Obi-Wan Series - Friday 27th May

Nimmel

7 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

There’s already a group of people claiming it “ruined obi wan”.  Why? Because they’ve convinced themselves that woke Disney has actually set up the black female inquisitor as the main character and that she’ll overshadow obi wan and be redeemed and somehow made to be the real hero of the story.  They have no proof, they’ve just convinced themselves that this is what Disney does to promote their woke anti men agenda, and their evidence is that in moon knight, a woman was allowed to fight and help the main character, which somehow made her the saviour of the show and made moon knight useless.  You can see them appearing more in their social media in the comments where they talk as if they’ve seen it already slating it.  

Which people, where? I could do with a laugh.

I’d love this to differ from every other Star Wars TV series in that there are more than one in three episodes worth watching while the rest are absolute filler where the characters go off on side missions barely related to the main plot. I’m unconvinced yet remain open minded. 

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

There’s already a group of people claiming it “ruined obi wan”.  Why? Because they’ve convinced themselves that woke Disney has actually set up the black female inquisitor as the main character and that she’ll overshadow obi wan and be redeemed and somehow made to be the real hero of the story.  They have no proof, they’ve just convinced themselves that this is what Disney does to promote their woke anti men agenda, and their evidence is that in moon knight, a woman was allowed to fight and help the main character, which somehow made her the saviour of the show and made moon knight useless.  You can see them appearing more in their social media in the comments where they talk as if they’ve seen it already slating it.  

Lol, if Elon Musk or Jordan Peterson turned up wielding a lightsabre and took over from Obi Wan they'd spunk themselves to death in delight.

16 hours ago, yakumo said:

OK enough of this bullshit, time to crack on the prequels, and Clone War movie again before Obi is released.

I wouldn’t bother with the Clone Wars movie, it’s mediocre at best and has no bearing on anything outside its own show. Watch the final four-parter from the final season instead, it’s MUCH better and ties directly into Revenge of the Sith. 

1 minute ago, Garwoofoo said:

I wouldn’t bother with the Clone Wars movie, it’s mediocre at best and has no bearing on anything outside its own show. Watch the final four-parter from the final season instead, it’s MUCH better and ties directly into Revenge of the Sith. 

I seen that arc to death, plus I love Gendy's works and its been a while. 

On 20/05/2022 at 21:38, SuperFamiTom said:

I’d love this to differ from every other Star Wars TV series in that there are more than one in three episodes worth watching while the rest are absolute filler where the characters go off on side missions barely related to the main plot. I’m unconvinced yet remain open minded. 

Side missions are the fun Episodes

I’m not sure I’m on board with this rehabilitation of the awful prequel trilogy. It’s like when Trump became President, and people started reflecting wistfully on the Bush years, and saying he wasn’t all that bad. Sure, there he is sitting alongside Barak Obama having a good old chuckle - look what good company he is. 

Don’t get me wrong, enough time has probably now lapsed for us to feel nostalgic for those simpler times. The Naboo Starfighter is a legit cool design, and I felt a flutter of excitement when it made an appearance in The Mandalorian. But those remain bad movies - very bad, in the case of Phantom Menace - and I don’t think time has weathered their features into a more pleasing form. They’re not revolutionary pieces, unable to be understood in their time, nor are they camp enough to warrant a cult status. They’re boring, plodding, bewildering creations that completely misunderstood what it was about Star Wars that made those movies fun. 

It's not that the prequel trilogy are now suddenly seen as "good, quality cinema" - they're as flawed as they ever were. Let me put it like this:

Imagine you really want a beer. There's just two beers left. You grab one and it's warm - disgusting! You think, fuck that - that's the worst thing ever. And grab the other bottle. You take a big gulp and turns out that's the bottle people have been using as an ashtray all evening. Now you're thinking that you'd rather have the warm beer, that one wasn't so bad after all.

Spoiler

The beer is Star Wars

I say it again, I hated the prequels but watching Clone Wars did recontextualized the movies for me. They're still not amazing , but I do enjoy them more and like one poster said Ewan Mcregor is great as Obi.