IGNORED

Knights and Bikes

Unofficial Who

1 hour ago, BabelRich said:

Definitely picking this up, just waiting for some time with my co-op buddy to play it. 

I was going to pick it up on the PC tonight but my wife saw the trailer and said, "Is it local co-op? Is it on PS4?"

Se we'll be doing that this week.

1 hour ago, Rob Rule said:

Out at last, woo! 

Dilemma time. Do I play it through solo or local co-op the first time through?

I was listening to Waypoint and they said that a downside of playing solo is that the CPU controlled character will half finish a puzzle before you realise a puzzle is there. I'm leaning towards co-op.

10 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

Out at last, woo! 

Dilemma time. Do I play it through solo or local co-op the first time through?

Definitely co-op, there are several competitive interludes that are much more fun with a partner. AI is occasionally a bit too useful and sometimes annoyingly dumb. 

Don't watch the trailer btw, it's a bit of a spoiler for my favourite intro sequence of the year. 

I kickstarted this and got it a few days early, just waiting to co-op it with my mate but it's gloriously... silly, but that isn't derogatory at all.

The Intro song and sequence is delightful and they really have done a good job of capturing that "making up adventures" and the people you meet on weird summer holidays. 

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I've been playing this on and off all week. Captivatingly charming game. 

Captures elements of childhood exploration and innocence and has a fantastic sense of fun and creativity about it. Just a really good chill out game. You can tell its influenced by childhood summer adventures and the Goonies movie influence can be felt. 

They styling of this felt very familiar somehow and after digging around Its actually made by Foam Sword which comprises of ex-Media Molecule  staff and people that worked on Tearaway. Explains a lot. 

Anyway if you are looking for something relaxing, fun and beautiful to play though have a try of this.... Its on GamePass (PC and Console) too and where I discovered it.

52 minutes ago, Unofficial Who said:

How does it play single player? I've been waiting to play it with my partner but she only has eyes for two games at the moment.

So far so good been really enjoying in single player... Want to replay again with co-op! :)

I finished this last weekend with my son in local co-op. We both enjoyed it, there’s a cracking story with some really good humour, music and references. 

I have no intention of playing it again in single player mode, but curious as to how it works; do you have to keep switching characters all the time? Sounds like a faff.

33 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

I have no intention of playing it again in single player mode, but curious as to how it works; do you have to keep switching characters all the time? Sounds like a faff.

It's presumably the same as a Lego game.

2 hours ago, Nosejam said:

Not if you don't want to. The AI just takes the role of the other character...works really well. Tend to switch characters a bit just to have a change (ground stomping is fun!). 

• 2 weeks later...

This cropped up on my newly purchased Game Pass sub, WOW!! It's so delightfully nice, played through the opening half hour / hour or so on my own, think I am going to save the rest of it till the other half comes over next and see if she fancies a day playing through from start to finish, should take arond 9-10 hours, maybe it'll take two sittings, but it's just TH Emost charming thing I have seen in a long , long while :wub:

8 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

This cropped up on my newly purchased Game Pass sub, WOW!! It's so delightfully nice, played through the opening half hour / hour or so on my own, think I am going to save the rest of it till the other half comes over next and see if she fancies a day playing through from start to finish, should take arond 9-10 hours, maybe it'll take two sittings, but it's just TH Emost charming thing I have seen in a long , long while :wub:

It's utterly wonderful. Enjoy! 

10 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Is it child friendly? As in could I play it with an 11 year old without it throwing in any unexpectedly dark themes or anything like that?

It’s absolutely suited for an 11 year old. Played it through with mine earlier in the year. She’s read the books too.