Jump to content
IGNORED

Obi-Wan Series - Friday 27th May


Nimmel
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Boba Fett show lowered my expectations for this. I couldn't get on with that at all. This looks very promising from that trailer though. Really hope they nail this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I presume it's not going to be James Earl Jones doing the Vader voice? He sounded pretty rough in Rogue One.


They made a big deal about Hayden coming back so maybe some kind of modulation like they did in RotS? I think? It’s been a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All that talk about waiting and “Jedi reveal themselves”…

 

Bets on how long they’re going to make us wait for Obi Wan to get his saber out? (stop it).

 

I reckon like…episode 5 until we see him fully unleash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

All that talk about waiting and “Jedi reveal themselves”…

 

Bets on how long they’re going to make us wait for Obi Wan to get his saber out? (stop it).

 

I reckon like…episode 5 until we see him fully unleash. 

My wife wanted him to whip his saber out and now I'm not sure if we were talking about the same thing...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:


They made a big deal about Hayden coming back so maybe some kind of modulation like they did in RotS? I think? It’s been a while.

 

I reckon he'll be in flashback scenes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

 

I reckon he'll be jn flashback scenes.


Will they start every flashback with increasingly elaborate reasons why he looks 16 years older?
 

“oh I’m so tired after last night, fighting all those droids I must look terrible!”

 

(This will obviously not be a problem for Ewan McGregor who hasn't aged a day)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:


Will they start every flashback with increasingly elaborate reasons why he looks 16 years older?
 

“oh I’m so tired after last night, fighting all those droids I must look terrible!”

 

(This will obviously not be a problem for Ewan McGregor who hasn't aged a day)

 

They'd throw de-agging tech all over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trailer gives nothing away! But it certainly looks more serious and movie like. Which is a good thing after the shambles of an ending to Boba Fett.

 

Grogu better be making a cameo in this!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I right in thinking that both this and Boba Fett were announced after Andor, and yet we’ve still seen nothing of Andor except some behind the scenes stuff ages ago? What’s going on there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Are the inquisitors the same ones as in rebels?

Looks like it. This is going to be another series where watching hours of kids cartoons pays off isn’t it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I loved the trailer, but to be honest they could have done a super cut of Obi-wan doing his tax returns and it would've still been epic with Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes playing over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, And said:

Looks like it. This is going to be another series where watching hours of kids cartoons pays off isn’t it?

 

It's looking this will do for Rebels what Mando did for The Clone Wars - bringing the cartoon stuff into live action and tying it all together.

 

Rebels was excellent so I'm very happy with that, hopefully we'll get a couple of cameos. Although I think we're pretty much guaranteed to see Thrawn and Sabine in the upcoming Ahsoka series, so maybe they'll save guest appearances for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Harsin said:

The Grand Inquisitor looks a bit pants compared to how the same species was portrayed in Episode 3.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

I expect there have been better looking cosplays of the grand inquisitor at conventions.  Maybe once the action is flowing it won't be so jarring, but when you've already had the species in live action, it looks like it could be a disappointing aspect.  The Fifth Brother also looks a bit pants.  It's strange because the overall production value appears as high as you'd expect.

 

Much like previous trailers it looks like the majority of this footage is from first episode or two, but there's enough there to make it appear like the leaks about the plot are true and therefore 

Spoiler

the skywalker twin in the trailer will not be the only one we see

 

I'm still very cold on the idea of there being a 'rematch' - would be quite happy if it were just kenobi evading and fighting inquisitors with vader in never coming face to face with him, but sadly i don't think the restraint will be there.

 

9 hours ago, Pob said:

Am I right in thinking that both this and Boba Fett were announced after Andor, and yet we’ve still seen nothing of Andor except some behind the scenes stuff ages ago? What’s going on there?

 

Andor has been filmed in a very different manner - basically the production style of Rogue One - practical sets and locations (mainly in the UK), as opposed to using the volume in the way Mando, Boba and Kenobi have, and I think that (and the effects of the pandemic on it) have led to it taking longer, as well as the fact it's likely got more episodes and is expected/confirmed to have a second season.  I think a lot of people are sleeping on just how good Andor could be - it's the closest thing to a movie they'll have made since the end of the Skywalker saga.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really like the look of Rupert Friend as the Grand Inquisitor, I really liked his voiceover. Some great dialogue to justify the setup for the series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like supermarket own-brand Star Wars with some cheap-looking Doctor Who baddies who look as menacing as sandals. To be honest, I never really bought into McGregor as Obi Wan that much anyway. Just feels like everything that was good is being diluted for a few more Disney+ subs. That Movie Trailers Boba Fett thing nailed it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

 

It's looking this will do for Rebels what Mando did for The Clone Wars - bringing the cartoon stuff into live action and tying it all together.

 

Rebels was excellent so I'm very happy with that, hopefully we'll get a couple of cameos. Although I think we're pretty much guaranteed to see Thrawn and Sabine in the upcoming Ahsoka series, so maybe they'll save guest appearances for that.


Rebels was surprisingly good, especially towards the end, mainly because of Ashoka. She’s clearly the best character in Star Wars and I can’t wait for her series. 

 

44 minutes ago, Steven said:

Looks like supermarket own-brand Star Wars with some cheap-looking Doctor Who baddies who look as menacing as sandals. To be honest, I never really bought into McGregor as Obi Wan that much anyway. Just feels like everything that was good is being diluted for a few more Disney+ subs. That Movie Trailers Boba Fett thing nailed it.

 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.dd51d78da9a9e41875b9f2a7a456993f.jpeg
 

don’t watch it then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.