rllmuk
Nimmel

Obi-Wan Series - Ewan McGregor stars

People had plenty of blame and things to say about Rick Berman and Brannon Braga for Voyager/Enterprise/the TNG films.

Maybe one day scientists will be able to figure out why when people are displeased with a product they tend to look at the work of the head of the division responsible who is paid large sums to produce said product.

• Upvote 4

So, Obi Wan then...

What do people want to see from this? I think Prequel fans will just be happy seeing Ewan Mac back in the role, quipping his way through each episode. As he's the best and most enduring part of the Prequels, i'm happy enough to get a slice of that as well.

As, let's face it, this is going to be Retcon: The TV Show I hope they tread a little lightly and intelligently. As they'll have to undo the 'hermit' thing immediately, fingers crossed they go easy on how many times he goes for a drink in Mos Eisley, visits the Lars homestead for blue milk, chops scoundrels down with a laser sword, watches strippers at Mos Espa, etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Treble said:

As they'll have to undo the 'hermit' thing immediately

He probably has a Jedi Starfighter with one of those lightspeed ring things secreted near his hovel. Endlessly watching Luke masterbate his way through his adolescence must get boring after a while. Obi-wan probably goes off to shag green plant ladies on Feluja, do a bit of gambling on Canto Bight and continue in his role as Ambassador for the Anti-Death sticks campaign.

And that will just be Episode 1.

• Upvote 2

Yep. Standing silhouetted against his Jedi Starfighter with his big lightsaber hanging out.

On that note will McGregor get his lad out? He used to do that all the time. We're getting the first F bomb in Star Trek soon, why not the first bare winky in Star Wars?

10 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Yep. Standing silhouetted against his Jedi Starfighter with his big lightsaber hanging out.

On that note will McGregor get his lad out? He used to do that all the time. We're getting the first F bomb in Star Trek soon, why not the first bare winky in Star Wars?

There's already been an f-bomb in Star Trek (by Tilly in Discovery).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Discovery already dropped the F-bomb.

Look, I can put up with discussing the shortcomings or otherwise of various studio executives till the banthas come home, but please, lay off the Star Trek chat.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Treble said:

So, Obi Wan then...

What do people want to see from this? I think Prequel fans will just be happy seeing Ewan Mac back in the role, quipping his way through each episode. As he's the best and most enduring part of the Prequels, i'm happy enough to get a slice of that as well.

As, let's face it, this is going to be Retcon: The TV Show I hope they tread a little lightly and intelligently. As they'll have to undo the 'hermit' thing immediately, fingers crossed they go easy on how many times he goes for a drink in Mos Eisley, visits the Lars homestead for blue milk, chops scoundrels down with a laser sword, watches strippers at Mos Espa, etc. etc.

I’d always kind of expected it to be a rehash of the old David Carradine series Kung Fu, with the lone drifter fixing problems for people with flashbacks to Yoda or Qui Gonn fulfilling the ‘grasshopper’ bits. But Mando has kind of fulfilled half that brief, from a certain point of view. Plus, we already know where he is, and that he’s supposed to be hiding, so the drifting would be minimal, as I expect would visitors looking for help.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Treble said:

So, Obi Wan then...

I think the Mandalorian has actually done probably the plot that would suit this, him protecting some force sensitive child, dealing with local crime lords, etc.

Like they even went to Tatooine on that show several times and did all this stuff with Sandcrawlers and Jawas and ex-Imperials hiding out, it's stepping on their toes.

2 hours ago, Darren said:

Look, I can put up with discussing the shortcomings or otherwise of various studio executives till the banthas come home, but please, lay off the Star Trek chat.

Fine. Swinging back to Star Wars no I don't think EM will get his todger out. And even if he does, who cares we've all seen it plenty of times anyhow

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

I’d always kind of expected it to be a rehash of the old David Carradine series Kung Fu, with the lone drifter fixing problems for people with flashbacks to Yoda or Qui Gonn fulfilling the ‘grasshopper’ bits.

But Yoda won't be dead yet.

Edit: or do you mean proper actual flashbacks rather than Force Ghosts?

44 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Fine. Swinging back to Star Wars no I don't think EM will get his lodger out.

Jar Jar as a lodger that he can't get rid of would be hilarious. He would probably need to go to the Hutts to get it sorted out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jammy said:

I’d always kind of expected it to be a rehash of the old David Carradine series Kung Fu, with the lone drifter fixing problems for people with flashbacks to Yoda or Qui Gonn fulfilling the ‘grasshopper’ bits. But Mando has kind of fulfilled half that brief, from a certain point of view. Plus, we already know where he is, and that he’s supposed to be hiding, so the drifting would be minimal, as I expect would visitors looking for help.

Perhaps it will be a real left-field option. He's in hiding on a desert world, he can't go far, or reveal his true identity. All he's got is time, the mystical and ancient power of the Force, and lots and lots of sand.

So he amuses himself by visiting the homes of local moisture famers and other subsistence homesteaders, and covertly applying his special skills to solving their agricultural problems while they're away on a weekend city break at Mos Eisley. And while he's at it, rope in a friendly Jawa and a tame Tusken Raider to do a bit of landscaping, er, sandscaping, put in a nice path, perhaps a split-level effect, some nice trellis archways and a bit of decking. But no water features, obviously.

Obviously it would be called

Spoiler

Ground Force

• Upvote 6

We know from ANH that Obi-wan was quite comfortable dealing with the seedier elements on Tatooine. Even in AOTC he seemes quite well connected on Coruscant. Using Dexster Jetster for inside information on the whereabouts of Kamino. I'm sure he wouldn't have been his only contact outside of the Jedi Order. He's industrious and after being a real stiff rule follower in TPM he learned from Qui-gon that the rules are there to be bent or even broken.

• Upvote 1

He was definitely a regular in the Cantina. Probably had his own tankard behind the bar and everything. He knew it was where the sailors pilots hang out, and that it could get a little rough. It's why nobody batted an eyelid when he walked in: "Oh, it's just Crazy Ben with another 'young friend'."

• Upvote 2

He likes going to bars to cut peoples arms off. We saw him do it twice. Everyone probably pulls their arms up their sleeves when they see him come in. The armless population on Tatooine probably reaches into the thousands.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

I think the Mandalorian has actually done probably the plot that would suit this, him protecting some force sensitive child, dealing with local crime lords, etc.

Apparently that was the reason this was delayed - because they suddenly realised they'd already done the same story with The Mandalorian.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

But Yoda won't be dead yet.

Edit: or do you mean proper actual flashbacks rather than Force Ghosts?

Yes, actual flashbacks :)

Although you could do force ghost for Qui Gon.

They’re really painted themselves into a corner with The Mandalorian. They even had the A-Team angle covered to a degree, which could also possibly have worked.

3 hours ago, Pob said:

Apparently that was the reason this was delayed - because they suddenly realised they'd already done the same story with The Mandalorian.

If only there was a single person in charge of the direction of the franchise! Preferably from a demographic known for multi-tasking.......

They haven’t explicitly said this is set between Ep. 3 & 4? 

I want to find out what shit Obi-Wan and Dexter Jettster got up to, to make Obi-Wan that elated to see him in AOTC

• Upvote 3

Obi-Wan uses Dexter Jettster as aversion therapy to help with his addiction.

”You can do this Ben. Come on. You’ve got this. Focus. Just breathe. No sabres. No cutting. But four arms! Four fucking arms! He can afford to lose just one! No Ben, bad Jedi, focusss!”

• Upvote 3

McGregor has said it's set between 3&4.

On 28 January 2020 at 20:45, Kevvy Metal said:

They haven’t explicitly said this is set between Ep. 3 & 4?