rllmuk
mdn2

Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

I started the adventure this morning and while I had a heavy night at a beer festival on Thursday I found this bloody hard work, just did the first couple of stages and checked out before the boss battle as I was dead :o 

The game reminds me of Zwift and that’s a good thing as I love zwift. I figured I’m fairly fit so had it on the one down from top option but turns out I’m not!, brutal!

• Upvote 2

This is apparently a great workout. I'm thinking about picking it up but it seems to be out of stock in a lot of places!

I've got a £10 Argos voucher but they don't have it in stock for either delivery or collection.

Also, dose the ring tidy away nicely?

It doesn’t collapse down or fold up so the options are limited. I have a telescope on a turntable in my living room so it lives on that not to waste any extra space. It’s not exactly huge on the other hand, so you can probably find a hiding place or coat hook or something to leave it in/on.

Amazon resellers have it at way about RRP just now so I suspect it’s sold more than expected.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Also, dose the ring tidy away nicely?

It'll fold away nicely if you squeeze it in as hard as you can forever and you never move from that position.

• Upvote 7

Btw, what level are you guys playing this on in terms of how many reps you have to do? My answers to the questions at the start resulted in me having to do 20 reps, but I've bumped it down to 15 as the battles were taking so long! I know that's kinda the point, but I want to make progress through the game as well as working out. Also, my ex laughs at the level of workout the game offers - she's into Les Mills classes! No amount of showing her 'but it does do things' reviews will tell her otherwise.

Yeah I think mine put me at difficulty level 22 which ends up with me doing 20 reps or so for things like squats etc. Which does tend to get very boring in the battles.

I actually prefer the traversal now, especially as you go through the levels and it becomes a lot more than just running on the spot, so you are doing squats on the jump pads presses to break boulders, leans to steer carts etc.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Eighthours said:

It'll fold away nicely if you squeeze it in as hard as you can forever and you never move from that position.

I'll just do that then.

Are people still playing it, then? The TechRadar review said they got bored of it quite quickly.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Are people still playing it, then? The TechRadar review said they got bored of it quite quickly.

I really want to get back to it, but my work and personal lives has been a quagmire of aaaargh these past few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to properly schedule exercise in a couple of weeks' time.

I got this today after reading some of the comments here. I used to work out a reasonable amount, but I managed to get sciatica fairly bad about 2 years ago and I struggle to do the same workout routine now because it hurts my back too much ...so I basically stopped. Consequently that, plus meeting a very lovely lady and getting all comfortable and such, means I've put on a fair amount of weight since then. I'm kinda hoping the kind of exercise this promotes may be exactly what I need.

I certainly feel it after clearing world 1 earlier today!

• Upvote 3

I need to get back in to this but I've had a cold for the past week. Will probably return to it tomorrow; I've been looking forward to playing it more.

I've not played for more than a week. Largely my fault for being a cleverdick on day 2 and not stopping when it suggested I did, then really feeling it in my leg muscle for a few days. Then some other feeble excuse of generally having other things to do. Need to knuckle down and get the exercise done, I have plenty of leisure time but it's too easy to loaf it away doing idle nothing. Keep posting people. Every time I see this thread it will remind me that I haven't had value for my £50 yet!

Still playing this every day.  Helps to drag me out of bed and have 15 minutes to help wake me up before work

Wife and 6 year daughter also have a go of their own adventure most nights

Just find it a really good daily supplement to keep things going between weekly runs/swimming etc

I think it’s all really well done and gives a genuinely intense workout, ideal for these darker wetter nights when I’m less arsed to get out on runs and less hassle than going to the gym

I'm getting started with this too -- will add any friend codes I can find for leaderboard action.

Very much a fitness newbie -- did couch to 5k, hurt my foot, so trying to do a more interval-based run every other day. This feels like it's the piece of the puzzle I've been missing -- a way to focus more on strength and posture on the no-run days, which I'm hoping will start a virtuous cycle.

I'd like to get this but worried it's going to be another Labo - really great fun initially, but as time goes on, you just cant be arsed to get it all out of the cupboard.

I have just picked this up hoping to get some leg and core strength along with a weekly Parkrun for my (now banned) switch. Apart from leaderboards am I missing out on anything not been online?

@cohen205 looking in the box there doesn't seem to be a lot to get out.

I’m on difficulty 25 at the moment and the sprint to the world 3 boss almost ended me. I had to give up yesterday and then psyche myself up today, high protein lunch, lots of water and finally go back to it. So satisfying to finally sweat my way to and through the battle itself.

On 13/11/2019 at 14:36, cohen205 said:

I'd like to get this but worried it's going to be another Labo - really great fun initially, but as time goes on, you just cant be arsed to get it all out of the cupboard.

In terms of accessories, it's the plastic ring and a leg strap, so it's much less hassle to setup and start playing than Labo. In the 10 days I've owned my copy I've used it 9 times. Even my girlfriend is getting into it now. I'm staying at my parents this weekend and was planning on taking it with me to keep plugging away at it.

I have become quite the fat bastard over the last couple of years though, and my desire to reverse this is driving me to keep going.

• Upvote 1

On 13/11/2019 at 17:14, Alex W. said:

I’m on difficulty 25 at the moment and the sprint to the world 3 boss almost ended me. I had to give up yesterday and then psyche myself up today, high protein lunch, lots of water and finally go back to it. So satisfying to finally sweat my way to and through the battle itself.

I forget my difficulty -- a bit lower than that, maybe 20-ish? -- but I did that world 3 boss last night and it felt like it would NEVER END.

Great sense of accomplishment when I smashed his muscly face in though.

• Upvote 1

Starting to feel like difficulty 25 is a bit easy for me which is satisfying.

It’s amazing how well all this RPG stuff works in a fitness game, in terms of grinding out activities for benefits but also the side quests and things that open up later. It makes it seem so obvious it’s baffling we’re not up to our eyeballs in RPG-based sport apps on mobile and smart watches. They’re also obviously and cleverly using the AI to balance the challenge the monsters give you (whether they attack or skip a turn) to ensure you’re busy but never overwhelmed.

This is quietly ingenious.

• Upvote 7

I'm an old git not far off 50 who hasn't really been to the gym for 10y - Amazon got some of these back in so ordered the other day

Just had my first go and its kicked my arse, only on moderate setting - its so inventive how they get you working different bits of your body with the simple ring setup, the ring feels a quality bit of gear too and not flimsy.

I got thru the first 3 bits to the first boss and I'm a sweaty mess - very impressed with it and it feels far more engaging than wii fit ever did - looking on youtube some proper gym bunnies seem impressed too.

Can see how the gamification bit could be good as gives you some simple goals and structure, good distraction from actually exercising - and if you want to just do the work it allows for that too.