rllmuk
gospvg

The Apprentice 2019 - 2nd October 9pm BBC1

Thomas is the hero this show needs. At first I thought he was a typical Essex wide-boy, and he is to an extent, but he does appear to have a genuinely quite sweet enthusiasm about him. He’s consistently upbeat, which would be pretty hard to fake for eight weeks and counting.

Lottie went full thundercunt, she’s truly diabolical... it has to be Tommy Vs Lottie in the final two, a good Vs evil battle for the ages.

Alan Sugar loves Thomas, he needs to really fuck up or have a terrible plan to lose.

I can't believe that Thomas is only 28 though!

45 minutes ago, glb said:

Lottie went full thundercunt, she’s truly diabolical... it has to be Tommy Vs Lottie in the final two, a good Vs evil battle for the ages.

Which is fine provided Tommy gets to pick her up at the end and throw her into the death stars reactor.

• Upvote 5

I was determined to dislike Thomas but by the 74th BOSH of the series I'd fallen hard. He's got an enthusiasm about him that I like, particularly around all the dead eyed evil that surrounds him on every task.

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, marsh said:

Which is fine provided Tommy gets to pick her up at the end and throw her into the death stars reactor.

Even as she spits and snarls Tommy will strain to recognise some good in her, but then she'll call him an unwashed oik who isn't fit to farm the wheat fields on her land. Wobbled, he'll take her to an All Bar One with #thelads in one last attempt to soften her, only she'll spontaneously combust because it isn't Britain's Best Wine Bar™

• Upvote 1

Lottie is great for details, as her vaunted Michelin Star service attests, but actual work or ideas she struggles. Whereas Thomas is an actual human who manages to bond with people. Hes a bloody pillow salesman! Who knew that was a real thing? 

You can see that Thomas has something about him, but suspect he's too naive and enthusiastic, he's got that gambler mentality that won't bother about losing 10 in a row as the next one is gonna be huge.

He'll be the sort of person that may make and lose companies/fortunes several times over, unless he falls in with somebody trustworthy who can offset but not hold back his energy and undoubted enthusiasm. 

It's just nice to see that lack of cynicism on the show as the rest of the shaped eyebrow preening idiots are quite unpleasant.

Thomas is a salt of the earth, genuine nice guy and I wish I had him as a friend to be around me constantly and make me feel great. That’s the way chap, pop the old tea bag in the cup. Gently does it. BOSH! Great job fella! That is gonna be one sweet mug of splosh.

Potentially throwing himself in front of Lord Sugar’s firing finger gun could have been so unbearable awful, but he can do no wrong in my eyes now. 

• Upvote 4

Thomas must be the best sales person ever. I'd hand over some money just in the hope that I would win his approval somehow.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, K said:

Thomas must be the best sales person ever. I'd hand over some money just in the hope that I would win his approval somehow.

that would depend on what is being sold, sure on the street or in a market he'd be great - but once you get past the few quid mark you need more than a bit of chat and a bosh or two, he's very raw and comes across as thick but happy.

that is great as far as it goes, but you don't put huge business contracts into the hands of people like that very often, unless he learns a few new skills and backs up the chat with some deep content, personality is a good start, but it's just a start.

Pamela and Lewis are flying under the radar at the minute. Two episodes to go before 'The Final Five' recap. So a double firing either next week (music) or the week after (perfume).

Dean hanging by a thread, otherwise, really could be anyone from the other seven.

Aye, they'll keep the Librarian in for the interview lols when they expose her to be some kind of sith lord or war criminal.

• Upvote 1

Lottie will propose an idea that flirts around the concept of grinding up poor people for fertiliser with a work culture that borrows heavily from feudalism and win funding on the spot.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, glb said:

Pamela and Lewis are flying under the radar at the minute. Two episodes to go before 'The Final Five' recap. So a double firing either next week (music) or the week after (perfume).

Dean hanging by a thread, otherwise, really could be anyone from the other seven.

Quick question, how do you know it's perfume in two week's time?

I'm off to see You're Fired again on Monday and if I go to another show before the final, I automatically get a ticket to You're Hired. Will be hard to resist.

16 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Quick question, how do you know it's perfume in two week's time?

I'm off to see You're Fired again on Monday and if I go to another show before the final, I automatically get a ticket to You're Hired. Will be hard to resist.

Magic of Wikipedia. It’s listed as such there, although guess such info is subject to change.

9 hours ago, Gotters said:

19 years old and in the music business for 15y - impressive

I had to rewind that bit as I though I misheard, no-one called her up for it either.

Thomas knew his time was up, when asked in the boardroom what his business was he just said 'pillows and mattresses, it's my business and I need investment to expand' - it was less effort than I'd expect when somebody was selling me a pillow, let alone asking for £250k.

Despite her total lack of self awareness, over earnest nature and massive inexperience you do get the odd flashes with Lottie (they are quite limited before people think I'm all pro Lottie) where she can be quite convincing and has learned how to fake human empathy enough to be convincing - its fleeting but she isn't without moments of faked charm, not a shred of humility though but don't suspect her upbringing has been geared that way.

• Upvote 1

also hadn't watched You're Fired for years - god it was dire.

know the double firing episodes are always a little rushed but they still left in the crap piano opening bit, all the pre-rehearsed shit lines from the panel of non-entities, then when they got Thomas on just made him shout bosh a couple of times.

it was shit.

Thomas is the true winner in my eyes.

What's your business plan? Travel company, having invested years learning the trade in the travel business

Yours? Risk management, based on my extensive work within the insurance brokerage industry

Yours? PILLAHS, BOSH

• Upvote 9