Obi-Wan Series - Friday 27th May

Nimmel

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I've been watching Revenge of the Sith today.

Near the end Yoda tells Obi Wan he'll teach him how to commune with the dead.

We're getting a Liam Neeson cameo. I'm calling it now.

there was supposed to be one in RotS, but injury...

1 hour ago, IcEBuRN said:

They better fucking have that line in the series at some point or I'll cut a bitch.

He’s going to say it several times per episode.

7 minutes ago, Darren said:

He’s going to say it several times per episode.

2 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Along with, "I've got a bad feeling about this".

ready for the drinking game?

image.thumb.jpeg.47916a84295c4c08fa4d85074c96f5ef.jpeg

16 hours ago, Gambit said:

We kind of had that in The Clone Wars.

On 22/05/2022 at 18:31, Gambit said:

I'm sure the scene was originally written as Qui-gon speaking to Yoda. I think there's a deleted scene on the ROTS extras that recreates it. For whatever reason Liam Neeson couldn't do it so it was cut.

I remember when Attack Of The Clones came out, Lucas was openly stating that we would find out how force ghosts came to be during episode three.

And that was one of the first things I questioned when I finally saw it. To be fair to Lucas, he properly wrote an awful, clunky piece of throwaway dialogue to explain the entire occurrence that would have just pissed everyone off even more.

Before the prequels it was just assumed force ghosts were just a Jedi thing. And I wish that is what Lucas had gone with. 

Just now, Gambit said:

Then Rise of Skywalker happened and Han was a force ghost.....because why not eh? 

God I hate that fucking film.

Oh no he wasn’t!

Yeah, he was just in Ben’s imagination, a fantasy of how that conversation would have gone if he’d been Ben rather than Kylo back then.

15 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

It was origianllay meant to be Leia not Han but then we found out Carrie Fisher wasn't a Jedi after all so couldn't pull off the actual ghost thing.

It worked better with Han, showing how Ben had changed and how he now wished that conversation had gone.

It’s heavily rumoured that there was a version of that scene with Han, Leia and Luke all together (for the only time in the sequels). It would have probably still sucked as much as the rest of the film, but would have been nice to see them together again.

I suspect that rumour is wrong given that Carrie died before they even started filming it. Unless they were going to shoehorn in a few more of her unused shots from the previous films.

"It's not too late, Ben. I failed you but you don't have to fail yourself. Come back to the light."

"Luke's right, son. This is your chance to put everything right."

"Has anyone seen Gary?"

Thumbs up so far - agree that EM is excellent.  My main concern is that

Spoiler

They really didn't have to make mini Leia so annoying and bratty, though I do like the fact the character features.  A bit too much like Jake Lloyd's Anakin for my liking, which is a shame.

But overall, it's a good yarn, a great return for the main character and lots to look forward to for the rest of the series.

Just watched half an hour of this before work. Really interested in it so far, Ewan is great.

Spoiler

There’s been just enough ‘Kenobi pottering around the desert’ for my liking too.

But yeah, Leia, yeesh. Not even the acting as such, the bit where she’s in the tree, naming a few ships could have been from a fan-made short. Just really badly conceived.

Not watched both yet, but enjoyed what I’ve seen so far.

Small spoiler for the first episode (I was going to say “episode 1”, but that might get confusing!)

Spoiler

The Leila foot chase through the woods was pretty bad. The bumbling adversaries not only gave her a head start, but then seemed to deliberately get caught up on every obvious obstacle. It was like Mousehunt or something.

And was that a deliberate nod to

Spoiler

Batteries Not Included

?

Much better than the rote Mandalorian season 2 and the massive shrug that was Book of Boba Fett. There’s a plot, some interesting characters, a bit of betrayal and intrigue - plus it looks nice. 

Spoiler

Have we ever seen Alderaan before? 

I sniggered when Bail Organa gave Leia the “one day all of this will be yours” speech. :unsure:

Also:

Spoiler

The Inquisitors are cool

So that helps a lot.