rllmuk
mdn2

Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

Out of interest. Anyone who nabbed one at Game, when they had stock the other day, actually has their order dispatched?

I ordered one on Amazon UK on the 18th March (more or less when I realised we were going to be locked down for ages) when it was out of stock. Just figured I'd get it when I got it. Anyway, they mailed this week to say I'm getting before the 18th of this month. 

Has anyone played this undocked and does it work? Mine hasn’t arrived yet but I’d like to use it in the garden if possible.

18 hours ago, Harsin said:

Out of interest. Anyone who nabbed one at Game, when they had stock the other day, actually has their order dispatched?

Not yet. I ordered  another thing from them week before last which hasn’t dispatched yet either so it’s possible they’re having some issues at the moment anyway, aside from the Ring Fit stock shortages.

19 hours ago, Harsin said:

I got one ordered from Nintendo on the same day and just received an email about it taking longer than expected to despatch and they’ll look into it. 

1 hour ago, BongoInferno said:

Has anyone played this undocked and does it work? Mine hasn’t arrived yet but I’d like to use it in the garden if possible.

You can play it that way, but a lot of the text and mini games are going to be very hard to see while you’re actually exercising.

Mine was despatched this morning from the Nintendo store. 

Thoughts after owning this for about 10 days now:

- I'm really impressed at how accurately it tracks your form. I'm not entirely sure how it does it but it never misses a beat during reps.

- It's a proper workout with difficulty levels that should test even people who would consider themselves to be quite fit. There can be a tad too much downtime between levels in Story Mode occasionally though.

- The timer that tracks the amount of activity you've done per day is extremely precise. I was testing how it works and the timer literally stops counting if you take so much as a 1 second pause between reps. It means the time given for actual movement is extremely accurate but I don't think most people time their workouts in this way so initially it seems like the amount of time it tells you you're putting in is lower than you expect.

- While most of the moves do feel like you're getting something out of them there are a couple I don't really feel like I'm getting anything from - ab guard is a mystery to me (I never feel anything in my abs), while the bow and arrow and thigh moves just don't really make me feel anything is going on. They're the exception rather than the rule but I don't think all uses of the Ring-con are equally successful.

On the whole I'm impressed with it though. It's certainly been nice to have something to get me motivated to workout at home in these times.

• Upvote 3

I've definitely felt those exercises you mention, but then I'm built like C3P0. I think that ab guard in particular is more intended to give you some baseline level of involvement of your core when you're doing other exercises.

I would really love to read a making-of on this some day. How they decided what exercises to use and how they translated them in to game versions, how things were balanced, whether and how AI is used to give you an appropriate level of challenge, there's just a whole lot of questions around the design of this which you don't get with another type of game.

For anyone that uses an Apple Watch to record workouts, there's a specific fitness gaming workout you can add to the list. Didn't notice this till the other day.

• Upvote 2

On 11/04/2020 at 15:53, Harsin said:

My order has been dispatched today.

1 hour ago, Mafro said:

For anyone that uses an Apple Watch to record workouts, there's a specific fitness gaming workout you can add to the list. Didn't notice this till the other day.

Ooh, thanks for that - never noticed that before!

I can preorder this at Amazon France. Due in stock on April 26. Should I do this now or is a UK retailer likely to get stock before then?

1st edit: Yikes – sold out already. Missed out again!

2nd edit: back again

3rd edit: FFS went OOS as I was checking out. Was on the final step.

Mine turned up this morning!! Really looking forward to giving this a go

Just finished day 12 of this. Got up to day 7, unlocked the planking exercise which I tried the one time. It was such a step up difficulty wise compared to all of the other exercises that it totally broke me and I ended up not playing for around 3 weeks. Last week I got back into it and  managed to almost do the planking but had to have a short break with 5 repetitions left. I ended up aching for a couple of days after that.

After another small break from Ring Fit over Easter (the chocolate isn't going to eat itself is it?) I started up again today. I chose the plank as my third exercise and it was so bloody easy! The first time I tried it I could barely carry on with whatever level I was on, but this time it was the third exercise against Dragaux so I was expecting to feel it but no. My core is obviously getting more chiseled. 

Saying that, I got to do the advanced ab blocker thing and I don't think I've ever seen the HOLD text fill up so slowly. :lol:

• Upvote 3

Ok, fuck fan pose. I am nowhere near flexible enough to do that properly. I'll stick with smoothies to recover my health thanks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Majora said:

Ok, fuck fan pose. I am nowhere near flexible enough to do that properly. I'll stick with smoothies to recover my health thanks.

Did this one for the first time today. Was way harder than I was expecting :lol:

After having this for ages I was just starting to get a lockdown enforced habit going finally when I got struck down by the virus. Tonight I’m going back in to see what’s left of me!

Did my first workout today, just through to the first boss.

Think the second round of squats might come back to haunt me in a day or too. And this is from someone who until a few months ago was squatting and deadlifting like a goodun (until I injured myself)

This is pretty bloody good isn’t it. Like, actually a good workout. I’m also really impressed how sensitive/accurate the joycons are. 

Set an alarm for 6am to do this every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

Has anybody reached the end of the story mode yet? If so, how many stages are there? I'm not sure how far through I am, I think I'm on about stage 10-12

Spoiler

the one where you have to gather three friends who aren't in any way related to the Wizard of Oz

and I'm just wondering how much further there is to go. Not that I want it to end, quite the opposite, I'd also like to know how to continue when you do reach the end of the story mode. Start again at whatever higher difficulty level you've reached?

Just now, Darren said:

Has anybody reached the end of the story mode yet?

Yep, takes about 2 hours. 

Just now, Rob Rule said:

Yep, takes about 2 hours. 

fry.PNG?1307468855

I've been playing half an hour every other day for about 3 months and I'm not at the end yet...

• Upvote 2