IGNORED

Noita - Game Of All Time

Retroid

8 hours ago, Strategos said:

I think im getting worse at this , my previous best was 900m down or so, but now I struggle to get passed the 2nd or 3rd stage 

Still much better than me lol.

I just had the most amazing wand, it can only be describes as a lightning shotgun, instantly killed whole mobs... Yeah, I killed myself with it.

Just had a great run, got to 800m , packed full of perks, had freezing field on and stainless armour which is a nice combo. Fighting some mobs and dropped into a pool, no worries about that it freezes right? Nope is Polypmorph liquid and that doesnt freeze apparantly. I change into a sheep with flies wings hit a mine or something on the ground. bang insta death.  :mad:   Mere feet from the exit :(    Thought I was going all the way that time. 

Got down to 900m again, as I was approaching the portal , doing nothing the dreaded words spring up

"You have angered the gods" 

I fly around a bit until my wet status wears off and my invisibility kicks in again. Sneak through the temple, past the Gaurdian bastard thing. Then find myslf in this nightmare level of corridors filled with double tough enemies. Sneak through down to about 930m . Sitting on a ledge and one tiny drop of toxic sludge falls out of knowwhere from above hits me.... dead in 3 seconds.

Its the subtelties of the physics engine that really make this for me. I particularly like the first stage because you can use tactics and have a bit more time to think.

The way oil floats on top of water, or the fact you can dunk yourself in oil and still extinguish yourself without lighting it. Or using the little lmaps dotted around to burn structures to make progress or spring traps.  So many satisfying events occur, like finding a pool of water held in place by a rock, kicking the rock away and dousing one of those fire guys in water killing him instantly. 

The later levels are only enjoyable if you have got lucky with your gear. You need serious fire power as there are huge numbers of super powerful creatures.

So I've got a theory to what the "eggplant" run is for this game.

Spoiler

Essentially collecting (all?) the tomes and finishing the game. Each one would give you fewer inventory options and eventually leave you with no Wand.

Might not be possible but it'd be cool to see.

Just had a great run. Got a really nice Magic Arrow wand very early and used that plus some extra health to demolish zone 1 and 2. Got into real trouble in zone 3 and just made it out. Ended up with a bubble wand that does far less damage but floods the area with projectiles and made it a chunk further. Amazing game. Gets super hectic once you get so far down.

I was having a good run. Super good wand. Then I found a beast. Something like 10 slots. All filled. I take glance. Oh it's one of those ones that just does blood rain. Handy if you're a vampire but not much use otherwise. I pull the trigger once anyway just to see the result

Apparently I died of toxic sludge.

noita-20191013-181109-1840063497-00040935.gif

44 minutes ago, Flub said:

I do like that some of them can pick up wands. They'll even pick up your old discarded ones.

Yeah it's pretty cool, on a second glance though; that guy seems to be an Ice Wizzard which I've never seen before! Wonder if he was patched in?

3 minutes ago, Retroid said:

Yeah it's pretty cool, on a second glance though; that guy seems to be an Ice Wizzard which I've never seen before! Wonder if he was patched in?

Dunno but he's the only one I've ever seen in the first level. Been a few down on the ice level but it's normally fire guys up top.

5 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

And I hope they don't overtweak it in the name of balance. Some runs you're really up against it; others you're stupidly OP, and it's all part of the experience.

It's giving me a total Nethack vibe. That was always the same way for me. Get a good start and you do really well and then other times it can feel like everything is against you. I like how this gives you more tools available early on. I've been watching some streamers play it and they've obviously made good strides in figuring out how the spells work and they're able to create their own wands on the better runs more easily.

I don't know why they hid the death gif creator. It's one of the big selling points of the game :)

It's just so massive, have you guys gone to the left and right on the surface? I don't really know what you can do with those areas but it seems like there's a much beefier, completionist thing going on.

(I speant 20 minutes cutting through the tree earlier! :lol:)