rllmuk
mdn2

Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

Thanks. In World 2 there is a mini game. I haven't done it, but is this where I can get smoothies etc. to heal myself then?

You unlock recipes by completing worlds and finding chests in levels from memory. Then you can make them by bringing your menu up. 

I think at the start your only real option is buying them though

Yes, he won't be able to make anything yet. Buy smoothies from the shops (but also, you might not have shops super early) and just deal with the fact you're getting hurt to start with.

• Upvote 2

On 12/05/2020 at 20:05, Alex W. said:

Most of the side missions in World 10 are in this mold - you need to perfectly do something. Aargh! So many squats...

Although I have now unlocked the Game Machine set doing those which gives a fat experience boost and I think is kind of NES themed? It’s no Mustard Skeleton aesthetically though.

1C45DCD7-07F7-4A93-82F4-399C6950322F.jpeg.94956be69ddcac1391703ee8be197e3e.jpeg

For the Squat Goals one, how good at it do you need to be? How many coins can you let past, is what I mean? I had a few goes this morning and kept (I suspect) trying too hard to get all the silver coins, inevitably catching a gold or a bomb. Is there some slack? It's the last one I need on World 10.

Plenty of slack, focus on avoiding the gold. I let entire groups pass if the gold was in the back, for example, to make sure I didn’t clip it.

I recommend doing the whole run even if you mess up early. It’s tempting to smash “retry” right away but the practice actually made a big difference for me and made me less frustrated.

• Upvote 1

Does Skill balancing remain this skewed? Warrior 1 Pose has higher attacking levels than Overhead press? I don't think so... 

I was pressed for time this morning so beat Dragaux World 3 with only Knee Lifts and Warrior 1 o_O

Some of the damage weighting does feel off. You wait until you get Overhead Hip Shake. However, mostly I think you'll find you end up having an easy day or two and then replacing them with newer, tougher exercises. I think the game is attempting some pacing and variety. Yoga skills are nearly always "easy" I find, but I think the game is trying to value exercises that also focus on balance or core stability as well as "work". If they weren't high damage, you'd obvs never do them. As you get later on, you'll end up with lvl 2 Squats or lvl 2 something else and swap those back in.

Also the recovery time for each exercise, and the colour coding for extra damage, means you can't and shouldn't keep spamming the same move every turn, so even though it's impossible for them to be perfectly balanced (and the balance would be different for each player anyway - I have terrible balance so the yoga moves might not be strenuous but I find a lot of them almost impossible) you still have to use a few different ones each battle.

Argh this has been coming in and out of stock in Currys and stock informer completely failed to email me. I have signed up direct to Currys notifications too but they kept emailing to say it wouldn’t be coming back into stock and took me off the list. Bah!

18 minutes ago, Darren said:

Also the recovery time for each exercise, and the colour coding for extra damage, means you can't and shouldn't keep spamming the same move every turn, so even though it's impossible for them to be perfectly balanced (and the balance would be different for each player anyway - I have terrible balance so the yoga moves might not be strenuous but I find a lot of them almost impossible) you still have to use a few different ones each battle.

Is that so? As I said, I solely used Knee Lifts and Warrior 1 for Dragaux 3. Alternating, so that the skills could recharge themselves. And Dragaux doesn't have color coding. 

That goes away pretty soon.

And the yoga stops being easy when your most powerful yoga moves are the tree pose and the boat pose!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the game definitely seems to try and incentivise a varied workout, not just within the workout, but evolving over time. I think it's quite clever. I've started getting some 2* versions of previous exercises now so you'll end up rotating exercises quite a lot

How do you get to the 2* excercises?

Wondered what the stars were above them and that could be increased but wasn't sure.

It's quite a bit later, level 60+, when you have a skill tree you can spend points in, and/or are awarded them on level up.

• Upvote 1

I'm at level 72 and on world 9 or 10 (I think) and seriously lacking in higher damage red exercises compared to green, purple and yellow. I think the highest damage is something like 130 and after that they're all around 80 or lower, whereas with the other types I've got ones close to or over 200 damage. There doesn't seem to be many on the skill tree I can unlock either. 

7 minutes ago, Mafro said:

I'm at level 72 and on world 9 or 10 (I think) and seriously lacking in higher damage red exercises compared to green, purple and yellow. I think the highest damage is something like 130 and after that they're all around 80 or lower, whereas with the other types I've got ones close to or over 200 damage. There doesn't seem to be many on the skill tree I can unlock either. 

This is something I definitely want to avoid. I'm looking for more high-damage red exercises compared to Standing Twists or so...

Buff your red skills with smoothies and just use the moves that you want to. I know this isn't the most optimal route to making progress in the game, but it is the most optimal in terms of challenging exercise against time.

I still choose squats as well as wide squats for this reason.

I focused the skill tree into the red skill to counter exactly this. However, now I'm at the opposite problem where Front Press Level 2 has become so dominant that it leads every encounter, regardless of colour typing.

4 hours ago, Laine said:

Argh this has been coming in and out of stock in Currys and stock informer completely failed to email me. I have signed up direct to Currys notifications too but they kept emailing to say it wouldn’t be coming back into stock and took me off the list. Bah!

use your phones browser on stock informer and then sign for the push alerts, they’re swifter. Worked  better for me at least. 

I know it's a game but ultimately I think you do have to step out the mindset a bit of trying to be as efficient as possible. By all means do all the overhead hip shakes in the world if that's what gets you through the battles more quickly but don't expect to get much out of it.

Generally speaking I change my set-up every day and include one powerful 'breather' move for when I'm feeling dead (probably after doing 35 overhead squats) but otherwise try to be disciplined and not focus too much on the numbers. I'm at a stage now where overhead press basically does no damage compared to other moves, for example, but I'll still include it every so often.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, milko said:

use your phones browser on stock informer and then sign for the push alerts, they’re swifter. Worked  better for me at least. 

Thanks - I did that and it worked for Very but I heard nothing from Currys! Email or push notification. Missed out on Very as they didn’t have my address listed correctly and it sold out while I was trying to sort it out. Think I’ll just give up! 

I’ve been doing Multitask Mode as a five minute thing every hour to break up my work day, and I’m pleased to say that as well as giving you a coin for every rep, if you max it out to 500 (it gives a special chime and turns off) you get a tonne of smoothies and ingredients as loot.

21 minutes ago, Majora said:

I know it's a game but ultimately I think you do have to step out the mindset a bit of trying to be as efficient as possible. By all means do all the overhead hip shakes in the world if that's what gets you through the battles more quickly but don't expect to get much out of it.

Generally speaking I change my set-up every day and include one powerful 'breather' move for when I'm feeling dead (probably after doing 35 overhead squats) but otherwise try to be disciplined and not focus too much on the numbers. I'm at a stage now where overhead press basically does no damage compared to other moves, for example, but I'll still include it every so often.

Word. I love Bow Pull and Overhead Press enough to keep at least one in my loadout even with the rubbish attack values.

I have a long-term goal with those two anyway to crack the top 100 players (for players born in 82). I am currently sitting just outside the top 200.

Working my way through World 11 at the moment, slid the difficulty up to 24 this morning. I think I've played 28 sessions in the month we've owned it, and moved up from an (admittedly low) initial level 11 to 24 today. I've reached level 98 or something.

I hope there's never a "get every token in Dreadmill" challenge, although I'm sure there will be. That one can fuck off in advance, despite me not having seen it.

• Empathy 1

Just grabbed one of these off the Nintendo website!

Oh hang on they just emailed me to say they can tell me on Monday if I’ve actually got one or not!

Argos seem to have this in stock in quite a few stores today. 

• Upvote 1