rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mdn2

PSPlus for September - Darksiders 3 and Arkham Knight

Is Darksiders 3 any good? I've obviously played Arkham Knight (but might not mind getting it for free digitally and maybe giving it another run through) but I've sort of written off Darksiders as being naff and don't really know if it's fair.

Arkham Knight is brilliant but surely anyone who wants to play it has by now!

Darksiders 3 is nice though. Loved the first one but got the second one sat on my plus list as well. I'll get to them......

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Darksiders 3 is nice though. Loved the first one but got the second one sat on my plus list as well. I'll get to them......

I don't have it! Not that I'll find time to play it like with everything else on Plus.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Is Darksiders 3 any good? I've obviously played Arkham Knight (but might not mind getting it for free digitally and maybe giving it another run through) but I've sort of written off Darksiders as being naff and don't really know if it's fair.

Darksiders 1 and 2 are excellent. I’ve not played 3, but it was made on a pretty tight budget. The consensus seems to be if you liked the first two you’ll like 3 so I’m keen to play it.  

Arkham Knight is total, absolute fire. Still looks fantastic as well. Anyone who hasn't played it is in for a hell of a treat.

It'd maybe be worth going back to play Asylum and City first if you want the full story and setup though. They're all excellent, so I can unreservedly recommend doing that. I've smashed through them all multiple times.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I've not played either and it might actually get me to turn my PS4 on for the first time since getting the switch nearly 2 years ago! 

Not a dig at PS4 by the way (just limited gaming time these days). 

Darksiders 3 is a lovely game. A bit wonky, but I enjoyed it a lot. TOP TIP: If you find you're not getting on with the combat it can be changed in the menus to the previous 2 games' style.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Arkham Knight is total, absolute fire. Still looks fantastic as well. Anyone who hasn't played it is in for a hell of a treat.

It'd maybe be worth going back to play Asylum and City first if you want the full story and setup though. They're all excellent, so I can unreservedly recommend doing that. I've smashed through them all multiple times.

This. I've played the first 2 twice on the PS3 and Knight dominated my gameplay time 2 years ago. It's just an amazing game. Just traversing the city is a treat. 

I'd echo the idea of at least looking up the first 2 anyway. The way this leads on from City is brilliant, and the finale of Knight is very, very well done. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wev said:

I don't have it! Not that I'll find time to play it like with everything else on Plus.

I'd prioritise this, it's a belter

14 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Never played arkham knight so its great i can now add it to my digital pile of shame :lol:

Is it any good ??

Bizarrely I've just started playing it again on Xbox after going through it on launch on PS4. Spider-man has made it look a bit flabby. tbh. Also the Batmobile sections are mediocre at best, but not soul destroying like some people say.

Now *that* is how to do a good month on PS+.

I've already completed (near 100%ed) Batman but I'm more than pleased for those who haven't - it's one of the best games this generation.

• Upvote 4

I bought Arkham Knight on release admits all the hype, and am still playing it now as started it years after buying it. Doh. Have done the same recently with Monster Hunter.

I have lost bit of interest with it though as only have the Riddler trophies still to do, everything else is 100%. They haven't held my interest like they did in the other games. That aside it is a fantastic game.

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Both good games but also both available on Xbox Game Pass so a bit of a dud for multiplatform owners.

Isn't AK a bit bollocky on Xbox, compared to the PS4 version?

looking forward to replaying AK on my pro, but Darksiders III, mmm... 

I'll be honest and say it feels like that original release date passed me by.

Despite buying the "fury" editions of the re-releases of Darksiders and Darksiders II

on the whole, a month on the right of decent.

30 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

It's fine. Just 900p rather than 1080p. 

So, pretty much the definition of "a bit bollocky". 900p on a 4ktv is proper pants. It's fucking criminal that AK on the One X doesn't look as good as AK on the base PS4. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Pavey said:

I bought Arkham Knight on release admits all the hype, and am still playing it now as started it years after buying it. Doh. Have done the same recently with Monster Hunter.

I have lost bit of interest with it though as only have the Riddler trophies still to do, everything else is 100%. They haven't held my interest like they did in the other games. That aside it is a fantastic game.

The Riddler trophies are the only bit I didn't do either. Base game plus all DLC was 100% done but I couldn't be arsed with those. They seem to be a throwback to the older days of gaming where games were so expensive you would spend a lot of time on them as you didn't have many. These days there is too much else to move on to. Not complaining mind you!

Bought both of these on release and finished them, so not a good month for me in that sense, but a fantastic month for those who've not played. Enjoy! :)

10 hours ago, Thor said:

So, pretty much the definition of "a bit bollocky". 900p on a 4ktv is proper pants. It's fucking criminal that AK on the One X doesn't look as good as AK on the base PS4. 

The performance is solid, though, unlike the PC version which was a complete disaster. 

• Upvote 1

No doubt about it, this is a good month. But I sorely miss the indie games which were generally a bit more leftfield and only took moments to download (should you decide they were a bit shit before deleting them).

• Upvote 1