Jump to content
IGNORED

Obi-Wan Series - Friday 27th May


Nimmel
 Share

Recommended Posts

In hindsight…I think I would have preferred a movie version.

 

The extended run time only gave us a load of filler that took the budget away from the main course.

 

Imagine Starwars take on hard boiled or Leon or even Taken!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/06/2022 at 10:11, Doctor Shark said:

Also the whole “if you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine”…well, that doesn’t really happen, does it? He doesn’t become more powerful, all he does is talk to Luke occasionally. He basically becomes an extra from the Frighteners. 

I always took this to mean it would help push Luke down the path which leads to the end of the Empire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/06/2022 at 10:11, Doctor Shark said:

Also the whole “if you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine”…well, that doesn’t really happen, does it? He doesn’t become more powerful, all he does is talk to Luke occasionally. He basically becomes an extra from the Frighteners. 

 

Nah he's right.

 

Because he is a frail old goat at that point. Vader could not imagine he would become so powerful he would guide Luke to destroy the Death Star!

 

So he did become more powerful than Vader could possibly imagine...from a certain point of view...:hat:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:


The Inquisitors aren’t Sith. 

 

They all have their 'Friends of the Sith' membership cards though, so that surely counts for something! 

 

It's also why they seem to have bizarre lightsabres that seem to be like Swiss Army knives. Stupid and silly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

They’re like…diet sith. Some force abilities, some lightsaber skills, but not properly trained, not massively powerful compared to an actual Jedi, but good as shock troops. 

 

Although, if he is the same bloke as in Rebels isn't the Grand Inquisitor an ex-Jedi? I seem to recall him doing a Darth and repenting his sins in later episodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:


The Inquisitors aren’t Sith. 

 

37 minutes ago, Delargey said:

 

Legit - what is the difference?

 

They are Siithing themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Larry thing was tremendous, but I’m wondering how they can get away with it? Between Disney and YouTube themselves I’d have thought there would be no chance in hell of being allowed to keep that online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/06/2022 at 14:46, amc said:

I always took this to mean it would help push Luke down the path which leads to the end of the Empire.

 

On 29/06/2022 at 18:41, Hamus said:

 

Nah he's right.

 

Because he is a frail old goat at that point. Vader could not imagine he would become so powerful he would guide Luke to destroy the Death Star!

 

So he did become more powerful than Vader could possibly imagine...from a certain point of view...:hat:

 

 

This is it.  The overall battle between the Jedi and Sith in this era is the differing quests for some form of immortality.

 

The Sith strive to preserve physical life - the tragedy of Darth Plagueis, the construction of Vader, the use of pain, anger and a thirst for revenge that is seen in the survivals of Maul, The Grand Inquisitor and Reva.  And, of course, Palpatine's ultimate contingency plan for his own 'survival' (the culmination of his master, Plagueis', efforts to cheat death).

 

The Jedi, once elightened, achieve immortality within the cosmic force.  Those who achieve it are able to influence things for, we assume, eternity by virtue of appearing as force ghosts.  However, as this series confirmed, the appearance of force ghosts does also rely upon the person seeing them being in the right frame of mind too.

 

Ultimately Obi-wan's statement rings true because not only does he help Luke destroy the death star, he guides him to Dagobah and still counsels him in ROTJ.  But Kenobi goes further than that - it's his voice that Rey hears when she first touches the Skywalker saber, suggseting that whilst not appearing as a force ghost to her (because that would frankly be a bit weird) he continues to guide the jedi of the future whether they realise it or not.  Equally in TLJ Yoda's presence in the cosmic force allows him to influence Luke into dialling in remotely to help the resistance, and then in TROS the same ability allows Luke to return Rey to the correct path.

 

Vader has absolutely no awareness of the force-ghost thing, or any comprehension of how a Jedi could affect the future once 'dead'.  So the line makes total sense to me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Completely agree.

 

8 minutes ago, Sixkiller said:

Vader has absolutely no awareness of the force-ghost thing, or any comprehension of how a Jedi could affect the future once 'dead'.  So the line makes total sense to me.


Until he turns up as one, of course… (Which is after he’s turned back to the light. I think we have to assume Ghost Obi gave him a quick refresher course in Jedi Heaven).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Darren said:

Completely agree.

 


Until he turns up as one, of course… (Which is after he’s turned back to the light. I think we have to assume Ghost Obi gave him a quick refresher course in Jedi Heaven).

 

Yes, this one remains a mystery for now.  The best head-canon i've got right now is that at the moment of redeemed-anakin's death, the spirits of Obi-Wan and Yoda were able to 'pull' Anakin's spirit into their timeless existence, thus allowing him to appear at that point in ROTJ.  Will be interesting to see if force ghost Anakin appears after that.  My bet would be that he will appear to Ahsoka in her series (Christensen's involvement is heavily rumoured), thus continuing the theme of force ghosts generally appearing to their former padawans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With this chat, I'm pretty hyped about the Ashoka series.

 

I mean, it'll probably be another Kenobi half arsed attempt. But there'll be some cool scenes in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Completely agree.

 


Until he turns up as one, of course… (Which is after he’s turned back to the light. I think we have to assume Ghost Obi gave him a quick refresher course in Jedi Heaven).

 

Not before Ghost Qui-Gon gives him a sound ticking off for making such an utter arse of things. Bad boy! Dirty boy! In your bed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sixkiller said:

 

 Will be interesting to see if force ghost Anakin appears after that.  My bet would be that he will appear to Ahsoka in her series (Christensen's involvement is heavily rumoured), thus continuing the theme of force ghosts generally appearing to their former padawans.

 

Wow I had not heard those rumours. 

 

I am going to be disappointed now if it does not happen, despite not being anywhere on my radar less than a minute ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ngl I want to see Hadenson Force Ghost Anakin.

 

Overall, the vadar arch, from kid to hero to menace to ultimate redemption is pretty good.

 

Would be interesting to see him as a ghost guiding Ashoka probably with a lot of regrets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I agree with his sentiment around the poor quality of the Kenobi scripts, the ableist language included in the video, means that the prick presenting it can do one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's easy being a YouTube commentator person.

 

Just be annoying or woke or a piece of shit and say THIS IS SO BAD WHUT THEY DOING without any real idea on how to do it better, how to make that happen.

 

If you can't do, teach. If you can't teach, piss and moan on YouTube. Pays better I'm sure. What a shame it's a worthless thing that does nothing for humanity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/07/2022 at 10:54, Darwock said:

The Larry thing was tremendous, but I’m wondering how they can get away with it? Between Disney and YouTube themselves I’d have thought there would be no chance in hell of being allowed to keep that online.

 

And then there's this.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're still posting these, this looks like a really exciting new 80s show!

 

 

 

Spoiler

One of the cast credits just made me do a belly laugh :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised at the negative response this show has got one here. I loved every minute of it, I would  even go so far to say its the most Star Warsy thing since Disney bought the franchise. It feels like Star Wars to me in a way the sequels didn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.