Jump to content
IGNORED

The Apprentice 2022


gospvg
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 03/10/2019 at 13:11, Fry Crayola said:

 

Mainly the tickets, really - with the commission they had they'd need their punters to spend an average of about £25 each in the shop to win the task, which is rather a lot on souvenir tat no matter how much time you offer. And I reckon staying out longer on the safari to see more animals was a big part of why they had no refunds after the promises the ticket sellers made.

Tottally It was 4hr safari instead of 2 iirc thats a great deal to me and way better than rock painting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to love this show, but as i find myself saying nearly every year, gone are the actual elite business people and instead we have the good for reality tv sociopaths

 

I have found a new way of enjoying it, as i now refer to it and think of it as Taskmaster for Twats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sir podger said:

I used to love this show, but as i find myself saying nearly every year, gone are the actual elite business people and instead we have the good for reality tv sociopaths

 

I have found a new way of enjoying it, as i now refer to it and think of it as Taskmaster for Twats.

 

Or just stick the last twenty minutes on to see who gets kicked off, despite their passion for their project they want to peddle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2019 at 23:45, Mawdlin said:

Lottie Lion emerging as this series watch-through-the-fingers candidate.

 

Thomas Skinner is just Rob Beckett with bipolar. I hope they're on You're Fired together.

 

People like Lottie never had to be told to shut the fuck up by their parents because they weren't ever really listening to anything they said anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

What I find odd is that it’s as if every year they find the only people left wandering earth who seemingly haven’t seen this programme before. It’s the same bloody tasks every single time, how do they not learn? 

 

I think old sugarlumps needs some new themes for his games, ive got an idea for an episode

 

Hipsters. old shitbeard comes out for his pre task speech "Hipsters, i dont get them, but there's bloody loads of them *insert really obvious laboured bad joke about flanel shirts and some of them needing a wash that's not really on point but everyone laughs with a sycophantic grin*, anyway they seem to have loads of money to spend on old tat that they deem retro. Well i've got warehouses full of the stuff and your'e going to flog it to them". Cue the next hour of footage of 10 sociopaths running around Hoxton trying to sell some em@iler phones, shit stereos and ancient sky boxes

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm misremembering it but, I swear in series of old there used to be a good balance between smarmy twats who actually knew their stuff and dickish twats who were all mouth. The last couple of series it seems we have a domination of the latter, combined with the producers setting them tasks that they can't possibly hope to shine at. It's become a case of who loses less.

 

"Put on a successful safari in two days!" "Go go a price for selling premium lollies without showing the buyer what the fuck they look like!"

 

There has always been a massive element of "this is not how you would do things in reality" with The Apprentice, but more and more they seem to be putting hurdles in their path intentionally just so they can film them all crashing to the ground en masse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

 

Tommy is one of the best people on here, wait until you get to episode three


I’m genuinely stunned at how he talked himself out of going back in the boardroom after his hand in designing Tommy Turtle. A masterclass in bluster and bullshitting.

 

That said, he’s the best seller by some distance this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2019 at 20:17, Boyatsea said:

Maybe I'm misremembering it but, I swear in series of old there used to be a good balance between smarmy twats who actually knew their stuff and dickish twats who were all mouth. The last couple of series it seems we have a domination of the latter, combined with the producers setting them tasks that they can't possibly hope to shine at. It's become a case of who loses less.

 

"Put on a successful safari in two days!" "Go go a price for selling premium lollies without showing the buyer what the fuck they look like!"

 

There has always been a massive element of "this is not how you would do things in reality" with The Apprentice, but more and more they seem to be putting hurdles in their path intentionally just so they can film them all crashing to the ground en masse.

 

It's been like this for years now. Tasks based upon how quickly they can clean up goose shit or blag being a fitness instructor or essentially just being set up to fail.

 

One thing that does seem to have gotten worse is the lack of transparency regarding how each team makes their initial choices in a task. It's pretty obvious at this point that they're basically just given a binder with a few pre-prescribed choices and they choose from that file. They don't just pluck slime or retro-themed lollies or a wine tour out of thin air. Yet, completely coincidentally I'm sure, the two teams never ever pick the same theme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got back from a recording of Wednesday's You're Fired. Been meaning to go for ages but finally got around to booking a ticket. All I can say is that Wednesday's episode is a cracker and so many great Apprentice moments. Tom Allen comes across far better in person than he does on the show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, McCoy said:

How does You're Fired work?  Do you see the episode before you then watch the panel filming? 

That's exactly how it works. You watch it in the studio and then they go straight into filming You're Fired. Going to try and grab some tickets for the final.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/10/2019 at 08:55, Majora said:

 

It's been like this for years now. Tasks based upon how quickly they can clean up goose shit or blag being a fitness instructor or essentially just being set up to fail.

 

One thing that does seem to have gotten worse is the lack of transparency regarding how each team makes their initial choices in a task. It's pretty obvious at this point that they're basically just given a binder with a few pre-prescribed choices and they choose from that file. They don't just pluck slime or retro-themed lollies or a wine tour out of thin air. Yet, completely coincidentally I'm sure, the two teams never ever pick the same theme.

None worse than this week's 'design a bike' challenge. Which was essentially choose a bike then colour it in and give it a name. 

I wish it would get back to basics a bit more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the coming episode the treasure hunt type one.

 

Saying that £1.2m of bike sales is fucking great. The team with 400000 would normally be really good. Its funny thoigh i tottally didnt even notice the winning PM until this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, McFly said:

I like the coming episode the treasure hunt type one.

 

Saying that £1.2m of bike sales is fucking great. The team with 400000 would normally be really good. Its funny thoigh i tottally didnt even notice the winning PM until this week.

She was responsible for the winning of the toy task as well. I hadn't noticed her at all before then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2019 at 20:17, Boyatsea said:

Maybe I'm misremembering it but, I swear in series of old there used to be a good balance between smarmy twats who actually knew their stuff and dickish twats who were all mouth. The last couple of series it seems we have a domination of the latter, combined with the producers setting them tasks that they can't possibly hope to shine at. It's become a case of who loses less.

 

You're right - people like Saira Khan, The Badger, Tom Pellereau etc. were clever. Now all the contestants are wannabe reality star types.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McFly said:

I like the coming episode the treasure hunt type one.

 

Saying that £1.2m of bike sales is fucking great. The team with 400000 would normally be really good. Its funny thoigh i tottally didnt even notice the winning PM until this week.

 

Damn, I'm just watching this now and wondering how many they would have got if Thomas had actually been on that team? The treasure hunt is the best because they get so involved in finding the thing, that getting it for the best price just goes right out the window lol

 

I really miss Nick and Margaret :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same, their withering looks and asides were gold.

 

So Tommy is Alan’s ‘gut instinct’ horse this year. I mean, it was pretty obvious but good to have it in a verbal contract. Give him his dues though, the charming, ‘why you sniffing so much mate?’ berk can sell. If this were still offering an actual apprenticeship, he’d be a shoe-in for the ‘you remind me of me’ speech before being fired when Alan decides to ignore his gut because it might actually be indigestion.

 

We all saw it coming. but Lottie Lion is a fucking idiot. She’s the epitome of the entitled, passive aggressive snot rags that flock to the show now. I’m hoping she’s coming big with an idea for selling books online, cooked up in the library while recovering from getting high on her own self-importance on a ski trip or teasing beggars with coins or whatever it is posh twats do for kicks these days. No one on production has mentioned Amazon, they’re waiting for her to be savaged in the interviews.

 

I don’t know anyone else’s name... about standard after four episodes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

 

Damn, I'm just watching this now and wondering how many they would have got if Thomas had actually been on that team? 

It easy to laugh at his cockneyisms and clichès but he really does have a charm. He seems to enjoy meeting people, even if its only to get money from them. I think this week he was trying to be fair and not take-over and his delegates let him down where he should have been looking to does his best not try and help dummies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

What do they do to prevent you leaking spoilers? 

Nothing really, there's a disclaimer on the ticket

 

Quote

IMPORTANT: ON ACCEPTANCE OF THIS TICKET, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 1. You shall treat as secret and strictly confidential and shall not disclose or permit the disclosure of any information relating to the Show, live studio recording of the Show, the presenter, 'The Apprentice' main programme, the Company and/or its business to any person or other third party (including via social media eg Twitter, Facebook) without the prior written consent of the Company

 

I'm guessing if they found out you leaked who went, you wouldn't be allowed back.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.