Apple Arcade

anewman

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

I’ve 3* all the main ones now and am on to lvl 2 of the one chancers...how many chapters are there of those?

Only a couple of chapters, not the same again, a couple of levels are actually quite tough and make you think a bit to get them 3*

As always online shows how crap you are at anything, the daily challenges I get a clean run and think that was ok, then see a time several seconds faster

46 minutes ago, Don Rosco said:

I've also 3* the whole thing. Devastated that it's all done. What a game. 

I see you’re nearly 5 seconds behind me on today’s leaderboard Don...chop chop! :blah:

I kind of hate those ones though, they’re too long...the number of times I’ve been so much faster going through the first two sections and then you plonk it into a spike just before the end...:quote:

3 hours ago, TurningMonster said:

@ZOK@Don Rosco can I get in this action? I’m thetwohoots on Game Center

I think you can only add friends in game centre if you know their phone number or email, I looked the other day as thought it would be easy to add myself to the daily Sping action and it's not, unless I missed something.

6 hours ago, ZOK said:

I’m only a second away from the top spot today!

Unfortunately that’s a lifetime in Sping.:(

Good skills, horrible levels today. That first one I can only get a decent run on one time out of 20, so i'm bailing out 5 seconds from the top time. Til tomorrow!

Yes that first bit is punishing - as far as I can tell there’s only one pattern that works for speed, and when I’ve done that bit faster it doesn’t work so the only savings are in doing smaller loops on the next level...if you get there.

On 30/04/2021 at 08:22, Paulando said:

I think it’s time for a Sping breakaway thread :quote:

Or not!

22 hours ago, Gotters said:

Managed to get 3* on all levels in both the new chapters of Sping - love the new gravity mechanic and a couple of right tricky basts near the end to get a perfect run on. 

Doesn't bother me by the way.  Great game worth mentioning.

• 4 weeks later...

No new games in nearly two months now. So much for at least one a week.

Yeah, I know they spaffed 20-odd on there a while back but they don't count as they're not really Arcade games - they're old games slightly modified.

I have been a subscriber to Apple Arcade since it started, but recently I feel like I have only just dabbled with it, so I decided to try out what games are on there a bit more seriously. Action-oriented don't appeal to me on the phone, so I tried out All Of You, which came out recently, and I completed the game yesterday. 

The game is a little tricky to describe: it's like a puzzly point-and-click game, but not in the LucasArts adventure game style—more of what you saw on the DS. Games like Ghost Trick or Exit, which are built on a root gimmick on which the developers build a variety of puzzles for you to solve.

In the case of All Of You, you follow the path of a hen through 72 puzzle levels, and each level sees you guide her from start to end to recover one of her chicks, who became lost in some way or another. The game has its own unique art style, but there is no general theme running through it. One level will be set in an underground cave, and the next one could be set in a mysterious alien temple.

The only constant in the game is the gimmick, and in All Of You, you guide the hen by interacting with the circles that depict the game world. When you tap on a circle, you activate the action in that circle, and the puzzles in each level are completed by careful juggling of the action in each circle. The game mixes things up quite frequently, however, and it's not all logic-based. A lot of levels also require surprisingly exacting timing skills. It's similar in the abstract to the developer's previous games, I Love You To Bits and especially Bring You Home, although the execution here is familiar but different.

DE5BB486-72AA-4B11-A2F6-2E62BDF5C778.thumb.jpeg.bdbee26dbb1327dba2c4b13c0a28c139.jpeg

I enjoyed it quite a bit, despite some frustrating levels, and it's not a long game at all. Screen Sharing tells me that I spent 6 hours playing it, and the length feels just right. The only negative thing I can say about the game is that it feels somewhat disjointed. It's a mobile game through and through, meant for you to dip in and out of in your spare time. As such, the overall narrative doesn't really have any impact, and I thought that there wasn’t much in terms of a sense of progression. A lot of the timing-based levels were surprisingly frustrating as well, and I wish that the developers had structured the game differently. A Super Mario World-like overworld that clearly labeled what you might expect in each level, or provided alternative routes would've been more welcoming.

Nevertheless, it's a nice little game, and I'd recommend taking a look at it if you liked Alike's previous games.