rllmuk
anewman

Apple Arcade

6 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Is there controller support?

Just tried it for you with a DS4 - yep, works!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Just tried it for you with a DS4 - yep, works!

Thanks very much! Looking forward to playing this, then!

Marble IT Up is out too. Not sure of control system, had on switch and it was a decent if somewhat dry marble platformer with good physics

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Marble IT Up is out too. Not sure of control system, had on switch and it was a decent if somewhat dry marble platformer with good physics

I never bought that on Switch at launch due to the complaints over the price vs number of levels, but I always intended to pick it up once there was enough to do. Now I can play it for 'free'... hooray!

On 08/11/2019 at 18:17, Gotters said:

It’s utterly fucked with touch controls.

8 hours ago, deKay said:

It’s utterly fucked with touch controls.

agreed, they were hideous and I didn't finish first level with them before deleting it.

Highlights so far:-

Cricket Through the Ages 

What the Golf

Grindstone

Neo Cab

just started playing  Monomals and so far so good. Getting weird Nintendo vibes off it

• Upvote 1

Cricket was great but the World War level is impossible.

Jenny LeClue is excellent, although a bit fiddly with touch controls.

What the Golf is incredible.

Tint, Possessions and Assemble With Care are enjoyable and worth playing, all very short and easy though.

• Upvote 1

I loved Assemble with Care. Really nice, gentle relaxing game - ideal if you’ve got a spare hour to sit down somewhere quiet and enjoy it with a cup of tea / beverage of your choice.

Yeah, I played Tint and Assemble with Care, both very good but not my personal highlights.

ones I’ve played that didn’t click:- 

that Frogger game - was awful

Where the Cards Fall - played on phone and touchscreen controls felt fiddly 

Punch Planet - probably very good little fighting game but again I played touchscreen on an iPhone XR so too frustrating 

Skate City - seems really cool but again, to do it justice needs a controller hooking up to it

8 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

I loved Assemble with Care. Really nice, gentle relaxing game - ideal if you’ve got a spare hour to sit down somewhere quiet and enjoy it with a cup of tea / beverage of your choice.

She fixed their relationships as well as their broken shit <3

Will have to have a look at those, but I'm still making my way through Grindstone and Chu Chu Rocket Universe a few levels per week, with some Bleak Sword on the side. Absolutely excellent games.

11 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Would Apple Arcade be available on one of those little mini Macs?  The latest ones obviously.

a Mac mini could be an option... if so

Only some of the games. Apple TV or iPad Pro with a controller and speakers is the best way to play this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Only some of the games. Apple TV or iPad Pro with a controller and speakers is the best way to play this.

They said all games are supported on all hardware that can run Catalina or iOS13. For now, at least. How well they work, dunno.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I'm paying a lot of them on my Mac, which is just as good an option and also supports XB/PS controllers and KB+M, which is great for CCRU.

I have been playing Outlanders, supposedly a “chill world building game”

but actually it’s a desperate struggle for survival and really hard to not have your little people starving. Unless you maintain strict population controls (feels bad man), then you quickly exhaust all natural resources food wise. Harsh as fuck.

Not entirely overwhelmed by this so far - but I can see the appeal had I an Apple TV and a controller... however, so far the games, with the exception of some of the original launch ones, seem pretty light.

7 hours ago, scottcr said:

Not entirely overwhelmed by this so far - but I can see the appeal had I an Apple TV and a controller... however, so far the games, with the exception of some of the original launch ones, seem pretty light.

Jenny LeClue.

I'm on the verge of binning this, its not that the games aren't ok, its that they aren't for the most part phone games, they are mostly designed to be used with controllers. 

Touchscreen joysticks and buttons are pretty much an instant no no for me on any game.

Good example is a futuristic hockey game out today, looks ok, but is unplayable with a touchscreen stick and 3 virtual buttons. 

38 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I'm on the verge of binning this, its not that the games aren't ok, its that they aren't for the most part phone games, they are mostly designed to be used with controllers. 

Touchscreen joysticks and buttons are pretty much an instant no no for me on any game.

Good example is a futuristic hockey game out today, looks ok, but is unplayable with a touchscreen stick and 3 virtual buttons. 

I felt the same, they didn't feel like phone games on the whole so they didn't work for when I'm out and about.

it's not easy sneaking a PS4 controller into the bogs at work.

40 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I cancelled this for the same reasons. Grindstone is the only game I really dug on there.

Keeping my Mario Kart sub though

They've added an annual subscription option now, effectively the price of 10 months.

Seems you need to go into your App Store account (tap the profile pic in the App Store on iOS), go to Subscriptions and you can change it there.