Ring Fit Adventure - Super Cardio Bros

51 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

It's interesting hearing what different people struggle with. I find Overhead Press so easy as to be almost pointless, it's what I choose when I want to get my breath back and I've not felt a burn from any of the arm/shoulder exercises so far. However the Chair Pose absolutely ruins me, my lower back and thighs start burning almost immediately and I can barely hold it even for 8 reps. My girlfriend is the exact opposite.

Ha! I’m like your girlfriend. Could do that chair pose all day. 

I broke my fourth toe so it's all round and purple (on a hexbar handle on the floor, funnily enough) and clipped the nail off another the other day and now every day the Ring Fit Adventure alarm goes off, taunting me. What was once a great feature is now depressing. :mad: Why yes, I'd love to put down Animal Crossing and run on the spot for 20 minutes!

54 minutes ago, skondo said:

Noticed the stock informer email and managed to get one. Came on here immediately after to advise and I think they've all gone already.

Scratch that. Order confirmation arrived stating item no longer available.

• Empathy 1

Started this yesterday on the lowest difficulty as I do little to no exercise bar the odd walk.. Did the first world was great fun. Cranked the difficulty up today and really felt it afterwards. Looking forward to continuing with it! Glad I got it.

Yeah this is pretty good.  I'm going to do it daily, alongside lifting weights and brisk hill/coastal walking.  Plan is to slot it into lifting days with a few of the hardcore one-off workouts  then do a stage of adventure mode with a walk on the off days.  Today was the former and warming up with a casual stamina workout and medium jog, followed by a couple of hardcore stamina and aerobic ones worked up a decent sweat!

I tried the new rhythm action mode and nearly threw the ring out of the window in a fit of rage.  Trying to get it to recognise my movements was infuriating :lol:

Day 4, and it was by far the hardest so far. I felt like I was going to drop towards the end, but I managed to push out the last few squats and limp over the line. I've felt it in my legs every day, but today is the first time I've really felt it in my arms and stomach. Feels like I'm getting somewhere at least. 

Today I did a course focused on legs where they forced me to do the same 3 leg exercises over and over and I was nearly dead by the end of it. I'm on level 28 difficulty now so just defeating each enemy feels like an achievement. Echoing others, turn on the option that forces you to finish sets even if you kill an enemy, it'll make a big difference to keeping your heart rate up.

Main gripe now I've progressed more is that some of the later exercises you unlock are way more powerful than the earlier ones but less difficult. Multiple sets of squats in a single session still remains one of the most strenuous exercises but its damage output is nothing compared to some later exercises that basically ask you to do nothing but hold your hands on the air and twist them around a bit or twist your hips from side to side. I try to stay disciplined and maybe include only one easy but powerful move in the routine each day for when I need a breather.

• Upvote 1

It's certainly where it falls down in balancing your exercise, although the courses that focus on specific muscle groups do help a little in this way. Watching my son he ended up with loads of the same type of exercise because they did the most damage, or they hit the most enemies. It makes sense from a gaming persepctive but not so much from a balanced exercise perspective.

Still the fact it gets you up and moving is great regardless.

I think it probably tracks what exercises you're using and uses that to decide what enemy colours to send towards you. (When you reach the stage where that matters, anyway.) The cooldowns also help a bit. But I think at its heart it expects you to decide how to balance your exercise, hence Tipp telling you if it seems like you focused more on a specific muscle group in a session.

I didn't know you could now complete unfinished exercises - that's cool.

My little workaround for side-switching exercises has been to always use one of those exercises first against a monster so that there's more chance I'll get to finish it and work out both sides of my body equally. Then if a monster still has a little health left, I'll hit 'em with something I hate, like overhead squats or planks, so that I can get in a few reps of those without having to kill myself completing the set.

I’ve settled in to a nice routine with this now, doing 30-40 minutes every morning. I’m more focused on really working myself rather than making progress so I’m doing the exercises that are harder rather than necessarily the most points. Just realised you can get moves that recover hearts which is good, so I can tackle a hard enemy and still “win” without gaming with easy moves. 

It’s really good. Did an adventure mini game earlier that mixed four leg exercises, one after the other. Jeez, nearly fell over after