Teardown - 3D Voxelagogo

Very exciting tech. I like what he's done with it instead of just throwing a load of zombies at the player or similar. (Though I'd love to see something like BLACK implemented with this much physical destruction enabled)

The "deformation" is great but it just makes me wonder why Havok et al aren't being used like this more. I can only imagine it's a design choice because indestructible levels are easier to funnel the player around in, but I remember seeing this -

SmallTepidCarp-size_restricted.gif

and thinking that physics were the future of deformation fun...

I still love original syndicate and even that Mars one, red faction iirc, just for the ability to level everything. 

That tech demo of the "cloud powered" destruction in crackdown 3 was really enticing. 

I'd love it if you could flatten buildings in gta and the like and you'd just have to wait a few in game days for them to rebuild it ( would have to involve non existent future tech if you want any realism obvs).

• 1 year later...

Man this is great, just spent short of an hour wandering round the beginning - I remember seeing the tech last summer and being impressed, it's neat how it's turned into this weird chill game about breaking and entering! Nice! :D

Also pleased it runs on my ageing i7 / 970 really well, as long as I put quality on medium.  

It looks amazing! Raytracing really is the business. 

I'm tempted!  

There's a decent game here already, it's not just sandbox!  

It's like a weird, v chilled out puzzle/robbery game.  You get a map with some objectives, have to steal things / move things / destroy things.  There are some nice levels where the items you need to steal are alarmed, so you have to plan ahead & prep as much as possible, then execute your thievery within 60 seconds.  It's pretty neat!

Yep this is a pretty great puzzle/heist game. I think i preferred the more laid back opening missions though. The 60 second alarms get pretty frantic the further in you get and I don't think I'm quite cut out for that :lol:

14 minutes ago, Parappa said:

There are some settings tweeks in that DF video I need to try as when I attempted to run it on my mediorce PC it was about 3 fps :lol:

CPU / GFX card?

The render resolution in the graphic options seems to save a big chunk of frames, try it on 75/50. I also run with VSync disabled. 

Ah man, just absolutely nailed a mission that felt impossible at first (one involving two safes and a bunch of key things), escaping with less than a second on the clock!

this is one of the most satisfying games I've played for ages. 

..and finished!  What a great little game. It's flawed, mainly due to some physics quirks (always gonna happen in something like this) and some bloody really hard bits a bit later, but overall a solid game defo worth playing.