IGNORED

Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

mdn2

I had to do the Lower Body gym set today, which was 20 Thigh Press (piece of piss), then 20 Squats, followed by 50 Mountain Climbers, then 20 Wide Squats, and 20 Chair Pose Lifts. Fucking hell. Wasn't too bad until the 50 Mountain Climbers, and then everything after can just fuck right off.

Chair pose is a bastard at that end of a set like that. There's a level somewhere in world 13/14 where you have the hold a chair pose platform in a level... it seems to last about an hour. Utter bastard

Just make sure you extend your leg back to starting position each time. A couple of other people mentioned they had difficulties with them, but I pretty much hit 100% great with them every time. You just have to use the full range of motion for them.

Not consistent 100% every single rep, but getting enough so it's not a problem seems OK for me now. Bear in mind it's clearly only measuring the leg strap. You need it firmly attached, on the front of your thigh, and you need to be moving that leg with a clean rapid up and then down. I think you want to get your thigh up towards your chest as far as possible, then extended out backwards straight. If you manage that, you should get 2 100% climbers. If you're not getting all the way up, or all the way back, it'll start to score less.

2 hours ago, spanx said:

Just make sure you extend your leg back to starting position each time. A couple of other people mentioned they had difficulties with them, but I pretty much hit 100% great with them every time. You just have to use the full range of motion for them.

2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Not consistent 100% every single rep, but getting enough so it's not a problem seems OK for me now. Bear in mind it's clearly only measuring the leg strap. You need it firmly attached, on the front of your thigh, and you need to be moving that leg with a clean rapid up and then down. I think you want to get your thigh up towards your chest as far as possible, then extended out backwards straight. If you manage that, you should get 2 100% climbers. If you're not getting all the way up, or all the way back, it'll start to score less.

Cheers! Managed a solid rep with this approach in a battle just now, will tackle the gym later this week :)

• 4 weeks later...

89 days later and Drageaux finally defeated. Get fucked you twat. I know Nintendo are all about the family image, but they really should have let you perform an incredibly graphic Last of Us 2 style kill on him after the shit he puts you through.

Now into New Game+.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve played it 2-3 times a week, most weeks since getting it in February (I think). I finally got to the end of the story mode about 3 weeks ago and have started again on the new game plus equivalent. The novelty didn’t wear off and I’ve found it really useful for getting a bit of regular exercise during the lockdown.

I'm still using it and have done since April, especially since the gyms have closed here again. When the gyms reopened in Summer /Autumn I did drop down to only using it once or twice per week though. Even when I'm back at the gym I find this very useful for the yoga and abs exercises. I would never do any yoga type exercises otherwise and I'm terrible at working my core in the gym because I give up way too easily at the first sign of my core burning. This genuinely gives my abs far more of a workout than I could ever do on my own because it's that external motivation factor. I don't want to fail at the game so I keep going past the burning point.

• 6 months later...

I played it regularly up until a month or so ago, but then I stopped for a week while I was feeling a bit under the weather and never got back into the habit. I really ought to make the effort.

I completed it three times. While it's (somewhat) sunny I'm going for long walks every day instead and keeping it in reserve for Winter as something to do without leaving the house when the weather turns and the virus will probably be ravaging this country due to the fuckwits in charge.

My wife bought this for us earlier in the year, but she never got on with it. I've been playing it fairly consistently, although the frequency of my sessions with it has certainly dropped since the weather improved. At the moment I'm much more likely to want to go for a run outdoors, but I do try and play it at least once a week in order to do some core work to complement my running.

• 4 months later...

I did it!

Spoiler

I was not expecting the final boss to be a proper JRPG multi-phase endurance test. My god damn legs.

Going to give myself a little break and then go and start picking off the ~25% of the villager requests that are left.