Analogue Pocket - FPGA GB/GBC/GBA + More

Alexlotl

33 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

The jailbreak lets you play other cores and ROMS, why would you want it? And you seem convinced they won't release a jailbreak for launch so just buy something else to tide you over until they do.

So I can play other systems on that nice screen and leave my Everdrives in the drawer for the games I can't afford. Your posts assume a lack of knowledge or familiarity with Analogue on my part, which is very much not the case. I don't need to be told things like "Kevtris secretly develops the jailbreak firmware". 

You seem to be irked about being asked you if you actually saw anything beyond speculation about the firmware. If it comes, great... but saying I'm convinced that it won't misrepresents what I've actually asked. All I've said is that we don't actually know yet. There's no need for digs because I asked you if you'd actually read something confirming it. I'm all over the discussion about this system so I thought you'd found something I might've missed.

Edit: sorry to anyone else reading this. I appreciate that it's a distraction.

Ok, you can all willy-wave your kit... but if/when I have this thing in my hands, with GBA, Lynx and TG-16 all running from SD card, I'll be a very happy 12-year old :)

FWIW, the Analogue store still has all Pocket items available to order, but I noticed they've switched everything to say fulfilled as 'Group C : 2023'.

1 hour ago, DeciderVT said:

Edit: sorry to anyone else reading this. I appreciate that it's a distraction.

I'll apologise, I missed another post you made and was responding to something else. Think I'm getting tired of retro and this forum in general as I don't want to be turning into one of the many negative dick heads that float around making snide comments all the time. Good luck with it, hope you get what you need from the console.

2 hours ago, spanky debrest said:

I personally wouldn't want my fingers massaging cartridge labels during play no matter how susceptible cartridges are to glitching out - but this design makes that an inevitability.

People might laugh at this, but the ink is wearing off of our Match of the Millennium cart label because my son plays it so much.

He's only four. He's far from careless, but general wear and tear is definitely a concern with the more cherished carts.

Yes. I should probably get a NGPC flash cart of some kind. Been waiting forever for an Everdrive.

7 hours ago, Dudley said:

For those new, in general accessories "just work" with these things.  As mentioned the SMS for GG on the MegaSG (even though the GG itself is an adapter) and the Super GameBoy both both as well as they did on hardware.

Even a Mega CD on the SG.  Any SMS convertor you care to pick up on the Mega SG. J-Carts, Multitaps...

The only problem I really know of is the original powerbase convertor on the Mega Drive. And that's because its shape fouls the HDMI cable, same as the issues MLiG had.

The Retro Future/Elliot Coil was most disappointed to find out his Dance Dance Revolution add-on didn’t fit the Analogue Pocket...

2 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

So we’re all agreed then that a dsi xl with cfw is the best option over one of these?

If you only play a couple of handhelds I'd say original hardware with screen mods and CFW/Everdrives.

That's what we have (covering both GBA and NGPC). I know the GBA jailbar effect when using the LCD filter on the Pocket will mean I never use it for GBA stuff, and lack of NGPC stick will mean I never use it for that, either.

I'm not utterly obsessed with the GB, or I'd have been all over a Pocket irrespective of business practices. I might get one in 2023 once we know more about unofficial core support (MD/SFC).

24 minutes ago, Dudley said:

And exactly where have you put it in the meantime?

Yes, a precise address would be helpful. Also, if you could let us know what sort of locks you have that would be relevant contextual information that I think we'd all appreciate!

I dunno, for once all the videos of people tapping the cart slightly on the back then it showing glitched games is putting me right off.  Even I wouldn't buy one in that state. Does it do that for you @MikeBeaver

I've got several different GB's and GBA's to hand and none of them are like that. Have to be rough with them to cause glitching.

Just now, Lorfarius said:

I dunno, for once all the videos of people tapping the cart slightly on the back then it showing glitched games is putting me right off.  Even I wouldn't buy one in that state. Does it do that for you @MikeBeaver

Dunno, I've stuck it on charge, but I'll be giving it a good run through with Metroid Fusion in an hour or so, so I will let you know.

To be honest, I just want the jailbreak to turn up, so I can load it full of ROM's, to lazy to faff about with carts most of the time.

It's bigger than I expected it to be, and heavier also, it's quite the chunky beast, more DMG than GBC.

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Dunno, I've stuck it on charge, but I'll be giving it a good run through with Metroid Fusion in an hour or so, so I will let you know.

To be honest, I just want the jailbreak to turn up, so I can load it full of ROM's, to lazy to faff about with carts most of the time.

It's bigger than I expected it to be, and heavier also, it's quite the chunky beast, more DMG than GBC.

Going by all the prior Jailbreak releases, they've all appeared 1 week after the official release. 

1 hour ago, ianinthefuture said:

Is that with the Fedex £12 charge included?

Yes it is - £12 Fedex disbursement

I know all the arguments for not paying them this etc - but at the end of the day they got me my thing quicker than if I had to deal with customs direct etc

I also expected VAT to be much higher so just paid it in the hope they never check!

Charging the thing just now, not played yet. It looks great though.