Make going back to find secrets faster without having to play through whole sections of the game again. That's about it, overall I think its a worthy sequel.

Basically if you liked Little Nightmares 1, I would thoroughly recommend this, and if you are new to Little Nightmares I would suggest starting with the first game and then coming over to this. A fun and memorable experience, priced fairly - I can't wait to see what Tarsier studios puts out next.

Would appreciate a little help.

Im near the end and wondering if I've hit a bug or if I'm just not solving a puzzle.

Spoiler

I've won the stand off with the tall man and entered the main tower. Purple lights coming out of doors. I'm in the 3rd or 4th room with a hallway. An open door with purple light either side and they are a portal into each other so its like a loop. Music is playing.

I'm a bit stomped. I want to solve it myself but just checking that I havent hit a bug please.

21 minutes ago, three1ne said:

Would appreciate a little help.

Im near the end and wondering if I've hit a bug or if I'm just not solving a puzzle.

Hide contents

I've won the stand off with the tall man and entered the main tower. Purple lights coming out of doors. I'm in the 3rd or 4th room with a hallway. An open door with purple light either side and they are a portal into each other so its like a loop. Music is playing.

I'm a bit stomped. I want to solve it myself but just checking that I havent hit a bug please.

Its not a bug, its a puzzle:

Spoiler

Follow the door where the music gets loudest each time.