Yakuza (7): Like a Dragon - Gotta Dispatch 'Em All!

Harsin

6 hours ago, kensei said:

This is my first Yakuza and it's a weird, weird game. However it's weirdest choice appears to be a completely momentum sapping sewer crawl. It's like they wanted to make Persona, but shit.

I rushed through that, once you are out you don't have to go back thankfully.

Persona but shit is more like P2: Eternal Punishment :P 

I agree that the sewer thing is a bizarre diversion though. I didn't mind it that much for grinding battles and finding loot... until I took a wrong exit and ran into the giant Roomba boss way earlier than I was supposed to. :blush: Even so, the later optional activities are generally more fun.

The sewer bit is probably the lowest point in the entire game, as it just goes on and on and you don't have any time saving abilities yet. It never has bits as dull as that afterwards thankfully.

Honestly, I think it would have been fine if it wasn't in a sewer. It's just not a very scenic place to batter bad guys - the last dungeon's long enough, but just looks way better to work through.

Should have set it at the docks or something so you could look at boats and stare off into the sunset or something.

I think it wasn't helped by the fact I'd just changed classes and that impact my skills and gear so the battles took a bit longer than normal.

But it just seemed to never end. The dungeons bits are an okay change of pace but you already get a lot of battles just wandering amount the map. The early shorter ones were much better.