rllmuk
mdn2

Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

The new rhythm mode is a nice distraction, it has Jump Up Superstar which is great but could do with a few more songs like the Dk rap if it was to be a proper selling point. As a silly freebie though, good stuff!

Presumably as it keeps selling they’ll keep adding new content like extra songs. The extra voice options make it clear Nintendo are happy to treat it as a big budget game even if it wasn’t launched as one. I would happily pay for a downloadable music DLC pack TBH.

I'll do anything for a copy of this

by anything I mean, pay RRP.

can't get it *anywhere* and scalpers are getting is as soon as it's available and punting it for tidy profit.  grr

• Empathy 2

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

I'll do anything for a copy of this

by anything I mean, pay RRP.

can't get it *anywhere* and scalpers are getting is as soon as it's available and punting it for tidy profit.  grr

Some got released today as my friend managed to order one from Game, maybe Very have some still? Sign up to stockinformer.co.uk to get the alerts.

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

I've had it in my basket twice today – ShopTo in the morning, Very around lunch – and both times it went out of stock during the checkout process. This was within minutes of stock appearing.

They sold out on GAME in about 25 minutes. I think I managed to get one ordered okay before the Hot UK Deals hoarders bought them all.

It's mad to me that they don't make this a digital download. They have done in Japan. Loads of third party peripherals out there too!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

It's mad to me that they don't make this a digital download. They have done in Japan. Loads of third party peripherals out there too!

I think I would have preferred this digital, even disregarding the current stock situation.  I'm playing this a bit everyday and it's always a hassle to have to change cartridges if I want to play another physical game.  And it would be so great if some multiplayer/ party games can use the ring.

• Upvote 1

Not getting on with this at all; it's a prime example of Nintendo's stupid waggle gimmicks getting in the way of a good gameplay experience yet again. I'd hoped we were done with motion control bollocks with the death of the Wii, this just ends up being really tiring having to do a load of movements when a simple button press would do the job better. It's genuinely exhausting. <_<

• Upvote 8

Isn't that the point though? Or are you making a funny joke and I got sucked in?

• Empathy 7

13 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Not getting on with this at all; it's a prime example of Nintendo's stupid waggle gimmicks getting in the way of a good gameplay experience yet again. I'd hoped we were done with motion control bollocks with the death of the Wii, this just ends up being really tiring having to do a load of movements when a simple button press would do the job better. It's genuinely exhausting. <_<

Bit late for April 1st..

• Upvote 3

On 01/04/2020 at 16:06, Andy_Why said:

Aye... there's loads of 3rd party pilate rings out and it would really help kill off the scalpers too.

36 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Isn't that the point though? Or are you making a funny joke and I got sucked in?

Oh Mike.

• Upvote 2

jesus - Game says it has it in stock...

from a re-seller asking 199 quid for it.  Fuck the scalpers for this game.  

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, Rob Rule said:

I knew he'd used photoshop in his pic in the rogues gallery the other day. 

This proves it. 

I really fancy this to keep the kids and myself active indoors but not prepared to spend £150 for it on eBay. I’ve set up some stock notifications but not holding my breath for anything to come up.

That went better than expected, @Uncle Mike.

It's wonderful, this. External distractions/goal settings are a good way to push harder in cardio, and here it, in a full videogame, made by Nintendo. Whole thing's genius. Bit worried about the durability of my ring (fnar) given the lack of replacements right now, but we'll see. Like the Labo VR sets I expect some third party will come along when needed, or Nintendo will start peripheral selling.

• Upvote 3

Mine arrived today too. Pretty impressed, it's much more of a proper workout than I remember Wii Fit being. I was put on difficulty level 22, not sure what that's out of but I was completely spent after the first boss and a couple of songs. Hell, I was starting to get tired during calibration :lol:

I've really been struggling with motivation to work out since working at home and no gym. This obviously isn't going to replace weights but it seems like a good workout and will hopefully give me the motivation to get my weight routine going again to complement this.

I expected the new female voice option to be a chill sort of Wii Fit thing. Instead it's a horrendous Nickelodeon cartoon voice just like the ring! Not a major complaint, just had a hope that the new voicing would be great.

On 03/04/2020 at 22:37, Rob Rule said:

Bit worried about the durability of my ring (fnar) given the lack of replacements right now, but we'll see. Like the Labo VR sets I expect some third party will come along when needed, or Nintendo will start peripheral selling.

There are already third-party rings for sale on Taobao here in China, so they might be appearing on Aliexpress/eBay or wherever fairly soon.

Yeah, I see Nintendo have started selling new rings, don't see it being necessary for years though, it's a top quality yoga ring. 

I also see they sell the game as a digital download in Japan, which is what half this thread has been wishing they do. 

Can you imagine the outcry though. People would buy it digitally and then moan they can’t use it because they didn’t realise you need the ring to play it.

I really just want a 3rd party ring and a digital download. Can't get the proper release at a sensible price and would suit my daughter down to the ground right now.

4 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

I really just want a 3rd party ring and a digital download. Can't get the proper release at a sensible price and would suit my daughter down to the ground right now.

Same, apart from the your daughter bit.

38 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Can you imagine the outcry though. People would buy it digitally and then moan they can’t use it because they didn’t realise you need the ring to play it.

True, but I can't imagine a scenario where Nintendo wouldn't go overboard with their disclaimer barriers, like they already do with all of their DLC. 

Just now, Parappa said:

I have a cart only (boxed) going for £69.99 (to cover the cost I laid out originally) if anyone's interested in here before I put it on flea-bay.

Without the ring, you mean?

Anyway, some people here who might appreciate it: