rllmuk
Qazimod

PS+ October 2019 | The Last of Us Remastered, MLB The Show 19

PlayStation Plus members – we have a really big month for the October monthly PS4 games lineup to keep you entertained this autumn. As announced on State of Play, we’re including two major blockbuster hits from Worldwide Studios with The Last of Us Remastered and MLB The Show 19.

Let’s dive right in.

The Last of Us Remastered

In anticipation of the next chapter of Naughty Dog’s epic adventure in The Last of Us Part II, now is your time to jump into in The Last of Us Remastered. Whether you have already played the game and want to relive Joel and Ellie’s epic journey – or experience it for the very first time, The Last of Us Remastered has you covered with both The Last of Us and The Last of Us: Left Behind. The Last of Us takes place 20 years after a pandemic has radically changed civilisation, where infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons – whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a violent survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal journey across the U.S.

In The Last of Us: Left Behind, new light is shed on Ellie’s relationship with Riley, her best friend and sometime-mentor from a military boarding school they grew up in together. After disappearing for weeks, Riley returns with a surprising revelation on her whereabouts. Ellie and Riley sneak out of school for the last time, leading to a series of events that will forever change both of their lives. We hope this epic adventure will keep you entertained right before the sequel hits store shelves. In case you missed it, check out all of the details on The Last of Us Part II that were announced during State of Play. The Last of Us Part II is available now for pre-order, so mark your calendars!

MLB The Show 19

Swing for the fences in the latest edition of the popular sports franchise MLB The Show 19 from San Diego Studio (SDS) – and play the sport your way.

Relive the biggest MLB moments in history with Moments, where you can recreate the most famous plays (Babe Ruth’s called shot anyone?) and showdowns in baseball history. Or, speed-up full seasons with March to October, which lets you play only the biggest and most exciting games to focus on getting your team to the postseason and beyond in less time. You can also create your own player and rise through the MLB ranks with Road to the Show or play against others as baseball’s greatest stars and legends in Diamond Dynasty. There will be new content dropping in October for MLB The Show 19, which includes the legendary Ted Williams, one of the greatest players of all time. You can also unlock rewards by reliving moments from the 2019 Postseason and the most memorable moments of all time.

To celebrate The Show being on PS Plus for the first time, SDS is also giving away free in-game content for those who download and log into the game between 1st October and 31st October. To get your Show experience started right go redeem and open five FREE packs. These packs include a Diamond player for your Diamond Dynasty squad and equipment for your created player in Road to the Show! The Show 19 is a culmination of 14 years of development for the MLB The Show franchise. We can’t wait to give you a taste of what The Show 19 has in store for all PS Plus members in October.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/09/24/the-last-of-us-remastered-and-mlb-the-show-19-are-your-playstation-plus-games-for-october/

• Upvote 1

The Show is such an odd title for a baseball game, particularly when they use it so frequently in the blurb. It makes me think of some kind of notional Slick Rick / Doug E Fresh videogame, except it turns out to be about baseball for some crushingly disappointing reason. They shouldn't even be giving away baseball games on the EU PS+, it should be British Bulldog 2K19, or Pro Evolution Cooper's Hill Cheese Rolling and Wake.

• Upvote 6

TLOU plus the expansion pack means I might well actually play this supposed classic. What a good month for me. Baseball obviously is a bust, and I agree with K that "The Show" has always been an odd title.

27 minutes ago, K said:

The Show is such an odd title for a baseball game, particularly when they use it so frequently in the blurb. It makes me think of some kind of notional Slick Rick / Doug E Fresh videogame, except it turns out to be about baseball for some crushingly disappointing reason. They shouldn't even be giving away baseball games on the EU PS+, it should be British Bulldog 2K19, or Pro Evolution Cooper's Hill Cheese Rolling and Wake.

Back when we were expecting our first born they keep sending us home from hospital and to come back when my wife had a show. I presume the game isn't about that? :blink:

Just now, petrolgirls said:

The nickname for Major League baseball in the States is The Show.

All well and good, but they should have given it a more UK-friendly title over here, like MLB The Lenny Henry Show '19, or Darts.

• Upvote 3

Jeez, who by now has still not played The Last of Us??

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

TLOU plus the expansion pack means I might well actually play this supposed classic. What a good month for me.

Oh...

• Upvote 1

I was disappointed in my first play through of The Last of Us because it was hyped so ferociously my expectations were sky high by the time I got around to it. I enjoyed it more when going through it again though; the stealth has a satisfying simplicity to it and I was more willing to experiment with items and approaches with foreknowledge of what was to come. Inskippable story sections were annoying though.

I tried to get the Platinum trophy but it required an absurd number of multiplayer matches to be played. Maybe there will be an influx of players with the PSPlus release to inspire me to get it done in time for the sequel.

4 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Jeez, who by now has still not played The Last of Us??

I think I got to Boston? There was a museum? With mannekins in olde worlde costumes?

6 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

TLOU plus the expansion pack means I might well actually play this supposed classic. What a good month for me. Baseball obviously is a bust, and I agree with K that "The Show" has always been an odd title.

Am I reading this wrong, or have you never played TLOU? Really surprised* to hear/infer you haven't. Any particular reason?

* Of course, you may well have mentioned this to me before. But senility.

I have played some of it. But not much, and I got bored. I know that makes me a heathen. And then I kept toying with buying the PS4 version, but always assumed it'd be a Plus title at some point. Vindicated.

I think it just came out when I was going through one of those bits when you don't want to play games, if you know what I mean. Or I had Naughty Dog/Uncharted fatigue, because it was at peak "everything is Uncharted" time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, joffocakes said:

it required an absurd number of multiplayer matches to be played. Maybe there will be an influx of players with the PSPlus release to inspire me to get it done in time for the sequel.

I am one of those who has never played TLOU - Uncharted never did much for me so I was not particularly interested when it was released.

I would have given it a go on PS plus - until I read the above comment about multiplayer matches. It's one of those games then.

Still have to play Bloodborne anyway!

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

might be difficult or rather more challenging to look past the older 360/PS3 era style gameplay at times but the story is worth it.

I would say actually that Left Behind was better than the main game. I would obviously recommend playing the last of us first but Left Behind was magical.

Some of the best acting I’ve ever seen....that includes tv or movies.

I thought the remaster of TLOU actually suffered for being at 60hz instead of the original's 30. At the time I thought it was it down to it looking less like a movie by running so smoothly but perhaps I was just used to the PS3 version. 

I think you you can switch to a 30fps mode in the remaster. You get better shadows as well, in case your thing is imperceptibly better shadows in videogames.

• Upvote 1